RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

5 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I know a three people who would have gone to the games at Saints but they couldn’t be arsed setting up an account to get tickets. They did say “if they could’ve picked them up from Saints or pay at the gate they would have gone”.
The four games i am going to luckily a mate ordered them for us, but he wasn’t happy with being charged P&P for tickets that he was getting on his phone and not through the post. Myself i would sooner have an actual ticket in my hand than having to download it or get it printed. Hopefully the crowds will pickup, but i am mainly concentrating on what is happening on the pitch. But if they decided that they’d cut the price of tickets for the group matches to try and entice people i wouldn’t mind. 

It would take one person 60 secs to set up an account.

Given I travelled 6 hours each way this weekend, that's a pretty pathetic excuse just to not go if they really wanted to. 

I wonder if every game on FTA is affecting attendances too? If it wasn't televised or was on sky, I think you'd get bigger crowds. Mind you, in the NRL the crowds are ######, but the tv figures are very strong. I guess what is more important, more bums on seats or higher viewing figures? In this day and age, I'd say TV figures are probably more important. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

It would take one person 60 secs to set up an account.

Given I travelled 6 hours each way this weekend, that's a pretty pathetic excuse just to not go if they really wanted to. 

Not me mate 😉

Edited by GUBRATS

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I meant this year’s edition, sorry.

Always planned to go , just didn't really think I'd not be able to give the ticket office £ 40 a couple of weeks before the games , if they'd sold out , then I wouldn't be able to go , sometimes I need to work weekends , so not buying months in advance 

I just wonder why we have a ' ticket office ' , if they can't sell ' tickets ' ? 🤔🙃

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Always planned to go , just didn't really think I'd not be able to give the ticket office £ 40 a couple of weeks before the games , if they'd sold out , then I wouldn't be able to go , sometimes I need to work weekends , so not buying months in advance 

That fair enough, enjoy.

I fancied at least some of the games at St Helens, Bolton, Leigh and the Wigan quarter final as they’re easiest striking distance for me 

Operated a bit of a wait and see on the pricing, but will be disappointed to only watch these games on TV as nothing beats the live experience usually.

Got tickets so far only for the Wheelchair final in Manchester.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That fair enough, enjoy.

I fancied at least some of the games at St Helens, Bolton, Leigh and the Wigan quarter final as they’re easiest striking distance for me 

Operated a bit of a wait and see on the pricing, but will be disappointed to only watch these games on TV as nothing beats the live experience usually.

Got tickets so far only for the Wheelchair final in Manchester.

Explain the " wait and see " ? 

25 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

I wonder if every game on FTA is affecting attendances too? If it wasn't televised or was on sky, I think you'd get bigger crowds. Mind you, in the NRL the crowds are ######, but the tv figures are very strong. I guess what is more important, more bums on seats or higher viewing figures? In this day and age, I'd say TV figures are probably more important. 

Both are important because you want it to look good on TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

1000s of new comers and first timers found the £ to go to SJP yesterday whilst week to week RL fans complained about the ticket prices.

I do agree that some of the cat A B C prices are 25% more then they should be but the reality is that the lowest category tickets are NOT selling out. I have just seen 1 tweet saying that £25 put him off going to headingly to see the world's best players take on Fiji. 

Now it's only my opinion but I don't think £25 is that bad.  

I think this somewhat ignores where we are as a sport. We are quite frankly reliant on existing fans attending repeat games to get anywhere near doing well. When tickets are priced as they are, the natural response will be to cut out a few games. 

I think that's what we saw at the games today. These were all lower rated games in reality, and should have been priced accordingly. 

I have 11 out of 31 mens games within 7 miles of my home. I'm spoilt for choice, but will pick and choose what I'll invest my time and money in. People are doing that now. 

• Like 6

Some of the views looked expensive to me which would limit my interest in going unless prices dropped or other alternative views opened up.

Depending upon what happens would encourage me to attend more or less of my target games.

Does that make sense?

So if every ticket for any given game was the same price , but you got the best views by booking early , would you have booked earlier ? (  not counting the who might be in any given knock out game of course , I mean the group games ) 

So if every ticket for any given game was the same price , but you got the best views by booking early , would you have booked earlier ? (  not counting the who might be in any given knock out game of course , I mean the group games ) 

They don't need to be the same price, they need to be the right price. 

• Like 3

Just now, GUBRATS said:

I would expect to pay more money for the best views, but there should be a choice element and some reward that way for the early birds.

People can get frustrated at people complaining about the prices - but we're not wrong. 

It's been called out for months that venue selection and pricing was poor, and we are seeing it play out now. 

I'm hopeful things will improve and that many are just picking and choosing their games, with the opener taking the attention, but today was poor off the field. I enjoyed what I saw of the RL (Scotland v Italy and half of NZ v Leb). 

• Like 4

I would expect to pay more money for the best views, but there should be a choice element and some reward that way for the early birds.

Simplicity , book early , you will be rewarded with the better view 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think people aren't buying because it ain't simple. 

I don't see simplicity as a strong selling point tbh. 

My son has just been showing me the various options for the various games 

Crazy 

Simplicity , book early , you will be rewarded with the better view 

I don’t think this tournament has sold tickets with that ethos sadly, but we shall see.

Some of the ticket prices I’ve looked at feel too much and the tierings too highly pitched.

I’ve been to sporting events across the U.K. and North America so I have quite a range of experience when it comes to ticketing strategies.

Theres a sweet spot and I think organisers are missing it, but I would concede that major events in this country and elsewhere will be impacting best laid plans.

• Like 2