1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 7 to 12 points
    • Italy by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/22 at 19:00

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

We as rl fan and community have to understand there is a problem if so few people come to watch the best Int team play.

It’s been spoken about elsewhere mate - biggest factor is 3 games in 10 days in one of the poorest areas of the  country. This on paper was probably the least appetising of the 3 games despite the Aussies playing. 

• Like 3

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

It’s been spoken about elsewhere mate - biggest factor is 3 games in 10 days in one of the poorest areas of the  country. This on paper was probably the least appetising of the 3 games despite the Aussies playing. 

Still, a problem imho. 

St Helens should be one of the rl capitals in the world. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Just now, MatthewWoody said:

Still, a problem imho. 

St Helens should be one of the rl capitals in the world. 

I’d argue it is. But it doesn’t mean thousands have people have spare cash to throw around on their entertainment.

What is also interesting is a couple of the worst attending games so far have been an Australian and New Zealand game where they were expected to thump the opposition. Clearly the assumption putting those two teams in heartland locations would draw a crowd is false. Yet Australia - Scotland got 10k plus in Coventry. There is something in this that should be analysed for any future competitions. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I’d argue it is. But it doesn’t mean thousands have people have spare cash to throw around on their entertainment.

What is also interesting is a couple of the worst attending games so far have been an Australian and New Zealand game where they were expected to thump the opposition. Clearly the assumption putting those two teams in heartland locations would draw a crowd is false. Yet Australia - Scotland got 10k plus in Coventry. There is something in this that should be analysed for any future competitions. 

Plus is Australia whacking a load of other Aussies with Italian grandparents actually entertainment? I’d argue it isn’t. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Plus is Australia whacking a load of other Aussies with Italian grandparents actually entertainment? I’d argue it isn’t. 

I actually quite enjoyed the game. The Italians threw themselves into the fight and showed up well.

St Helens also turned up 10k+ to see Tonga who are majority heritage players so I don’t think heritage is thr key factor. Multitude of factors at play here but the key one IMO is too many games in a short period of time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

I actually quite enjoyed the game. The Italians threw themselves into the fight and showed up well.

St Helens also turned up 10k+ to see Tonga who are majority heritage players so I don’t think heritage is thr key factor. Multitude of factors at play here but the key one IMO is too many games in a short period of time. 

Agree.

Rl people know about Int heritage players and so on. 

I think we have the right to be disappointed by the people from the rl heartland. 

Still, Kangaroos are a brand that should be massive in St Helens, aren't they?

Money is tight at the moment in places like St Helens.

There were multiple games on at the Totally Wicked Stadium and they got supported in order of attractiveness I would guess.

Dont forget too that every game is televised (or easily available by iPlayer).

I think Geordiesaint is spot on in what he is saying.

• Thanks 1

Agree.

Rl people know about Int heritage players and so on. 

I think we have the right to be disappointed by the people from the rl heartland. 

I disagree about the heartland base - the planning assumptions by the organisers are what’s wrong here. Numbers of games, cost etc have all been badly thought through hence rubbish crowds at Saints last night and Warrington on the opening weekend. It’s the organiser’s fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Money is tight at the moment in places like St Helens.

There were multiple games on at the Totally Wicked Stadium and they got supported in order of attractiveness I would guess.

Dont forget too that every game is televised (or easily available by iPlayer).

I think Geordiesaint is spot on in what he is saying.

I tend to agree with you but still, I somehow am disappointed. 

The game was very interesting and I think we showed a good and creative attitude and approach. 

Gonna write a longer post about Italy RL's wc campaign as soon as I have access to my laptop. 

I'll just say I'm sure Tiziano, our former player and vicepresident who sadly died 45 y.o. this Spring, is happy from wherever he is because we scored against the Kangaroos and played well. 

Vossy announced club rl footy is starting again this weekend in Italy so I'm very happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I disagree about the heartland base - the planning assumptions by the organisers are what’s wrong here. Numbers of games, cost etc have all been badly thought through hence rubbish crowds at Saints last night and Warrington on the opening weekend. It’s the organiser’s fault.

It can be both, imho.

Vossy announced club rl footy is starting again this weekend in Italy so I'm very happy.

That’s great news, have you got any details about it?  If RL could get the lads who play that mental football game in Florence to start a team I reckon they’d be decent! 

Hmm, call me naive but I thought the prospect of watching the Kangaroos playing could be terrific for a RL city.

Honestly I just don’t think that’s the case any more, it’s years since Australia were over here and people have forgotten about them. If we’d had a load of Ashes series over the last decade then maybe it would be different but they’re just not the draw that they once were. This is another game that could have been played in Cumbria in front of a full house though.  

• Like 1

I tend to agree with you but still, I somehow am disappointed. 

The game was very interesting and I think we showed a good and creative attitude and approach. 

Gonna write a longer post about Italy RL's wc campaign as soon as I have access to my laptop. 

I'll just say I'm sure Tiziano, our former player and vicepresident who sadly died 45 y.o. this Spring, is happy from wherever he is because we scored against the Kangaroos and played well. 

It’s not the best crowd but no slight was intended towards Australia or Italy by it.

I think the number of games in close succession and the prices being charged are the main factors and the organisers deserve your ire more than the people in St Helens.

I’m glad you took positives out of the game and the manner of the victory over Scotland is another one.

Hopefully onwards and upwards for Italian RL and again sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend at no age at all.

Best regards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That’s a different debate and I severely doubt families in St Helens used it when deciding which group games they could afford to attend.

Agreed, they would have looked at which ones would be the most entertaining, and Australia humping Italy just isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s not the best crowd but no slight was intended towards Australia or Italy by it.

I think the number of games in close succession and the prices being charged are the main factors and the organisers deserve your ire more than the people in St Helens.

I’m glad you took positives out of the game and the manner of the victory over Scotland is another one.

Hopefully onwards and upwards for Italian RL and again sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend at no age at all.

Best regards.

Thanks mate. 

This Italy teams is young and we can build on this group the the next qualification campaign and hopefully 2025 WC. Let's hope we can give action to more domestic players. Interesting article about Celerino inside the new RL World. All the sacrifices and life choices he made for the love of the game...

About the whole campaign, I was disappointed by the v Fiji game. Not because of the loss but because of how it happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1