FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

TWO NIL!!!...TWO BLOODY NIL!!!

Drat and double drat! ☹️

I nearly said I've got the hump!

Anyways, I'm assembling a few RL books to dish out as prizes, up to now I have managed to source :

Rob Burrow Too many reasons to live

Jamie Peacock No white flag 

John Kear : Coaching is chaos

Terry Newton : Coming clean

Sean Long : Longy

I'm hoping to pick two or three more up and then the four semi finalists can have one each of their choice  and the winners can maybe have an extra one.

I'll see what other books I've managed to get by the end of the tournament to hopefully give folk a better choice.

Unless Saudi Arabia fail to make the final stages and then you can all get lost.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

TWO NIL!!!...TWO BLOODY NIL!!!

Drat and double drat! ☹️

I nearly said I've got the hump!

Anyways, I'm assembling a few RL books to dish out as prizes, up to now I have managed to source :

Rob Burrow Too many reasons to live

Jamie Peacock No white flag 

John Kear : Coaching is chaos

Terry Newton : Coming clean

Sean Long : Longy

I'm hoping to pick two or three more up and then the four semi finalists can have one each of their choice  and the winners can maybe have an extra one.

I'll see what other books I've managed to get by the end of the tournament to hopefully give folk a better choice.

Unless Saudi Arabia fail to make the final stages and then you can all get lost.

👍😀👍

So, as I'm currently struggling with insomnia, todays fixtures sees :

George Watt v Native New Yorker

Maximus Decimus v bobbruce

Roy Boy v Matt Santos

Tommygilf v Lowedesert

Insomnia or just avoiding moody Maggie 🙈😂

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

3 hours ago, amm said:

Insomnia or just avoiding moody Maggie 🙈😂

Why would I want to avoid you chuck seeing as you've previously revealed your desires to be :

"up against Old Frightful"

🥰

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Why would I want to avoid you chuck seeing as you've previously revealed your desires to be :

"up against Old Frightful"

🥰

image.png.7973108220c11c01091ad0c97844edf8.png

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

image.png.7973108220c11c01091ad0c97844edf8.png

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay?!?!

• Haha 2

Well, it's a must win for Herr Lowedesert later on today, and with the way Tommygilf's lot started, I might even end up watching a few seconds of it...

But then again, I might not.

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Well, it's a must win for Herr Lowedesert later on today, and with the way Tommygilf's lot started, I might even end up watching a few seconds of it...

But then again, I might not.

Japan and Costa Rica have just ruined what could have been a glorious collapse out of the tournament from the Germans! 

The Germans will approach this as a must win yes, but a draw won't see them out automatically either.

28 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Japan and Costa Rica have just ruined what could have been a glorious collapse out of the tournament from the Germans! 

The Germans will approach this as a must win yes, but a draw won't see them out automatically either.

I don't think a defeat will see them out either. If Germans beat Costa Rica and Spain beat Japan, then Spain will have 9 pts and the other three all 3pts, so goal difference,  that rules out Costa Rica, and if Spain thump Japan, Germany could go through with 3pts.

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

I don't think a defeat will see them out either. If Germans beat Costa Rica and Spain beat Japan, then Spain will have 9 pts and the other three all 3pts, so goal difference,  that rules out Costa Rica, and if Spain thump Japan, Germany could go through with 3pts.

One of my best mates is German and I don't think they'd like to trust anything to be out of their hands, let alone relying on the Spanish to win when they don't have to.

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Boom 

Indeed, very impressive mate...must have been your coaching...

Worra start for Matt Santos's lot!

Another "BOOM" moment!

RoyBoy 0 Matt Santos 1

26 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Worra start for Matt Santos's lot!

Another "BOOM" moment!

RoyBoy 0 Matt Santos 1

I'm surprised you know what's happening in the girlyball so quickly! Heard it in the news no doubt.😃

14 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I'm surprised you know what's happening in the girlyball so quickly! Heard it in the news no doubt.😃

Next door have the telly on too loud...

Today's games :

Jim Prendle v Jill Halfpenny Fan

hindle xiii v John M

David M v Just Browny

The Hallucinating Goose v Hopie

So today sees the final round of group matches start with teams from the same groups kicking off at the same time to hopefully avoid any jiggery pokery match fixing.

So first up we have :

tonyXIII v Gerumonsideref

Dave T v The Masked Poster

followed by :

ckn v RoyBoy295

HKR Away Days v Harry Stottle

In group A we shall certainly say goodbye to The Masked Poster today with Gerumonsideref the marginal favourite to join them although tonyXIII will be a tad nervous. Dave T looks to be sitting comfortably in one of the seats to the knock out stages.

In Group B, providing Harry Stottle avoids a shellacking by HKR Away Days, he will almost certainly make the latter stages with ckn the likely favourite to join him. RoyBoy295 will have a say in this and being undefeated after two games, can't be ruled out. A win for either ckn or RoyBoy295 will see them through but a draw will see ckn through unless HKR Away Days come up with a fairly unpopular win.

I think...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1