Fave Christmas TV and Films and Things You Always Watch

So , every Christmas I always have things I watch almost as a ritual . Just a few are Hercule Poirot’s Christmas … The two Porridge Christmas Specials which are just perfection … At least one Royal Family Christmas Special … the 1971 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show … a QI Christmas Show ( with Stephen Fry ) … a Only Fools and Horses Christmas show . And for some reason old classic films like The Adventures of Robin Hood and The Three Muskateers ( both kept on my iPad ) . Albert Finneys Murder on the Orient Express I always watch . I guess a lot is memories of times past and nostalgia and just comfort viewing , but it’s like some things I have to watch and only watch at Christmas ( things that aren’t Christmas specific ) 

Do you have fave Christmas shows and things you come back to watch at this time of year repeatedly 

My family watches TV a lot in general, but somehow we see very little if anything over Christmas. No idea why.

If there's anything notable on (Detectorists special this year), I often find myself watching it on catch-up when I'm back home in the New Year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

59 minutes ago, DavidM said:

So , every Christmas I always have things I watch almost as a ritual . Just a few are Hercule Poirot’s Christmas … The two Porridge Christmas Specials which are just perfection … At least one Royal Family Christmas Special … the 1971 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show … a QI Christmas Show ( with Stephen Fry ) … a Only Fools and Horses Christmas show . And for some reason old classic films like The Adventures of Robin Hood and The Three Muskateers ( both kept on my iPad ) . Albert Finneys Murder on the Orient Express I always watch . I guess a lot is memories of times past and nostalgia and just comfort viewing , but it’s like some things I have to watch and only watch at Christmas ( things that aren’t Christmas specific ) 

Do you have fave Christmas shows and things you come back to watch at this time of year repeatedly 

I love the Porridge Christmas specials. Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais also wrote another of my favourites, the Likely Lads Christmas special.  

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

We have a couple of films we watch as tradition at Christmas.

Goodnight Mister Tom and Die Hard are two musts and we'll always stick The Snowman on if we notice it's on when we're just scrolling through the tv guide.

Also because I'm such a fan of Aardman Animations and collect Wallace and Gromit memorabilia we will tend to watch Arthur Christmas and the Wallace and Gromits as well.

As a family we will also always drop everything and sit down and shut up to watch (weird to say this now the Queen has left us) the King's speech. 

10 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We have a couple of films we watch as tradition at Christmas.

Goodnight Mister Tom and Die Hard are two musts and we'll always stick The Snowman on if we notice it's on when we're just scrolling through the tv guide.

Also because I'm such a fan of Aardman Animations and collect Wallace and Gromit memorabilia we will tend to watch Arthur Christmas and the Wallace and Gromits as well.

As a family we will also always drop everything and sit down and shut up to watch (weird to say this now the Queen has left us) the King's speech. 

Creature Comforts singing the 12 days of Christmas is genius and hilarious 

• Like 1

the bottom and father ted xmas specials - maybe a steptoe - apart from that the tv can stay off for me - tis the season for fat sweaty  idiots with nose bleeds trying to pull trucks 5 yards and lift atlas stones  no doubt 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile