Fri 17th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/23 at 20:30

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Agian in English this time please.

Okay once agian juts for yuo! Pagde

Gud in'it?

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Padge said:

Is it right that Karen Roberts resigned this morning?

Considering the club was advertising for a new general manager and new head of social media weeks ago and the fact that both roles were listed on yesterday's match programme as 'TBC' I'd say the answer to your question is no.

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Of course it's possible whoever wrote this programme had some form of premonition...

Means nothing, was she still in post yesterday in a caretaker capacity until her replacement is appointed?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 minutes ago, Padge said:

Means nothing, was she still in post yesterday in a caretaker capacity until her replacement is appointed?

You tell me, you seem very sure of something I haven't seen/heard anywhere else.

You asked whether she resigned this morning, well I'd say without some sort of actual evidence to say she did, it seems unlikely since her exit has clearly been on the cards for a while now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

You tell me, you seem very sure of something I haven't seen/heard anywhere else.

You asked whether she resigned this morning, well I'd say without some sort of actual evidence to say she did, it seems unlikely since her exit has clearly been on the cards for a while now. 

I just asked a question, which you did attempt to answer, but didn't, you merely pointed out she is being replaced.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, Padge said:

I just asked a question, which you did attempt to answer, but didn't, you merely pointed out she is being replaced.

I provided the only facts relevant to the question. Everything else is unsubstantiated rumour at this point.

Edit: it's only a couple of months since people on social media were falling for a rumour that Fridays prematch entertainment involved actual live Leopards, so you'll have to forgive my skepticism.

Edited by LeytherRob

15 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I provided the only facts relevant to the question. Everything else is unsubstantiated rumour at this point.

Edit: it's only a couple of months since people on social media were falling for a rumour that Fridays prematch entertainment involved actual live Leopards, so you'll have to forgive my skepticism.

She resigned this morning is an unsubstantiated rumour, hence I asked the question that nobody seems to want to answer, instead all I have seen is obscurantism. 

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

She resigned this morning is an unsubstantiated rumour, hence I asked the question that nobody seems to want to answer, instead all I have seen is obscurantism. 

You got me, it's all a big conspiracy. Me, Gubby and Harry are all in on it. Anyway, must dash, I've got a top secret meeting at Beaumont towers to get to. 

14 hours ago, Padge said:

Well the best answer anybody can give is that she wasn’t in the post to resign from, as she’d already left. On the question of whether she was in the role in a caretaker capacity, I’d say it’s unlikely. Can’t be certain but you don’t normally see people go from having the role permanently to then having it in a caretaker capacity.

As for the handbags rumours, my instinct is to believe that it is nonsense, given the names mentioned. 

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Well the best answer anybody can give is that she wasn’t in the post to resign from, as she’d already left. On the question of whether she was in the role in a caretaker capacity, I’d say it’s unlikely. Can’t be certain but you don’t normally see people go from having the role permanently to then having it in a caretaker capacity.

As for the handbags rumours, my instinct is to believe that it is nonsense, given the names mentioned. 

I never mentioned handbags.

Senior positions of her nature usually come with a 3 months notice clause in the contract. She could be serving her notice, but if she felt her position was untenable walk and say sue me.

Was she still in post on Friday. It seems odd for her name to crop up as resigning Saturday if she wasn't in post (in any form) on Friday. That said if someone shows clearly that she left, and hasn't been involved for weeks it would quickly put the bizarre state of affairs ro bed.

57 minutes ago, Padge said:

I never mentioned handbags.

Senior positions of her nature usually come with a 3 months notice clause in the contract. She could be serving her notice, but if she felt her position was untenable walk and say sue me.

Was she still in post on Friday. It seems odd for her name to crop up as resigning Saturday if she wasn't in post (in any form) on Friday. That said if someone shows clearly that she left, and hasn't been involved for weeks it would quickly put the bizarre state of affairs ro bed.

Also, the senior positions like that have the notice period served on garden leave (or whatever it’s called). All I can say is, the only place I’ve seen this story crop up is on Fev Facebook forums and then here. Nothing has surfaced rumour wise locally in Leigh as far as I can see. 

On the question of whether she was in post on Friday, based on the screenshot from Friday’s program I’d suggest no. I don’t work within the club so obviously can’t give a definitive answer, but that’s what evidence suggests.

Sorry, saw someone mention handbags on this thread and also in the original rumours. There are some (one) in the club that I wouldn’t be surprised with, but the other name named would be a big surprise, and completely out of character. 

On 18/02/2023 at 00:50, GUBRATS said:

But our first game with a big crowd , next home game is Saints 

We were poor with ball in hand 

You didn't stop us offloading , we didn't offload 

I'm worried now , Injuries will kill us 

My biggest worry is how poor we were in the pack. I’m not particular surprised, as I think Sidlow and Stone were massive losses, and Ferguson was an extra forward who could get us on the front foot with his carries.

If we are going to stay up, we’ll need better from Mulhern, Nakubuwei and O’Donnell. Or the other forwards in the squad. And we need a hooker, because Davis isn’t a hooker and looks like Ipape is injured and assume Smith is as well. 

54 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Also, the senior positions like that have the notice period served on garden leave (or whatever it’s called). All I can say is, the only place I’ve seen this story crop up is on Fev Facebook forums and then here. Nothing has surfaced rumour wise locally in Leigh as far as I can see. 

On the question of whether she was in post on Friday, based on the screenshot from Friday’s program I’d suggest no. I don’t work within the club so obviously can’t give a definitive answer, but that’s what evidence suggests.

Sorry, saw someone mention handbags on this thread and also in the original rumours. There are some (one) in the club that I wouldn’t be surprised with, but the other name named would be a big surprise, and completely out of character. 

I don't do any Fev forums.

I have just heard locall y she walked Saturday morning and the timing seems very strange, I asked on here since a few Leigh posters seem to know every little inside bit of info about what is going on at the club, strangely they seem clueless about Ms. Roberts status this week, which I find even more bizarre since they can usually tell you the colour of Bo Dereks underpants on any given day.

Edited by Padge

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

I have just heard locall y she walked Saturday morning and the timing seems very strange, I asked on here since a few Leigh posters seem to know every little inside bit of info about what is going on at the club, strangely they seem clueless about Ms. Roberts status this week, which I find even more bizarre since they can usually tell you the colour of Bo Dereks underpants on any given day.

I think the TBC listing in the program is pretty conclusive. You might say it means nothing, but even if she was still in post in an interim capacity or whatever, she would be listed. Also seen some say she left weeks ago. 

On 18/02/2023 at 00:50, GUBRATS said:

But our first game with a big crowd , next home game is Saints 

We were poor with ball in hand 

You didn't stop us offloading , we didn't offload 

I'm worried now , Injuries will kill us 

I was at the game when you played Saints and 9,000+ was on. You absolutely battered us and deservedly so. They were the very dark days of the Cunningham era. It’d be great if there was another 9,000+. 

1 hour ago, Padge said:

And maybe she'd agreed to get us to seasons start , which was Friday night , so was always leaving the job day after ? 

Just how desperate are you ?

19 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I was at the game when you played Saints and 9,000+ was on. You absolutely battered us and deservedly so. They were the very dark days of the Cunningham era. It’d be great if there was another 9,000+. 

Yes , we know all about Mr Cunningham , he cost us our SL status later that year IMO 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And maybe she'd agreed to get us to seasons start , which was Friday night , so was always leaving the job day after ? 

Just how desperate are you ?

I just asked a simple question, which it seems nobody wants to give a straight answer to. Calm down.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Have you not considered the likelihood we don't know ? 

Not considering how much "in the know" stuff gets posted.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

I just asked a simple question, which it seems nobody wants to give a straight answer to. Calm down.

The fact the club listed the role as vacant in Friday’s program is as straight an answer as you could wish to have, without asking somebody that works for the club. The fact you bizarrely chose to dismiss this as meaning nothing, citing unrealistic scenarios to support what you said was an unsubstantiated rumour means there’s not much point discussing further I guess 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , we know all about Mr Cunningham , he cost us our SL status later that year IMO 

Fantastic hooker Gubrats and Saints second best hooker too pull on the red v, but as a coach he was a bit deluded sadly. 

Back to the Leigh/Salford match i thought the atmosphere was fantastic with great support from both sets of fans. A big positive for Leigh bar the result.