Dewsbury

The Lad

Today was a tough one to watch, thought we were second best in all departments as the Rams played to their strengths.

This team is young and that has it's advantages but today some of the drawbacks were on show, we were a little naive at times and lacked the  levelheadedness in possession to punish Dewsbury. Hornets has never had a big pack and we play best when we spread the ball but we didn't do enough of that, driving up the middle isn't the right move against a pack as big as Dewsbury. We seem to be lacking an old head that can run the game, in the loss v Doncaster and today we looked a little unsure of what to do at times when the game was up for grabs. 

But the team never stopped and gave 100%, that commitment can't be understated. We have players who want to play for us and prove themselves against the best in the league and that can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Dewsbury were faster and bigger and we found it hard to cope with that over 80 minutes. That said we never backed down and although the score did not reflect it our lads tackled themselves to a standstill. we camped on their line many times but just lacked the craft to get over the line. Well done lads you battled to the last.

• Like 2

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

Today was a tough one to watch, thought we were second best in all departments as the Rams played to their strengths.

This team is young and that has it's advantages but today some of the drawbacks were on show, we were a little naive at times and lacked the  levelheadedness in possession to punish Dewsbury. Hornets has never had a big pack and we play best when we spread the ball but we didn't do enough of that, driving up the middle isn't the right move against a pack as big as Dewsbury. We seem to be lacking an old head that can run the game, in the loss v Doncaster and today we looked a little unsure of what to do at times when the game was up for grabs. 

But the team never stopped and gave 100%, that commitment can't be understated. We have players who want to play for us and prove themselves against the best in the league and that can only be a good thing.

a young team in champ. 1 will get  pasted, as you have today.

the same thing happened to oldham last year

On 26/03/2023 at 22:46, Athleticgrounds said:

Old head definitely needed, if not we are in the Cornwall, London, Midland bracket.

2 things of yesterday

1. Your lads never stopped trying, and showed no lack of effort, a young team and if you can keep them together will have a decent team in a couple of years, hang in with these lads.. Looking at some of the standard of rugby so far in championship 1, bags of effort and little skill but that's only expected with a youthful team, you won't come last this season nor will you win it... Just keep building and you won't be far off. 

2. What was the raffle numbers yesterday? Eager to sell us tickets but not forthcoming with the results 🤔😁😁

1 hour ago, coolie said:

2 things of yesterday

1. Your lads never stopped trying, and showed no lack of effort, a young team and if you can keep them together will have a decent team in a couple of years, hang in with these lads.. Looking at some of the standard of rugby so far in championship 1, bags of effort and little skill but that's only expected with a youthful team, you won't come last this season nor will you win it... Just keep building and you won't be far off. 

2. What was the raffle numbers yesterday? Eager to sell us tickets but not forthcoming with the results 🤔😁😁

They were announced at half time over the tannoy. I know because I was stood next to the lady who did the announcing at the time. I presume whoever had the winning tickets claimed the prize.

In all fairness we did  have a couple of experienced players missing due to injury, whether that would have made any difference who knows.

Cannot fault the effort put in by our team but we did capitulate badly in the second half especially.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They were announced at half time over the tannoy. I know because I was stood next to the lady who did the announcing at the time. I presume whoever had the winning tickets claimed the prize.

Thanks you we were in the stand bar at halftime so didn't hear the announcement thank you mate

• Like 1