Sat 8th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 14:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/23 at 14:00

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I love fan reaction to a loss, overboard and a win, ecstasy, same player lauded last week and target for despair this.

That was a good game that will hold both sides in good stead for the rest of the season, chill out & get a sense of balance.

Some really poor refs calls there , not chillin , it might cost us a play off spot , terrible ref ,this is without watching the replay

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Some really poor refs calls there , not chillin , it might cost us a play off spot , terrible ref ,this is without watching the replay

Gubby you're moanin' about the ref and getting upset about possibly not being being in the play offs in your first season in SL where you're not odds on for the jeopardy spots.

Seems quite a change of attitude and outlook but then again you Leythers are fitting right in there.

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wakefield have exactly the same loop fixture as Leigh, being Wigan, HKR, Salford and Catalan and they have to play each other 3 times can't see Leigh losing all 3 of those against Wakey one at each others ground and the other at Magic.

I don't want to temp fate, but I would say Leigh will not be relegated.

I would say you will be fine Harry - Wakey are very poor so it probably gives you 12 months to improve the squad intime for next season.

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Gubby you're moanin' about the ref and getting upset about possibly not being being in the play offs in your first season in SL where you're not odds on for the jeopardy spots.

Seems quite a change of attitude and outlook but then again you Leythers are fitting right in there.

Sorry , I didn't realise we weren't allowed ambition 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Of course your allowed ambition but other clubs do have refereeing decisions go against them.

There might be a hint of agreement in that quote. That will do me. 

One was a clear try, and one led to a Salford try deemed a Leigh knock on when he never played the ball, just a good hit, loose carry and play on. 

Onwards and upwards !

Well, the fans moaning is fine, it's their job and the coach giving it rice is okay because it might mean his job.

But pundits over reacting about refs decisions in this match is not good enough.

Even if the ref is entirely wrong in this moment, decisions are given and you have to suck it up. Any kind of discussion by more than which ever side is unlucky cannot neither help and will only make some fans think their awful attitudes and misconceptions are correct. In some case it may even mean they think they have a right to do more than just moan.

• Like 1

As annoying as some of the ref decisions were, I was more annoyed at Lam for yesterday’s defeat. His refusal to trust the backup forwards is going to cost us as the season goes on. Mulhern was asked to do far too many minutes, which probably contributed to salfords fourth try. 

Hughes needs binning, but no idea why he was brought on to play prop, when there was a prop on the bench and both second rows have played plenty of games down the middle as well. Then he put a winger at prop. 

We are an injury to Amone or Asiata away from the season unraveling unless we get some forwards in, or give the likes of Wilde, Jones and Gannon a chance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, phiggins said:

As annoying as some of the ref decisions were, I was more annoyed at Lam for yesterday’s defeat. His refusal to trust the backup forwards is going to cost us as the season goes on. Mulhern was asked to do far too many minutes, which probably contributed to salfords fourth try. 

Hughes needs binning, but no idea why he was brought on to play prop, when there was a prop on the bench and both second rows have played plenty of games down the middle as well. Then he put a winger at prop. 

We are an injury to Amone or Asiata away from the season unraveling unless we get some forwards in, or give the likes of Wilde, Jones and Gannon a chance

Which is why I'm so frustrated with recent poor decisions going against us , I'll expect the same in 2 weeks time , as you say , injuries will eventually happen , it's cost us before and still could yet 

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So the ref cost you the game last week,here’s me thinking you were totally outplayed by a far better side.

First 2 try's were let's say ' fortunate ' , that set the tone of the game 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

First 2 try's were let's say ' fortunate ' , that set the tone of the game 

For Leigh’s sake let’s hope the players don’t suffer from your crippling persecution complex.

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

For Leigh’s sake let’s hope the players don’t suffer from your crippling persecution complex.

Even the pundits are trying their best not to make it too obvious 

Thought we played okay but can do better as should have put that to bed earlier

Defence wasn't the best and we missed a lot of tackles. 

Think if we had a couple of props on the bench instead of second rows then we win that comfortably as we dropped off once replacement front row went on. 

Big shout out to Chris aitkin who added some pace and urgency to the attack, his pass for one of the trys was superb and worth the entrance fee alone

Bring on Cas.

HOpefully we can start the improvement now the weather is getting better and follow this up with another win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Which is why I'm so frustrated with recent poor decisions going against us , I'll expect the same in 2 weeks time , as you say , injuries will eventually happen , it's cost us before and still could yet 

Injuries will probably happen to Amone, Asiata and Mulhern because they’re being asked to play too many minutes every week. It’s self inflicted. 

I don’t understand why Wilde is at the club if Lam would rather have Hughes and Nisbett come off the bench to play down the middle. 

6 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Injuries will probably happen to Amone, Asiata and Mulhern because they’re being asked to play too many minutes every week. It’s self inflicted. 

I don’t understand why Wilde is at the club if Lam would rather have Hughes and Nisbett come off the bench to play down the middle. 

Lam flogged the young Wigan forwards in 2020 & set some of them back in their development.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Oxford said:

In the many threads on here about P and R the criticism is often made " why promote a club whose only ambition is to be the second worse team in SL ad infinatum ? " 

This team is capable of making the play offs , that is the target , but to achieve that we'll need our fair share of the 50/50 s both in luck and refereeing decisions , not of course forgetting our previous Achilles heel of injuries 

So we are finally trying to do what everybody wants all the SL clubs to do , is be competitive and ambitious to win the competition , and we get criticism for that , seems we can't win 

Decent enough game.

Salford clicked occasionally & made it look easy to post points.

Leigh had them in trouble but couldn't find the knockout shots.

With a few missing up front & key man Lafai missing out wide, Salford have a huge step up in performance to come.

Leigh are probably as good as theyvare going to get & the 3 early wins should see them safe. Will perhaps add a couple more against Wakefield to be well clear of the drop.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In the many threads on here about P and R the criticism is often made " why promote a club whose only ambition is to be the second worse team in SL ad infinatum ? " 

In many threads on here posters place many illogical, removed from reality and even untruthful bits and pieces on here Gubby.

32 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

This team is capable of making the play offs , that is the target , but to achieve that we'll need our fair share of the 50/50 s both in luck and refereeing decisions , not of course forgetting our previous Achilles heel of injuries 

The luck and decisions argument is correct I think but given that our games favours the attacking side so much you have to ask is the rules or their application?

Injuries are a crucial ane telling factor.

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So we are finally trying to do what everybody wants all the SL clubs to do , is be competitive and ambitious to win the competition , and we get criticism for that , seems we can't win 

I don't think it's everybody Gubby.

The aim is fine and not something you can argue with. But it's no use only looking at the implications of something after they've affected you.

Leigh in SL has always been a good thing.

I left it there because that should say it all.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

We had enough time from about June to sort out a squad with enough depth and positions covered for SL, after our starting 17 we are light in quality, l we are probably down to bare minimum and ike you say if (and when) Lam blows these guys out we will be in trouble, hopefully if we beat Wakefield next week the pressure will be off and he can play some of the peripheral lads he seems to be against selecting.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We had enough time from about June to sort out a squad with enough depth and positions covered for SL, after our starting 17 we are light in quality, l we are probably down to bare minimum and ike you say if (and when) Lam blows these guys out we will be in trouble, hopefully if we beat Wakefield next week the pressure will be off and he can play some of the peripheral lads he seems to be against selecting.

I might've implied this already but I think you Leythers are over reacting and placing the blame far too specifically and to some extent for the wrong reasons.

You could have a bit of faith in your coach this year.

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I might've implied this already but I think you Leythers are over reacting and placing the blame far too specifically and to some extent for the wrong reasons.

You could have a bit of faith in your coach this year.

I have a lot of faith in the coach. He has us far more organised than we’ve ever been at this level. But his continued ploy to play a game with only 14 or 15 players is poor.

Even with the injury, we had two subs not feature until after an hour had been played. Could’ve brought Mulhern off much earlier and had Davis do a stint there. If Hughes hadn’t got injured he’d have done about 10 minutes and nisbet wouldn’t have featured at all. It’s very strange