v Whitehaven

Raider83

4 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Doesn't look the same Haven team. Not helped by half the team seemingly been on holiday this week! ( Great preparation!!! ) Congratulations on the win, Langtree been immense for you, get him to take Doran out his pocket before he gets on the bus! 

No chance of fitting him in anyones pocket, bet his local pie shop love him though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven score missed con 32-16 final score

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

8 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Doesn't look the same Haven team. Not helped by half the team seemingly been on holiday this week! ( Great preparation!!! ) Congratulations on the win, Langtree been immense for you, get him to take Doran out his pocket before he gets on the bus! 

If they were on holiday they should be reprimanded for it... poor loyalty

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

4 minutes ago, tec said:

No chance of fitting him in anyones pocket, bet his local pie shop love him though!

🤣 He had lost it but seems to of out it all back on again! 

1 minute ago, morty said:

If they were on holiday they should be reprimanded for it... poor loyalty

Don't think the club can say too much about it, that much unrest at the club at the minute they dare not rock the boat

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Can you name half the team that has been on holiday, only one i know who has been on holiday is Karl Dixon, but he never played as injured. 

6 hours ago, JMB said:

Can you name half the team that has been on holiday, only one i know who has been on holiday is Karl Dixon, but he never played as injured. 

I bet they wished they had been on holiday,took em to the cleaners without playing well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HP Beans said:

I bet they wished they had been on holiday,took em to the cleaners without playing well!

I'm not having they have all been on holiday. Another outlandish excuse from Haven fans when they get beaten. Makes a change from the refs all being against them. 

A win is a win thankfully BUT if anyone thinks we played well is deluded.  Whitehaven were very poor but made easy yards alot and stifled our go forward at times to easily. We dont seem to be able to keep the ball in opposition half and build pressure for any length of time. We give the ball up to easily and it's so frustrating because when we click we look great. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

A win is a win thankfully BUT if anyone thinks we played well is deluded.  Whitehaven were very poor but made easy yards alot and stifled our go forward at times to easily. We dont seem to be able to keep the ball in opposition half and build pressure for any length of time. We give the ball up to easily and it's so frustrating because when we click we look great. 

Pretty much this. I know a wins a win but It's one of the worst games I've seen for a while, lucky that haven were poorer than us. Put Johnson and Langtree in their side and that score probably reverses. Something just ain't right this season 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Got to agree. Pleased with the win especially after a disrupted journey down but any half decent team would have wiped the floor with us. Too many errors, too many brain dead penalties.

For their second try (I think) we put a kick through to their line, made 2 tackles to keep them there then got pinged for a lazy offside. Next set, another needless penalty given away and they scored a couple of tackles later. Frustrating. 

17 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Yes forgot about that try from the penalties.  That was brain deadness at the xtreme. Every week this happens so why is it not getting sorted amongst the players themselves. They are professionals for f...s sake. 

Where is Bulman by the way ?

He suffered a concussion at training and hasn't played since. 

With Toal and Brand in the centres we actually have a fair bit of strike. I can't see Brand getting in the Leigh side unless they have injuries as Leigh are flying at the moment and their outside backs are playing very well. 

Bulman doesn't get ahead of Broady so you're down to him or Shaw. As a lot of our games are usually pretty tight Shaws goal kicking becomes much more valuable. The Haven kicker missed 2 goals in the first half which meant we went in 12 points ahead instead of 8 which would have made a big difference so its a tricky call. 

4 hours ago, Left Winger said:

I'm not having they have all been on holiday. Another outlandish excuse from Haven fans when they get beaten. Makes a change from the refs all being against them. 

Only have to check social media to see that they have 🤣 wouldn't of made a difference either way, thought it was a game between 2 poor sides but Barrow deserved it and on that showing will pick up the 2pts at Haven when we next play. From both clubs perspective just got to hope Swinton & Newcastle keep losing!!