could Russel Crowe do a lot more to promote the whole game?

19 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

if I was him I wouldnt want a penny - why would I? The privilege to be in that position and promote TGG would be gratification enough

Lol - that's not how it works Jonny. FWIW I've followed Mr Crowe on Twitter for a number of years and he often waxes lyrical about the game - hard to know if that's had any impact. Anything he'd be expected to do beyond that he'd rightly expect to be paid for. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Lol - that's not how it works Jonny. FWIW I've followed Mr Crowe on Twitter for a number of years and he often waxes lyrical about the game - hard to know if that's had any impact. Anything he'd be expected to do beyond that he'd rightly expect to be paid for. 

if I had £130 million dollars in the bank I would waive the fee for the better cause but I suppose thats how the world works - lower your expectations in our game - John Prescott giving away free pork pies before the Hull derby is maybe more realistic as far as RL promotion goes

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Roy Keane is the man you want to promote RL in this country. He loves the sport and mentions it on a lot of his interviews. His popularity is massive since he became a pundit on sky, even the Liverpool fans seem to love him on there.

He likes many sports beside Football. I have seen him at Rugby Union, Gaelic Football and Hurling games. 

Roy regulary attends Cork City and Cobh Ramblers games. 

I think the key question is how much has the sport of Rugby League done to promote Russell's career.  Certainly Leigh bought into the whole Gladiator theme with their Centurions moniker but even that was a token effort at best.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

31 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think the key question is how much has the sport of Rugby League done to promote Russell's career.  Certainly Leigh bought into the whole Gladiator theme with their Centurions moniker but even that was a token effort at best.

To be fair to Leigh they seem fully committed to his new project “Bet Lynch the early years”. 

• Haha 2

On 14/06/2023 at 01:54, graveyard johnny said:

an A list actor with a rough hard image  who is worth a whopping 130m dollars - not asking for his money but could he do a lot more to promote the game on the world stage or even just the UK to start with? we all know about his Souths connection but what about the sport as a whole?  a couple of TV advertisements with him ranting about the greatest game could do wonders for starters and take a couple of hours of his time to film - ok he may take a couple of other A listers to the odd game but thats not really helping - if I was in his position (someone people would listen to)with such an obvious love for the game -I would be doing all I  could at every opportunity to get in the face of the public and spread the game 

We all could do a bit more to promote our game among friends and family

• Like 1