Toronto Wolfpack 2023 fixtures

On 09/08/2023 at 20:07, Eddie said:

Even when there are multiple teams of different sports I can’t think of many city themes other than Pittsburg. 

Not too common but there are some.

off the top of my head…

NY is very Red, White and Blue. Giants, Rangers, Yankees and Knicks.

NSW is always Blue, Qld Red, Vic Navy, SA Red and WA Black and Gold.

Balmain is traditionally black and gold. Easter Suburbs red, white and blue. St G red and white. Sutherland black white and blue. North Sydney red and black. South Sydney green and red (Randwick adopted just the green but are neither strictly South Sydney).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Not too common but there are some.

off the top of my head…

NY is very Red, White and Blue. Giants, Rangers, Yankees and Knicks.

NSW is always Blue, Qld Red, Vic Navy, SA Red and WA Black and Gold.

Balmain is traditionally black and gold. Easter Suburbs red, white and blue. St G red and white. Sutherland black white and blue. North Sydney red and black. South Sydney green and red (Randwick adopted just the green but are neither strictly South Sydney).

Red for Queensland?   Red? its Maroon (pronounced Marrone of course)🙂

Even super rugby returned to Maroon after dabbling in cherry for a while.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 13:07, Eddie said:

Even when there are multiple teams of different sports I can’t think of many city themes other than Pittsburg. 

Al Leeds teams like a bit of blue and amber (league, union, football, ice hockey, netball....) ....haven't looked up the pigeon racing or shin kicking teams but I bet they have those colours too 

50 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I always thing it's more like merr-owns 

The pronuncuation does vary across the country. Due to their isolation, each penal colony developed slightly different dialects of Australian-English.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

The pronuncuation does vary across the country. Due to their isolation, each penal colony developed slightly different dialects of Australian-English.

There was only the one penal colony IMO, New South Wales.  The Vics are proud that Victoria was never one.

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

There was only the one penal colony IMO, New South Wales.  The Vics are proud that Victoria was never one.

No we aren't. There were penal settlements in Victoria, if anything some people here are proud of it. The state cricket team was known as the Bushrangers which were criminals who roamed around the country stealing and robbing from "the rich"

South Australia was the only settlement founded by free settlers, something they never stop talking about

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Al Leeds teams like a bit of blue and amber (league, union, football, ice hockey, netball....) ....haven't looked up the pigeon racing or shin kicking teams but I bet they have those colours too 

All Bradford teams historically wore the same colours. I don’t know what Park Avenue wear these days but for most of their history (aside from adopting green and white in an effort to be different to City) they wore the same amber, claret, black mix that City and Northern (Bulls) did. Bradford RU’s badge looks like it shares the same broad look.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

37 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

All Bradford teams historically wore the same colours. I don’t know what Park Avenue wear these days but for most of their history (aside from adopting green and white in an effort to be different to City) they wore the same amber, claret, black mix that City and Northern (Bulls) did. Bradford RU’s badge looks like it shares the same broad look.

I can only remember Northern in white shirts with a black and amber hoop around the chest. No sign of claret.

51 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I can only remember Northern in white shirts with a black and amber hoop around the chest. No sign of claret.

image.jpeg.e7dec9bc6a696c53ca1da15fbe0bd6f5.jpeg
1980s shirt for sale

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Oops, forgot the other hoop but that looks red to me.

My memory had it darker but yes

• Like 1