Toronto Wolfpack 2023 fixtures

Question 3: When will you announce the team? 

Very soon! We wanted to address these questions first before officially announcing any of the players or the coaches. However, expect some team news to drop and get ready to meet our new head coach in the next couple of days!   

Still the old "more to come".... Every question they actually answered was "free". This is the only one that actually takes more than a twitter account and the ability to rent a city facility.

Good to have a coach in place and I think he was the previous incumbent. They still need an entire squad however and I am not aware that Copperheads have confirmed whether or not they are turning up to play this Saturday.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2023 at 21:46, Whippet13 said:

Good to have a coach in place and I think he was the previous incumbent. They still need an entire squad however and I am not aware that Copperheads have confirmed whether or not they are turning up to play this Saturday.

Appointed yesterday resigned today.

Also, Saturday is cancelled which they're blaming on the late notice of the coach who was appointed yesterday quitting. Feels like a really pointless cover story.

Edited by DI Keith Fowler
  • Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

The Toronto City Saints seem to go about things the right way and do so modestly, too. I hope they go well. I’m less interested in the Wolfpack and cringe every few months when each resurrection attempt comes around. 

On 22/06/2023 at 13:08, John Drake said:

There's a whole sub-forum on here, full of discussion about the rights and wrongs of what happened to Toronto Wolfpack in the past.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/forum/500-toronto-wolfpack/

Please use this thread to discuss what's happening in the future (good or bad) rather than turning it into another discussion that's already been done to death and can be still continued elsewhere on TRL.

Thanks.

Repeating again for the benefit of those who missed it first time round.

Keep this thread about the latest incarnation of the club, going forward. 

To rake over the past, use the sub-forum, where anything you've got to say will probably have been said 1000 times already...

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

The squad has been announced, hopefully it will last longer than the coach did:

Is anyone knowledgeable enough to say whether they recognise those names from other Canada/US/wherever teams or or previous Wolfpack incarnations?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Is anyone knowledgeable enough to say whether they recognise those names from other Canada/US/wherever teams or or previous Wolfpack incarnations?

I just read them all in Toast's voice to be honest they mean nothing to me. 

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

YES I CAN HEAR YOU CLEM FANDANGO

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

So it looks like the new home opener is now Wolfpack v All Stars. I can see that probably happening as it's going to be mostly one half of the squad playing against the other half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2023 at 14:48, DI Keith Fowler said:

Thanks for that.. thats an hour of my working day i've lost as ended up down a You Tube Toast of London Rabbit Hole! it was worth it though!

• Haha 1

Game two cancelled, apparently they need to "keep practicing", which probably means they couldn't raise the players (this was basically an internal friendly) and/or the ones they have still need to learn the rules.

From the glass half full perspective, at least it means they are undefeated in the Canada Cup going into round 3.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/news-updates/we-have-some-important-information-from-the-den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1