Barrow Away

Batley Bob

Oh dear there seems to be a massive hold up on the motorway, looks like the Woodman Bus is going to be running late, lets hope the players bus is somewhere in front.

The Barrow ladies match v Leigh as been put back to 17.30, fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Oh dear there seems to be a massive hold up on the motorway, looks like the Woodman Bus is going to be running late, lets hope the players bus is somewhere in front.

The Barrow ladies match v Leigh as been put back to 17.30, fingers crossed.

m6 junction 31 milk truck tipped over

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

6 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

12 - 6 win to thee dogs in last minute of the game, radio commentators were saying pass was forward but ref said otherwise 🙂 and swinton have beat Sheffield  and york beating halifax

Any away win is good .

Just noticed that young McGowan was absent . Was he carrying an injury or just rested ?? ( he cannot have been dropped for poor form !!! )

Just curious .

Listened on the radio sounded like pretty bad conditions! Not great for rugby which would probably explain so many errors from both sides, it sounded like we weren't at our best the amount of time we dropped the ball was unbelievable, did kibula manage to hang on to a ball at all today every time he seemed to be mentioned was because he had lost the ball, despite all the mistakes yet again we manage to grind out another tough game! Radio commentary said that our last try was from a forward pass looking at the short clip ive seen didn't look forward and no appeals from the barrow players, and great play from Meadows to dummy then delay the pass! Also listen closely to the guys reaction right at the end of the clip😂

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

m6 junction 31 milk truck tipped over

No milk on the cornflakes then.

12 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Listened on the radio sounded like pretty bad conditions! Not great for rugby which would probably explain so many errors from both sides, it sounded like we weren't at our best the amount of time we dropped the ball was unbelievable, did kibula manage to hang on to a ball at all today every time he seemed to be mentioned was because he had lost the ball, despite all the mistakes yet again we manage to grind out another tough game! Radio commentary said that our last try was from a forward pass looking at the short clip ive seen didn't look forward and no appeals from the barrow players, and great play from Meadows to dummy then delay the pass! Also listen closely to the guys reaction right at the end of the clip😂

Where can we see the clip.

Pass for the winning try didn’t look forward to me. Better game management in the last 15 minutes won the game for Batley. Great effort from the Barrow lads. Kibula offered nothing for Batley today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nineoil said:

Any away win is good .

Just noticed that young McGowan was absent . Was he carrying an injury or just rested ?? ( he cannot have been dropped for poor form !!! )

Just curious .

He had a slight limp during the London match, so maybe not fully cleared up and another poster mentioned that on thursday(I think it was) he had a niggle so I suppose it was better to rest him and with Hooley training with the squad it looked like he was  covered.

Don’t know how we won that. Never really got going, conditions awful, error strewn for the best part of it. For 75 minutes, their half backs looked the difference with intelligent kicking and even a 40/20 which resulted in penalty for them to draw level. Then in last 5 minutes, they miss a drop goal attempt and kick early in the count with numbers outside….then up steps Jimmy and he wins the game!!
Never question the effort again though, tough place to come, full marks for sticking at it to the death. Big 2 points.

Samy gave as good, or bad performance as most today. He had some wild passes thrown at him which went down but also a simple one as well. He tackled well I thought but just like a few others missed one or two. Think he should have been used as interchange though and Keegan as the starter. Nobody was overly inspiring even Hooley dropped 1 kick. I'm going to have my usual chirrup about dropgoals; at 6-6 for a long time and most of the game being played between the 20's, the time we did have at their end we never got lined up for one. We kept playing out left and Woods and Meadows were always out there.  Barrow got in position for 2 shots, 1 which they got off. Scores level, all hell and no notion, take the 1, get the ball back and press again. AND again we got caught out and conceded a try from a kick off we didn't have in the script.

Edited by phildog

12 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Paul crarey in is interview after the game discribed  Batley as the (masters of grind! )  a good discription of our boys I thought! 

One thing about you boys is you never give in & had Josh Wood seen the 2 men outside him just before you score we might have had the 2 points but these things happen unfortunately. Had a chat with a few of your team & the coach after the game what a good set of decent lads they are.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Samy gave as good, or bad performance as most today. He had some wild passes thrown at him which went down but also a simple one as well. He tackled well I thought but just like a few others missed one or two. Think he should have been used as interchange though and Keegan as the starter. Nobody was overly inspiring even Hooley dropped 1 kick. I'm going to have my usual chirrup about dropgoals; at 6-6 for a long time and most of the game being played between the 20's, the time we did have at their end we never got lined up for one. We kept playing out left and Woods and Meadows were always out there.  Barrow got in position for 2 shots, 1 which they got off. Scores level, all hell and no notion, take the 1, get the ball back and press again. AND again we got caught out and conceded a try from a kick off we didn't have in the script.

according to the commentators that there was a strong wind against us in 2nd half as i'm sure Woods would have gone for the 1 otherwise

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012