Thur 29th Jun : SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/23 at 19:30

A link to a thread. 

This was the game where Wire won their 8th on the bounce in a brilliant game in Catalans. If there was to be gloating, you would really expect it here. 

There is none. 

In fact, it is quite clear that only one person regularly gloats on the Wire threads. It's not a good look, but each to their own. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If you could quote that, your posts may make sense. 

Tbh your posts are nonsense. Most Wire fans went into the season believing the first 6 weeks were make or break as to whether Powell would keep his job. 

What exactly were people gloating about? 

Bragging about how they're the best and how every other team is inferior, just the usual guff that excited fans come out with, a lot of Wire fans ( not including yourself or other sensible posters) were full of it.

It's just banter, I've nothing against Wire or their fans, but some of them were a tad excited a couple of months ago.

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

A link to a thread. 

This was the game where Wire won their 8th on the bounce in a brilliant game in Catalans. If there was to be gloating, you would really expect it here. 

There is none. 

In fact, it is quite clear that only one person regularly gloats on the Wire threads. It's not a good look, but each to their own. 

I don't recall a particular post Dave, just remember seeing comments about how good Warrington were and how the rest of the league may just as well give up etc.

I could be totally wrong though, I'm only going by memory which, like Warrington's hopes is slowly diminishing 😄 

54 minutes ago, meast said:

I don't recall a particular post Dave, just remember seeing comments about how good Warrington were and how the rest of the league may just as well give up etc.

I could be totally wrong though, I'm only going by memory which, like Warrington's hopes is slowly diminishing 😄 

I clearly recall you Hudds fans boasting that when you got Watson you would go the season unbeaten and would win the lot. 

I clearly remember you saying that you would batter Wigan in the cup final last year and they would be embarrassed. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I clearly recall you Hudds fans boasting that when you got Watson you would go the season unbeaten and would win the lot. 

I clearly remember you saying that you would batter Wigan in the cup final last year and they would be embarrassed. 

On SKY last night the pre match featured a listing of who's had the most continuity of players in the prime positions , no surprise that Leigh were at the top , losing your ' spine ' players can massively affect your ability , and similarly your starting forwards , just shows how much luck can play in a game like RL 

Wakey have suffered badly at the start of the year , Wire,Salford definatly this weekend , in previous SL seasons Leigh have had literally no luck whatsoever using large numbers of fringe and loan players just not up to SL standard , it showed FC having Clifford back last week 

Quite often it is how teams cope with these disruptions that decide who wins over a season 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

On SKY last night the pre match featured a listing of who's had the most continuity of players in the prime positions , no surprise that Leigh were at the top , losing your ' spine ' players can massively affect your ability , and similarly your starting forwards , just shows how much luck can play in a game like RL 

Wakey have suffered badly at the start of the year , Wire,Salford definatly this weekend , in previous SL seasons Leigh have had literally no luck whatsoever using large numbers of fringe and loan players just not up to SL standard , it showed FC having Clifford back last week 

Quite often it is how teams cope with these disruptions that decide who wins over a season 

Agreed. I made a post earlier in the thread about it's how you deal with the adversity. I'm not sure Powell knows what to do and his almost random team selections are clearly not helpful to the team. 

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Me personally or Huddersfield fans in general?

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Agreed. I made a post earlier in the thread about it's how you deal with the adversity. I'm not sure Powell knows what to do and his almost random team selections are clearly not helpful to the team. 

I DO remember saying last year that Powell's struggles with Warrington were similar to Watson's first year with us in that he seemed to be trying to change a culture and was weeding out the ones he saw as not wanting to go with what he wanted, there are similarities with both clubs and coaches again this year in the sense that neither coach seem to know what their best team is.

Countless team changes, both forced and unforced seem to be baffling both sets of supporters.

7 minutes ago, meast said:

I DO remember saying last year that Powell's struggles with Warrington were similar to Watson's first year with us in that he seemed to be trying to change a culture and was weeding out the ones he saw as not wanting to go with what he wanted, there are similarities with both clubs and coaches again this year in the sense that neither coach seem to know what their best team is.

Countless team changes, both forced and unforced seem to be baffling both sets of supporters.

I was a massive fan of Tony Smith, despite some erratic performances under him, I always bought into his philosophies and it was always clear what he wanted to do. 

I just don't see that with Powell, and I don't really think he is clear on what his vision is. He hid behind having to clear out dead wood last year, but as we've seen, that was a load of guff, with many fans seal-clapping it through as we offloaded many of our top performers. 

• Haha 1

Remember Leeds won SL twice from 5th . Was that by design to just stay in touch and conserve energy and target playoffs ? I think not ,but it is a thought 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

35 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Remember Leeds won SL twice from 5th . Was that by design to just stay in touch and conserve energy and target playoffs ? I think not ,but it is a thought 

The " conserving of energy " is a complete misnomer, but RL as much as any sport is affected by momentum and confidence , Leeds had that both times , and a " we'll show them " mindset 

So perhaps more luck than design IMO 

• Like 1