FRENCH PRESIDENT RESIGNS

Morning 

Sadly Luc Lacoste has today resigned due to ill health (He had a major scare over the weekend) 

I have just been in touch with him this morning to wish him well.

No idea what will happen now the next election would be 2024 so have asked who will now be responsible for taking things forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7

Very sorry to hear that.  he gave the impression from this side of the channel of having the necessary get-up-and-go about him to help reinvigorate French RL and an early manifestation of that might have been the excellent Elite 1 competition in the recently concluded season (though as ever, I recognise the massive contribution of others, often in a voluntary capacity)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I heard him speak on a couple of podcasts and liked his vigour. I hope he gets better soon. 

You throwing your hat into the ring @ATLANTISMAN?

I would not want it for all the tea in China and anyway it should always be a French person ,however will be totally willing to work alongside who ever takes this on in a commercial capacity alongside helping sort out an international programme.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I would not want it for all the tea in China and anyway it should always be a French person ,however will be totally willing to work alongside who ever takes this on in a commercial capacity alongside helping sort out an international programme.

Tell me more about this international programme Paul…

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I wonder if that has been helpful in the past. There seems to have been a history of factional infighting in the game there. I hope that has now passed but sometimes a foreigner has a neutrality that in some cases works best. Just a thought.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

He is someone who gave a lot of hope to the French treizistes. We hoped to move towards more professionalization, take advantage of its relationships to develop partnerships, communication, etc.
If we can sum up his action: in the positive, he helped to renew the dialogue between the FFR13 and the international bodies.
But the results in other areas are very meager, even disappointing. The World Cup, a professional championship made up of major cities, TV contracts, relations with the Catalans Dragons etc.
His orientations and his intentions were not compatible with the situation of rugby league in France.

• Like 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

I like Luc a lot his intentions were great, as i told him many times the focus should be on the heart beat of the game and places that were once strong RL areas but had fallen on hard times.

Focus now on the traditional clubs and a strong Elite 1 and use the international team to take the game to new areas 

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

I don't know much about him, he played the game and is passionate about the game but I don't know much about him, his son took over as the French national women's coach straight after the election 2 years ago. 

Edited by barnyia