Whitehaven

1 hour ago, donald said:

Nearly all funding as gone to heartland clubs but it's all a load of ######. 

Super league at a guess get 2.3 million each

League 1 30k each ( probably less )

Championship large payments 750k for the elite  clubs then staggered payments down to 40k for the paupers . 

Totally unfair how they do it years ago it used to be level payments in the Championship 

Super League clubs get about £1.5 million a piece of the current deal.

Championship are still on a sliding scale.

League 1 are basically nothing with "engagememt" providing a scale but it remains basically nothing.

Under the previous £40 million a year deal, Super League got on average, £1.8 million; some got less dependent on circumstances. Championship got, on a sliding scale, £750k to £125k. League 1 got £75k flat rate.

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

League 1 are basically nothing with "engagememt" providing a scale but it remains basically nothing.

Under the previous £40 million a year deal, Super League got on average, £1.8 million; some got less dependent on circumstances. Championship got, on a sliding scale, £750k to £125k. League 1 got £75k flat rate.

I was just making guess figures but if you go back to the mid to late 2000,s I'm sure when nearly every team had a reserve team and a lot of kids teams I'm sure all champs got 300k and league 1 150k. All changed after superleague became a closed shop for 3 years . Sure they where the figures 

7 minutes ago, donald said:

I was just making guess figures but if you go back to the mid to late 2000,s I'm sure when nearly every team had a reserve team and a lot of kids teams I'm sure all champs got 300k and league 1 150k. All changed after superleague became a closed shop for 3 years . Sure they where the figures 

https://www.totalrl.com/what-every-sky-sports-deal-for-super-league-coverage-has-been-worth-since-1996/

According to this the figures for that time were:

1996-1998 (3 years) £52m (£17.3m a year)
1999-2003 (5 years) £57.8m (£11.56m a year)
2004 to 2008 (5 years) £45m (£9m a year)
2009 to 2011 (3 years) £53m (£17.6m a year)

Which suggests if nothing else that central funding went up during the initial licensing period.

Nevertheless I'd be astonished if 20 years ago League 1 teams were getting £150k central funding

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Oldham got £12,000 this season. They have had over £100k in League 1 in the past.

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2023 at 20:28, RS said:

I heard that Haven will be ok from a reasonable source today 

There's not much about it now,thought someone would update us who have sent money or who haven't as a matter of interest.