Newcastle- No room for complacency.

Bearman

Personally wish we had survived on our own terms. 

From next seasons perspective its probably better if Whitehaven go down (signing opportunities) but I hope they win tomorrow so we can breathe easy next week.

• Like 1

I don't think even Wayne Bennett could have done any better this season given the huge number of injuries, we've had 40 players this year with a number of them being from the amateur ranks. 

Against Swinton they played really well despite the problems and therefore deserved the reception but you cannot keep that up week in and week out. Give Cresta the tools and he can do a good job. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SJD said:

I don't think even Wayne Bennett could have done any better this season given the huge number of injuries, we've had 40 players this year with a number of them being from the amateur ranks. 

Against Swinton they played really well despite the problems and therefore deserved the reception but you cannot keep that up week in and week out. Give Cresta the tools and he can do a good job. 

######

6 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Absolutely shocking, totally unexpected, against the bottom of the league with a minus 500 point difference and their highest score this season.

7 tries against us! Who saw that coming?!

On the positive side, Keighley will have to beat Halifax and London to overtake us. A tough ask

If Whitehaven beat Swinton tomorrow, we're safe. 

But even IF SWINTON WIN, they will still need to beat Halifax and Whitehaven will still need to beat Toulouse in the last weekend to overtake us.

Don't see both scenario's happening.

Regardless of all that, our fate still lies in our own hands as beating York at home will be enough.

How are you working that one out?

12 hours ago, SJD said:

Agree, Cresta out shouts miles off it. Yes we’ve had a bad season and recruitment was poor but we’re not going to get anybody better for the job than Cresta.

Losing 3 key players mid season in Iaria, Gillam and Wells (along with a number of squad players) and replacing them with kids has been the biggest issue for me. I think if them 3 had been available for the most of the season we’d have survived a lot more comfortably. That’s not a dig at the lads who came in, they just aren’t on the same level as the aforementioned. 

Edited by Jarc
  • Like 2

After this weekend results I hate Championship rugby league ..... 🤪

We had a dreadful result against already relegated Newcastle and I hoped Whitehaven would have done us a favour against Swinton.

Again we roll on to next weekend where as a Barrow Raider fan, the stress continues!!!

• Like 2
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

Swinton WON by 1 point!

Whitehaven, Swinton and Keighley (who LOST by 1 point) all have 16 points. 

Barrow have 17 points.

Next weekend to overtake the Raiders, the 3 teams below us ALL have to WIN.

Whitehaven (H) need to beat Toulouse. Swinton (A) need to beat Halifax. Keighley (A) need to beat London.

ALL very unlikely in my opinion. 

If any of the 3 teams draw and secure 17 points, the Raiders will stay up on points difference.

Whitehaven have 5 points better than Swinton and Keighley who are equal on points difference.

So if all 3 teams lose, as is possible, who drops to League 1 will depend on points difference.

Talk about a cliff-hanger! You can't make this stuff up.

Regardless of the above, if Raiders beat York on Sunday, we will stay up.

But if Whitehaven lose to Toulouse on Saturday, we're safe and no pressure to beat York.

Is that all clear now?!!

Disclaimer: All the above is subject to errors and omissions!

TABLE.png

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Swinton WON by 1 point!

Barrow have 17 points.

Whitehaven (H) need to beat Toulouse. Swinton (A) need to beat Halifax. Keighley (A) need to beat London.

If any of the 3 teams draw and secure 17 points, the Raiders will stay up on points difference.

Whitehaven have 5 points better than Swinton and Keighley who are equal on points difference.

So if all 3 teams lose, as is possible, who drops to League 1 will depend on goal difference.

But if Whitehaven lose to Toulouse on Saturday, we're safe.

Is that all clear now?!!

TABLE.png

Great post, and it's crystal clear!

FWIW, I think Toulouse will beat Haven. I cannot see Keighley getting anywhere near London. Halifax at home should have too much for Swinton.

The likelihood of all three winning and sending us down is remote. But we have put ourselves in this position, and if we cannot beat an already relegated side we deserve no favours really.

I suppose the relegation spot comes down to who loses by the most next week. With no great confidence, I'm going to predict that it will be Keighley.

One thing is for certain: we won't be beating York.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next week Halifax and London can`t afford to lose to Swinton and Keighley  to cement their positions for the play offs....  . Haven play Toulouse at home who have nothing to play for , but it could all come down to who loses by the smallest margin as to who stays up . Haven play Saturday so the others will know what they need to do .,,,,,,Don`t panic Barrow are safe .

• Confused 1

I can't see all 3 of those sides winning it seems impossible yet I still have the doubt in the back of my mind. 

I think if you put all 4 games into an accumulator the odds would come out anywhere between 500 and 1000/1 at a conservative estimate. Might just stick £20 on it so then if it does happen got plenty of money to drown my sorrows. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2023 at 10:34, Bearman said:

I suspect that most of us think that the job is done, BUT it is still mathematically possible to come a cropper.

I know that Cresta will be pushing that point home but will the players be a tad complacent?.

I hope not.

Well Ron, I think they were

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

From Cresta's interview saying that Stack and Johnston were playing injured on Saturday, should have started Jackson and put Ryan on the bench to come on if needed, not play him for 70 mins and then take him off.

Game felt like a culmination of everything that has gone wrong this year, luckily we managed to grab points elsewhere in the year (home and away against Bradford) which should be enough barring a miracle from the other 3.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2023 at 16:55, 2Cents said:

Swinton WON by 1 point!

Barrow have 17 points.

So if all 3 teams lose, as is possible, who drops to League 1 will depend on points difference.

But if Whitehaven lose to Toulouse on Saturday, we're safe and no pressure to beat York.

Is that all clear now?!!

TABLE.png

Or if Barrow draw with York we are safe because of points difference. 

4 hours ago, raiders_1875 said:

From Cresta's interview saying that Stack and Johnston were playing injured on Saturday, should have started Jackson and put Ryan on the bench to come on if needed, not play him for 70 mins and then take him off.

Game felt like a culmination of everything that has gone wrong this year, luckily we managed to grab points elsewhere in the year (home and away against Bradford) which should be enough barring a miracle from the other 3.

I just can't see Swinton beating Halifax or Keighley beating London they are down there for a reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I just can't see Swinton beating Halifax or Keighley beating London they are down there for a reason. 

I'd love to agree with your comment but this is the last chance for surviving the drop into League 1, because of that you would expect them to give it everything they have and as we have seen all season the results are pretty unpredictable.

This weekend is going to be nerve wracking.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SJD said:

I'd love to agree with your comment but this is the last chance for surviving the drop into League 1, because of that you would expect them to give it everything they have and as we have seen all season the results are pretty unpredictable.

This weekend is going to be nerve wracking.

Going to be a great weekend for the Championship and i know what you're saying but i  don't think they will be  quite good enough. We will soon find out.

• Like 1

I was going to say I'll get you a pint next time you come down to Craven Park but that won't be for quite a long time as you are going to be up there with the big boys, and well deserved it's been a long time coming.

• Like 3

Halifax, Swinton and York won last weekends games by last-minute 1 point drop-goals. Quite remarkable.

At the top-end of the table, Halifax, London and York are all fighting for the final 2 places in the play-offs.

It just so happens, their respective opponents are at the bottom-end of the table, Swinton, Keighley and Barrow all fighting to stay up.

Whitehaven are also desperate to win their last game.

4 do-or-die, blood-and-guts games.

In all my years of following Barrow (which is a lot...) I can't ever recall it being so tight going into the last weekend, after 27 games played since February.

Whitehaven or Swinton or Keighley will probably going down to League 1 on a few points difference. Sport can be cruel.

Hoping, praying and expecting that Barrow will be safe by 5pm Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJD said:

I was going to say I'll get you a pint next time you come down to Craven Park but that won't be for quite a long time as you are going to be up there with the big boys, and well deserved it's been a long time coming.

Hopefully but if not we've always got Barra,Batley, Dewsbury and York to look forward to best 4 away days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Cents said:

Halifax, Swinton and York won last weekends games by last-minute 1 point drop-goals. Quite remarkable.

At the top-end of the table, Halifax, London and York are all fighting for the final 2 places in the play-offs.

It just so happens, their respective opponents are at the bottom-end of the table, Swinton, Keighley and Barrow all fighting to stay up.

Whitehaven are also desperate to win their last game.

4 do-or-die, blood-and-guts games.

In all my years of following Barrow (which is a lot...) I can't ever recall it being so tight going into the last weekend, after 27 games played since February.

Whitehaven or Swinton or Keighley will probably going down to League 1 on a few points difference. Sport can be cruel.

Hoping, praying and expecting that Barrow will be safe by 5pm Saturday.

It's more exciting then SL this year.

• Like 2