Moody makes it 22-19. 49ers Mahomes has 4 downs.

Edited by Irish Saint

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

He started the season as a Jet how fitting 🤣

Edited by Irish Saint

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

I dozed off just before the Chiefs started their comeback. They can thank me in their own good time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everyone else on social media is doing it, so I had a go too.

r9AHg8v.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, JonM said:

I'm in California - finding it a tough watch as a non fan, so many stoppages and adverts. Funny to think what an RL commentator would make of a game with so many penalties, dropped ball costing the first TD, scoreless first period and so on.

They are very different games and it certainly can be frustrating when defences are on top and there are very regular changes of possession. When a team is on a decent drive, it flows quite well.

Again, it's what you're used to. A lot of British fans will scoff at it, but don't have the same problem with a slow game like cricket. It's about expectations. If you're watching with people, it allows you to chat etc over a longer period of time and dip in and out.

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Again, it's what you're used to. A lot of British fans will scoff at it, but don't have the same problem with a slow game like cricket. It's about expectations. If you're watching with people, it allows you to chat etc over a longer period of time and dip in and out.

Yes, I was at a party, and the to comparison with cricket is a good one - people very much were dipping in and out, until the fourth quarter and overtime.

I suspect watching in the UK you probably don't get the full set of advert interruptions they have here - really quite jarring to cut away to an advert say for a politician less than a second after the player has run over the sideline.

I'm staying a couple of minutes from the 49ers stadium, which is about 60km out from San Francisco, in silicon valley. The next event is a golf day in April!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

They are very different games and it certainly can be frustrating when defences are on top and there are very regular changes of possession. When a team is on a decent drive, it flows quite well.

The big difference with cricket is that it is supposed to be an all day game, NFL is supposed to be 60 minutes long.

19 minutes ago, Click said:

NFL is supposed to be 60 minutes long.

It's not though. Nor is basketball where it is accepted that the final minute of the match can take half an hour to get through. Clock management is built into both.

Whether you like that or not is irrelevant - that's how the game is constructed and how the tactics around it are built.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)