The 2024 Squad

Crown Flatter

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I would like a moderator to transfer the comments above to a new thread and keep only player announcements here, as was done last year.

And maybe unpin the 2023 thread?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I would like a moderator to transfer the comments above to a new thread and keep only player announcements here, as was done last year.

If you would like to start a factual squad info thread... I will pin it and ensure it stays on thread! 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, STEVE P said:

It's great that some of those who you may have expected to attract the attention of more monied clubs are re signing.

Shows a confidence in Fergy from those closest to him.

Yep. We got them signed up before Fev discovered they will be in the Championship again next year.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

58 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yep. We got them signed up before Fev discovered they will be in the Championship again next year.

On the other side... If Fev had gone up I was expecting Fergie to use his contacts to secure the services of some of the Fev players who either couldn't or wouldn't go full time!!  We need a hooker and a half back ... thought Wildie and Chisholm might have been contenders.

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

On the other side... If Fev had gone up I was expecting Fergie to use his contacts to secure the services of some of the Fev players who either couldn't or wouldn't go full time!!  We need a hooker and a half back ... thought Wildie and Chisholm might have been contenders.

💰💰

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I suspect a few Fev players may be on the move. 

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I suspect a few Fev players may be on the move. 

Lockwood retiring apparently 

I'd go after Davies 

I know we're desperate for a halfback🤔

And I still wouldn't have J Ford

Look into Riley Dean at Warrington who seems to have dropped of the planet. 

I suppose having played there, Dale will have some mates looking for new jobs 🤔

With Butterworth leaving we will need a new captain, who do you reckon?

As I think we’ll see a lot next season, friendships will be a big part of the team selections - I don’t think that’s a good thing at all but it always happens when somebody from the changing room gets the top job.

And so with Dale Ferguson in charge I can’t see passed it being Jimmy Beckett being made captain. Ferguson and Beckett are best mates, who work in the day together and go out together - so I think it’s nailed on from that alone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

As I think we’ll see a lot next season, friendships will be a big part of the team selections - I don’t think that’s a good thing at all but it always happens when somebody from the changing room gets the top job.

And so with Dale Ferguson in charge I can’t see passed it being Jimmy Beckett being made captain. Ferguson and Beckett are best mates, who work in the day together and go out together - so I think it’s nailed on from that alone.

Not much wrong with that Jimmy Beckett.. is a leader!! a prop that can do 80 mins... leading from the front... and has a bit of attitude and self awareness!! .. gets my vote!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

We only have 11 players signed up. Don't you think it is a bit early to be picking the captain?

On 17/10/2023 at 20:38, Crown Flatter said:

Reiss Butterworth has signed for Hull Kingston Rovers on a one year deal with a second on the cards if HKR wish to take up the option.

He'll be 3rd choice, next season is Matt Parcells last so reckon they are lining him up for 2025. Hopefully for Reiss he makes the squad for next season but we might see him back on loan, who knows. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

He'll be 3rd choice, next season is Matt Parcells last so reckon they are lining him up for 2025. Hopefully for Reiss he makes the squad for next season but we might see him back on loan, who knows. 

What people fail to realise it costs money, bringing in full time players on loan their wages have to be covered, so if a player is brought in for a month (4 weeks) and his wage is £700 a week, that's £2800 a month shelled out for a 4 game block.. Is that money really well spent, think on dual registration you only pay half of his wage, I would love to see Reiss train with Hull KR and back at our place, but remember these factors above. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coolie said:

What people fail to realise it costs money, bringing in full time players on loan their wages have to be covered, so if a player is brought in for a month (4 weeks) and his wage is £700 a week, that's £2800 a month shelled out for a 4 game block.. Is that money really well spent, think on dual registration you only pay half of his wage, I would love to see Reiss train with Hull KR and back at our place, but remember these factors above. 

There is no hard and fast rule. Occasionally we have had players on loan and have paid the same as our regular match fee to the loaning club; on others we have been charged a much higher fee. It all depends upon the loaning club, how friendly they are towards us and how greedy they may be. As an example we did have very good agreements with HKR in the past, but that was under different ownership and team management - what it might be nowadays is anyone's guess. Another example is a club that was notoriously greedy when discussing loans but, as they will be in our league next season, the issue won't arise. No names, of course!

3 hours ago, coolie said:

That's not actually true - wages can be split in any proportion between the 2 clubs involved for both loans and DR.