Jarrod Sammut

Bring back GB

Totally agree with ghost of uncle fester.  He made games exciting to watch and frustrating at the same time.  He has won us games with either a pass or off the cuff play so many times. How many tries last season did he set up for just Stack, without out the others and his own.  On his day a joy to watch and although it is time for him to leave I feel , I will be sad but am also very glad I got to watch him week in week out.

Edited by Ulverstonian
  • Like 1

My thoughts are that he is being a bit selfish,if our Championship place was secured I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

I know the odds are stacked against us going down but sport throws anomalies up every now and again.

Has he trained with the team this week? what if he gets injured?what about the person having to take his place if he doesn’t make it? 

He has given no thought to the coach or his team mates in this decision,personally I wouldn’t pick him.

Goodbye Jarrod thanks for your efforts,I have enjoyed watching you but this leaves a sour taste,let’s hope it’s not too sour🤞🏻

• Like 3

He's not had the individual flair this season, more a team-player, but has made numerous final passes and short kicks for scores, more than any other player. Plus his high up and unders have been very positive. We were spoilt last year with him, Hakim and Tee providing such great entertainment, which sadly has been lacking this year. Would love us to recruit a new speedster for next year. Is Bill Burgess available?

• Like 2

"With questions swirling around regarding Jarrod Sammut's club commitments this weekend where his Barrow Raiders face York City Knights on Sunday afternoon, Jarrod confirmed he intended to play back-to-back on Saturday in Malta and Sunday in England.

"Jarrod said, ''our last game of the season with Barrow Raiders this Sunday, so I'll play Saturday for my family and my heritage with Malta, and then I'll fly out first thing Sunday morning, it gets me back in time to warm up and get set ready to do battle in our last game of the season against York''.

quote from sammut fair play if he does that. 

Just because Jarrod is named in The Barrow 21 for Sunday's game does not mean that he is likely to play against York, particularly if he plays for Malta today. Lots of teams all season have been naming players in their 21 that are injured or unavailable - usually when they are short of numbers.  Personally I cant see him playing on Sunday in the final 17/18.

• Like 1

He'll be cutting it fine. Checking on my Flightradar app, I don't see any plausible flights listed to England on Sunday morning that work timewise. 

The early flights all seem to be London. Even then, they don't land till 9:45. 

Getting up here from there in time for 15:00 seems a bit fanciful to me.

• Like 1

I heard today we are down to only 17 fit players for tomorrow.  It feels awful but Haven have just lost and we all know what that means, I can't believe I wanted a French team to win but I can ask for forgiveness in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SJD said:

I heard today we are down to only 17 fit players for tomorrow.  It feels awful but Haven have just lost and we all know what that means, I can't believe I wanted a French team to win but I can ask for forgiveness in the morning.

Where has "only 17 fit" come from bud?

15 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

Where has "only 17 fit" come from bud?

From a very reliable "source".  Until 15mins ago I hoped he was wrong but now it's not important. 

It looked like Cresta was going to do a Bobby Goulding and pull on the shirt just one more time.

Edited by SJD
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Safe now. I personally think the stick Sammut has got this season has been ridiculous. Helped us to 4th last year with magic moments, tries the same stuff this year he gets bashed for trying. 

Anyone with a rugby league brain can see all the oppositions defensive efforts are focused on reducing Sammuts influence  on the game. Particularly in the first half of the season our backs weren't taking advantage of the space he created. 

In terms of value for money this year he probably hasn't stacked up but if any supporter doesn't think he has overall had a great impact to our club they're mental.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Safe now. I personally think the stick Sammut has got this season has been ridiculous. Helped us to 4th last year with magic moments, tries the same stuff this year he gets bashed for trying. 

Anyone with a rugby league brain can see all the oppositions defensive efforts are focused on reducing Sammuts influence  on the game. Particularly in the first half of the season our backs weren't taking advantage of the space he created. 

In terms of value for money this year he probably hasn't stacked up but if any supporter doesn't think he has overall had a great impact to our club they're mental.

People are fickle,, jarrod is at the end of hes career. He deserves respect

• Like 6