RogerT

Ideally we'd be bringing in players who've had experience of SL but young enough to kick us on and a bit of older head or players who have stood out in other championship sides. But be quick! We get beaten to everything and we know about leavers, one's all over fb....

21 minutes ago, phildog said:

Ideally we'd be bringing in players who've had experience of SL but young enough to kick us on and a bit of older head or players who have stood out in other championship sides. But be quick! We get beaten to everything and we know about leavers, one's all over fb....

Oldest rumour in the town the one announced 

43 minutes ago, phildog said:

Any names for example?

Somebody should have DD and it's often fans from other clubs who give us them!! YES, I go on like this every year because it happens every year. Every year we see good candidates go elsewhere, even to lower clubs, so being a successful side clearly has no attraction, so we're then left, more often than not, we have had gems, scratching around to bring in players who'll 'do', or players to develop who then move on instead of benefitting us with their improvement. There's those on here who question us having the right to be a good side year on year but why not? We can't afford to become a struggling outfit as what happens is you start to rely on there being 2 teams worse than you, if not you're down amongst the dead men and even down there there are teams beating us in the finance stakes.

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Somebody should have DD and it's often fans from other clubs who give us them!! YES, I go on like this every year because it happens every year. Every year we see good candidates go elsewhere, even to lower clubs, so being a successful side clearly has no attraction, so we're then left, more often than not, we have had gems, scratching around to bring in players who'll 'do', or players to develop who then move on instead of benefitting us with their improvement. There's those on here who question us having the right to be a good side year on year but why not? We can't afford to become a struggling outfit as what happens is you start to rely on there being 2 teams worse than you, if not you're down amongst the dead men and even down there there are teams beating us in the finance stakes.

As you've mentioned we have been a successful side by operating the way we have, so if that suits the club, then who are we to complain.  Another relatively successful season in the bank this year.  Lets see how we get on next year.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 21:43, RogerT said:

Rumour as it two of my Like to see have signed on.

As I said rumoured Manning and Flynn.

Would agree, I asked! Meadows, Kear also, same way! Wardy's dad says he expects to be following Batley next year. I think though that players shouldn't feel compelled to re-sign out of a sense of duty, of owing, if deep down they don't think they can bring anything more than what they've given up to now. That should have been an uncomfortable conversation between Mokko and a couple or 3 as I expect him to want to begin his own dynasty and get away from the ageing squad tag. 

• Like 1

So are the fans BB but players can't go on forever, we have to have improvement in them as there are lots of teams daily popping out signings to improve and move forward. We know they've all played out of their skins in 21 n 22 and to reach Wembley in 23 but since Wembley it seems that the limits have been reached with some, they've given everything they had.

I agree the lack of pace in the backs is obvious and the lack of a natural halfback that's guides us round the pitch . We lost a centre a fullback and a winger a prop too if Riley goes. The pack is old now and fresh legs needed showed early and end of season .woods as to.improve alot on last season and please someone tell meadows show go works but not when you do it everyother set 

Luke Cooper has been announced as leaving Fev at the end of this season. I guess Doncaster is his likely destination given he's been on loan with them for much of the year but he'd be a great fit at Batley, local lad, good quality Championship player with over 150 games at Fev, a proper team player and really popular with the fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Luke Cooper has been announced as leaving Fev at the end of this season. I guess Doncaster is his likely destination given he's been on loan with them for much of the year but he'd be a great fit at Batley, local lad, good quality Championship player with over 150 games at Fev, a proper team player and really popular with the fans.

Assuming Fev do get promoted I would guess there are 2 0r 3 Fev players who would be more than welcome at the Mount.But how would Batley's wage offer compare to what they are on at Fev.Even Fev's fringe players would probably walk into most Championship sides.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I’ve heard he’s been linked with us 

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Was genuinely just speculating about this, but it does make a lot of sense, good signing for Batley.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1