2024 Transfer Tracker

36 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

You do know he’s not that rich? He owns a business on fev industrial estate not a chain of big businesses, he’s prob got less money than Campbell and clough at fev. He’s just taking over a club that is already at a good advantage. He will put money in this year but if they go up he won’t have too and probably won’t. 

We will have to see what happens 

Up the Trin 

32 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What squad? We haven’t officially announced a squad yet.

Up the Trin 

I’ve nothing against wakey my 2nd fav club. (Barring Batley of course) Just going off what we do know so far. 

Edited by Rovers13

1 hour ago, Rovers13 said:

You do know he’s not that rich? He owns a business on fev industrial estate not a chain of big businesses, he’s prob got less money than Campbell and clough at fev. He’s just taking over a club that is already at a good advantage. He will put money in this year but if they go up he won’t have too and probably won’t. 

To be fair, as far as I know Ellis is very rich.  Regardless of where his businesses is based a quick look on companies House shows it making £54 million profit last year.

It's a national and highly successful company.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

To be fair, as far as I know Ellis is very rich.  Regardless of where his businesses is based a quick look on companies House shows it making £54 million profit last year.

It's a national and highly successful company.

It’s not just his business though. According to Google His business is worth 100m that’s assets. So how much free cash he will have I’ve no idea,But he isn’t exactly signing players at the moment or a good coach to say to me he’s loaded lol. 

Edited by Rovers13

6 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s not just his business though. According to Google His business is worth 100m that’s assets. So how much free cash he will have I’ve no idea,But he isn’t exactly signing players at the moment or a good coach to say to me he’s loaded lol. 

True mate, it doesn't neccesarily represent acceptable cash.  Agree he doesn't look to be splashing the cash on the squad at the moment but I think that will come.  In fact if you happen to read this Mr Ellis, there's a lad called Jacob Miller, who you could bring home 🙏

I think it's probably still just about the strongest squad I'm the championship.  I reckon we will see a fair few SL loanees joining once the season kicks off too.

9 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

True mate, it doesn't neccesarily represent acceptable cash.  Agree he doesn't look to be splashing the cash on the squad at the moment but I think that will come.  In fact if you happen to read this Mr Ellis, there's a lad called Jacob Miller, who you could bring home 🙏

I think it's probably still just about the strongest squad I'm the championship.  I reckon we will see a fair few SL loanees joining once the season kicks off too.

You could well be right once the squad is fully built but I’m just going off what I know now tbh. And if they’re bringing miller back he won’t be best half in champ anyway. Plus they’ve still got gale who is terrible and didn’t have one good game for keighley. The champ is a very competitive league and hard to get out of unless you do a Leigh which wakey are not doing yet. Luckily for wakey on field won’t matter too much unless Toulouse finish above them then it would be interesting. 

Edited by Rovers13

39 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

You could well be right once the squad is fully built but I’m just going off what I know now tbh. And if they’re bringing miller back he won’t be best half in champ anyway. Plus they’ve still got gale who is terrible and didn’t have one good game for keighley. The champ is a very competitive league and hard to get out of unless you do a Leigh which wakey are not doing yet. Luckily for wakey on field won’t matter too much unless Toulouse finish above them then it would be interesting. 

Haha I know regards Miller, as a Cas fan, I just wish they (or anyone else) would take him!

I think as much as it can be a tough league, there's almost a case of you dont need to start the season with a really strong squad, you can pick up so many players mid season through loans ect!  I expect to see some of the likes of Ryan Hampshire, Sam Eseh (back on loan), Elliot Wallis, Richie Myler, Adam Milner, Hugo Salabio, Olpherts and similar, who are all based locally and will go well in the championship join on loan mid season.

Alongside maybe a high profile NRL signing or two.

Edited by Gates1

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Haha I know regards Miller, as a Cas fan, I just wish they (or anyone else) would take him!

I think as much as it can be a tough league, there's almost a case of you dont need to start the season with a really strong squad, you can pick up so many players mid season through loans ect!  I expect to see some of the likes of Ryan Hampshire, Sam Eseh (back on loan), Elliot Wallis, Richie Myler, Adam Milner, Hugo Salabio, Olpherts and similar, who are all based local and will go well in the championship join on loan mid season.

You could well be right but those names above wouldn’t put fear into many champ clubs tbf lol. The champ is a lot better than most people think some quality players in champ through out most clubs even teams like Batley fax who didn’t make the play offs this season have some quality players. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

You could well be right but those names above wouldn’t put fear into many champ clubs tbf lol. The champ is a lot better than most people think some quality players in champ through out most clubs even teams like Batley fax who didn’t make the play offs this season have some quality players. 

I know there's some good players in the champ (we've signed 2 Batley players so I sure hope so) but I think the type of players I've mentioned would be pretty effective to be fair. 

Add 4 or 5 of those type of players and NRL signing ti the Wakey squad with the likes of Jowitt, Lino, Mgilvarey (has he signed?), Griffin, Lachlan Walmsley and I'd back them to take the comp.

Edited by Gates1

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

I know there's some good players in the champ (we've signed 2 Batley players so I sure hope so) but I think the type of players I've mentioned would be pretty effective to be fair. 

Add 4 or 5 of those type of players and NRL signing ti the Wakey squad with the likes of Jowitt, Lino, Mgilvarey (has he signed?), Griffin, Lachlan Walmsley and I'd back them to take the comp.

It’s all ifs and buts at this stage tbf, but they have a poor coach too, massively over rated is DP, and Aston at eagles as had his number for years. 

13 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

I think as much as it can be a tough league, there's almost a case of you dont need to start the season with a really strong squad, you can pick up so many players mid season through loans ect!  I expect to see some of the likes of Ryan Hampshire, Sam Eseh (back on loan), Elliot Wallis, Richie Myler, Adam Milner, Hugo Salabio, Olpherts and similar, who are all based locally and will go well in the championship join on loan mid season.

You’re probably not far wrong regards the squad, I expect funds will be channeled on off field IMG criteria making sure all boxes are ticked that we possibly can tick.  Investing in things LED advertising boards etc gaining as many img points as possible.  Regarding Miller he’s got 2 years left on a very lucrative contract he’s not going anywhere.  You should have done what we did, gone down and get rid of unwanted high earners.

Up the Trin 

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s all ifs and buts at this stage tbf, but they have a poor coach too, massively over rated is DP, and Aston at eagles as had his number for years. 

I'd disagree on the coach mate, his first 3 years at Cas were beyond belief with the situation he came into abd the resources he had.  Even his last year at Cas was comparable extreme good to what his predecessors could acheive.  Wire was never the right move for him imo.

Just now, Gates1 said:

I'd disagree on the coach mate, his first 3 years at Cas were beyond belief with the situation he came into abd the resources he had.  Even his last year at Cas was comparable extreme good to what his predecessors could acheive.  Wire was never the right move for him imo.

He’s ok getting best out of average players, as we’ve seen with good players he’s clueless. 

6 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

You’re probably not far wrong regards the squad, I expect funds will be channeled on off field IMG criteria making sure all boxes are ticked that we possibly can tick.  Investing in things LED advertising boards etc gaining as many img points as possible.  Regarding Miller he’s got 2 years left on a very lucrative contract he’s not going anywhere.  You should have done what we did, gone down and get rid of unwanted high earners.

Up the Trin 

Cas couldn't to go down, slightly different situation to you guys.

To be fair I'll credit the board with doing a decent job of getting rid of the poor high earners, some were out of contract anyway, but the likes of Edwards and Widdop to go.  Just Vete and Miller left, I can see Vete going at some point but unfortunately I think your right about Miller.

old mate of mine came up with a rumour i had not heard before. maybe it's true or maybe it was the 5th pint i don't know but here it is.

Danny ward coach consultant at London broncos which sounded more like director of rugby but with on field input when he told it. 

it would certainly help the inexperienced coach they have .

36 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

old mate of mine came up with a rumour i had not heard before. maybe it's true or maybe it was the 5th pint i don't know but here it is.

Danny ward coach consultant at London broncos which sounded more like director of rugby but with on field input when he told it. 

Is he still living in London? Wasn't he at Rosslyn Park pre Cas?

14 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Craig Hall from Featherstone to Doncaster.

Great signing for donny, he always gives his all pardon the pun, he won’t let donny down at all. Wouldn’t have minded if we kept him tbh. But at 36 can see why we didn’t.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

Wouldn't be suprise me at all, family are all settled down south and he wants to work in rugby league, no brainer if the roles available.

11 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Wouldn't be suprise me at all, family are all settled down south and he wants to work in rugby league, no brainer if the roles available.

Although not really sure what experience Ward has that Eccles doesn't. A season in super League and relegation?

4 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s no coincidence lovegrove went to London and they improved, keighley made a bad decision their. 

Now gone to Hull KR. 

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Although not really sure what experience Ward has that Eccles doesn't. A season in super League and relegation?

Eccles has done an amazing job so far.

Ward brings more general rugby experience as a good former player and SL coach.  Probably has more contacts too.  I think in terms of the relegation season, with the budget and team he had, he did well to get so close to avoiding it.

I'd imagine he'd be their to support Eccles, pick up some of the workload and put an experienced (player wise) set of eyes on things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

a number of seasons building London up and restarting there very good academy and junior set up.  add that to a good record with London and also that Eccles said he did not want the job on a permanent basis although i think if part of a team such as ward hard with jamie Langley he would thrive