2024 Transfer Tracker

18 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

You do know he’s not that rich? He owns a business on fev industrial estate not a chain of big businesses, he’s prob got less money than Campbell and clough at fev. He’s just taking over a club that is already at a good advantage. He will put money in this year but if they go up he won’t have too and probably won’t. 

Also got two enormous sites in South Kirkby and another 10 across Yorkshire. His business is massive.  A quick look at companies house suggests he'll be worth more than MC, Clough and Degsy combined. Wakey will be well cashed up, I'm not expecting much joy from our two derbies this year.  

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Also got two enormous sites in South Kirkby and another 10 across Yorkshire. His business is massive.  A quick look at companies house suggests he'll be worth more than MC, Clough and Degsy combined. Wakey will be well cashed up, I'm not expecting much joy from our two derbies this year.  

Well makes no dif anyway if they win league by 50 or finish 10th lol, but from what I’ve seen he isn’t as rich as folk think, but i will believe you too as he’s obviously got some money how much no one will ever know tbh. 

Transfer Tracker thread, not how much brass has the potential new Wakey owner got thread. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 22/10/2023 at 13:07, Rovers13 said:

It’s not just his business though. According to Google His business is worth 100m that’s assets. So how much free cash he will have I’ve no idea,But he isn’t exactly signing players at the moment or a good coach to say to me he’s loaded lol. 

Thats because her has not officially taken over the club yet. Yes its going through but not finalised just announced today Applegarth gone so I expect its all done but to be announced imminently.

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Am sure we can all agree that Wigan needed another forward! 

You can never have enough big props. Only 20 and 6' 4" with real size he fits the mould of the sort of big forward that Wigan look for when signing youngsters.

Edited by Damien

Hoped we might have convinced Sam Eseh to stick with us for at least one more season but pleased that he opted for Wigan, following weeks of hearing he was nailed on going to Saints.  Similar scenario to Lewis Murphy last year.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Wigans Props next year:

Liam Byrne

Mike Cooper

Kaide Ellis

Tyler Dupree

Patrick Mago

Ethan Havard

Harvie Hill

Sam Walters

Tiaki Chan

Sam Eseh

Luke Thompson

Such an absurd amount of really good props, I can’t imagine how they fit these guys into the team. A few of them will have to go on loan, someone will likely fill in at 13 if Smithies leaves and a few of them may have to switch to the back row.

As a roosters fan when we only have 4 props in the entire squad I am very jealous.

Edited by NRLandSL

It does feel weird Wigan signing all these props. For years Wigan fans have bemoaned the lack of recruitment in this area and the lack of size and lack of go forward that has been evidentvat times. We then decide to do about 5 years of prop recruitment in a couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Damien said:

You can never have enough big props. Only 20 and 6' 4" with real size he fits the mould of the sort of big forward that Wigan look for when signing youngsters.

You can, if you have more than you need. But Radlinski and Peet have got more right than not in the last couple of years, so can easily trust them to manage the squad well. 

42 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Wigans Props next year:

Liam Byrne

Mike Cooper

Kaide Ellis

Tyler Dupree

Patrick Mago

Ethan Havard

Harvie Hill

Sam Walters

Tiaki Chan

Sam Eseh

Luke Thompson

Such an absurd amount of really good props, I can’t imagine how they fit these guys into the team. A few of them will have to go on loan, someone will likely fill in at 13 if Smithies leaves and a few of them may have to switch to the back row.

As a roosters fan when we only have 4 props in the entire squad I am very jealous.

I’d imagine Thompson or Ellis will play 13 and I could see Hill being loaned out for the season. Walters has been signed to play second row. I reckon they’ll want to keep Eseh close to the club and get him used to the place and work on him physically but he’ll go out on DR and in shorter loan spells. Tiaki Chan I could see competing to play in the second row and will again probably head out on DR and shorter loans.

All that will leave Thompson/Ellis (whoever isn’t at loose) Dupree, Havard, Byrne, Mago and an injured Mike Cooper as frontline props, so it looks a lot on paper but week to week, it’s probably going to be 5 players for 4 spots until Cooper is back and 6 for 4 when he’s back (presuming nobody goes down in the meantime). 

Quite a bit of this recruitment looks to have been done with an eye on 2025, when Cooper is likely to be retired and they have the option to release Mago. At that point, I expect Hill and Eseh will move up a spot. 

• Like 4