2024 Transfer Tracker

7 hours ago, WN83 said:

I’d imagine Thompson or Ellis will play 13 and I could see Hill being loaned out for the season. Walters has been signed to play second row. I reckon they’ll want to keep Eseh close to the club and get him used to the place and work on him physically but he’ll go out on DR and in shorter loan spells. Tiaki Chan I could see competing to play in the second row and will again probably head out on DR and shorter loans.

All that will leave Thompson/Ellis (whoever isn’t at loose) Dupree, Havard, Byrne, Mago and an injured Mike Cooper as frontline props, so it looks a lot on paper but week to week, it’s probably going to be 5 players for 4 spots until Cooper is back and 6 for 4 when he’s back (presuming nobody goes down in the meantime). 

Quite a bit of this recruitment looks to have been done with an eye on 2025, when Cooper is likely to be retired and they have the option to release Mago. At that point, I expect Hill and Eseh will move up a spot. 

I really rate Harvie Hill, hopefully he gets loaned out to another super league club and plays every week. 

1 minute ago, rhinos78 said:

Excellent recruitment by Wigan, love what they have done with their forwards, big, young, athletic, non quota lads everywhere.

it really does look superb work.

15 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Wigans Props next year:

Liam Byrne

Mike Cooper

Kaide Ellis

Tyler Dupree

Patrick Mago

Ethan Havard

Harvie Hill

Sam Walters

Tiaki Chan

Sam Eseh

Luke Thompson

Such an absurd amount of really good props, I can’t imagine how they fit these guys into the team. A few of them will have to go on loan, someone will likely fill in at 13 if Smithies leaves and a few of them may have to switch to the back row.

As a roosters fan when we only have 4 props in the entire squad I am very jealous.

Add Farrell, Shorrocks, Isa and Smithies. And inevitably there will be some lads at Academy level on the cusp. 

Astonishing.

2 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Add Farrell, Shorrocks, Isa and Smithies. And inevitably there will be some lads at Academy level on the cusp. 

Astonishing.

Hill was decent during his spell at the Broncos. Looks to have something about him.

5 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Astonishing.

Smithies is going to the NRL, Shorrocks I can't see being at Wigan for much longer with the signings they've made and next year probably the last for Isa & Farrell.

Swinton's signings so far

Jack Houghton & Matty Fletcher - NWC

Cole Oakley _ Halifax

Daniel Spencer Tonks - Whitehaven

Dec Patton - Bradford 

Matty Chrimes - Sheffield

Jack Stevens - Salford Academy 

• Like 2

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Astonishing.

There's Harvey Makin in the reserves. On the cusp as said and has been named in the 21 by Peet for a few games. A good lad!

Cooper won't start the season with Byrne and Havard also ending the season injured. Was suggested Eseh might be loaned to Wakey for a year. Chan and Hill may go on loan. Never the less some top signings by Wigan both for now and the future.

3 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Even bigger...

Fuifui Moimoi's big brother? 😉

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I wouldn't mind having Shorrocks back at Leigh

It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Leigh but for me it's a complete waste. Isn't Asiata an 80 minute player? Shorrocks isn't a second rower and needs to go to a club where he can play at 13 and really show what he's capable of.

He's a really talented player but his versatility is more a curse than a blessing.

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

That Wigan list of forwards is fantastic. In comparison Solly have a miserly three props-one being Singleton and the other The King V of penalties. All we need now is the Pies acquiring Regan Grace.

I wouldn't want him.

Cade Cust to leave Wigan. Its a pity the way it worked out for him at Wigan. Before his injury in the Challenge Cup final last season, which then resulted in a long lay off, I thought he was really influential for us and was one of the better players last season. He then suffered another injury early this year, which he tried to play with, and was out for a while this season due to that and then couldn't get his place back as the team had hit a good run of form.

He's a pretty great club man and influence too and would be a good pick up for someone:

Edited by Damien

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

Cade Cust to leave Wigan. Its a pity the way it worked out for him at Wigan. Before his injury in the Challenge Cup final last season, which then resulted in a long lay off, I thought he was really influential for us and was one of the better players last season. He then suffered another injury early this year, which he tried to play with, and was out for a while this season due to that and then couldn't get his place back as the team had hit a good run of form.

He's a pretty great club man and influence too and would be a good pick up for someone:

Think he's Salford bound, will be a good signing for them as he can cover 6 and 9.

Swinton have signed MIkey Wood from Sheffield, think he has been at Bradford, Hunslet and Sheffield previously, we seem to be trumpeting him as a big signing if anyone has any opinions on him from previous clubs?

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

14 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Leigh but for me it's a complete waste. Isn't Asiata an 80 minute player? Shorrocks isn't a second rower and needs to go to a club where he can play at 13 and really show what he's capable of.

He's a really talented player but his versatility is more a curse than a blessing.

Asiata was played as an 80 min player last year, but that was more through a lack of depth than choice(same with Amone and Mulhern). Shorrocks for me would be good for us off the bench to rotate Asiata and 2nd row