BISSA Bulldog outbound - Josh Rourke

Batley Bob

With hindsight wouldn't have been an incentive to say with your Wembley ticket if you take up a season ticket there is a discount on it, yes I know that there are regular season ticket holders me included but I wouldn't take a discount as I'm a concession through age.

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2023 at 20:04, RogerT said:

WOW, now don't be going and upsetting phildog and Toffeedog.

the upset didn't last long.....

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• Batley Bob changed the title to BISSA Bulldog outbound - Josh Rourke

October 23rd. ..We can confirm the SIGNING.....with the help of BISSA ....so Rourke was under contract therefore, right or wrong outcome, surely we haven't just torn up his contract? Allow him to step up by all means but we're due something from London. If not, I'm disgusted in the actions of both clubs.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, phildog said:

October 23rd. ..We can confirm the SIGNING.....with the help of BISSA ....so Rourke was under contract therefore, right or wrong outcome, surely we haven't just torn up his contract? Allow him to step up by all means but we're due something from London. If not, I'm disgusted in the actions of both clubs.

Why would we be due something from London? 

I assume there was a clause in his contract, that allowed him to sign for a SL club if one offered to sign him, without the requirement to pay a transfer fee. Most championship players will have something similar in place. 

Santi, who was at Keighley, had a clause in his contract, that effectively made him a free agent if the coach left. The coach left/ was relieved of his duties, and shortly afterwards, Santi signed for York. I'm pretty sure no transfer fee was payable, as the clause said he could leave.

This isn't uncommon.

The exact same thing happened to Widnes with Dupree, (as previously brought to your attention). I think the only game he played for Widnes, was in the friendly against us.

Players with the talent and ambition to play at the highest level, are extremely unlikely to sign for anyone in the Championship without a release clause, or an extremely high contract, which, we, and most other Championship teams are unlikely to be able to afford.

The same clause was likely to be in Kibula's contract too. 

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 4

Kibula wasn't yet under contract, he was a free agent. Meadows the same, Hodson signed for Cas yet saw out his contract. Don't have a problem with those. What's happened here is that a player under contract has then been approached by another club, we have been good enough not to stand in his way but as I see it, if London wanted him they could have approached him at ANY time, he was OUR PLAYER, signed on the dotted line, that to me signifies a transfer; for which a payment should have been made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Kibula wasn't yet under contract, he was a free agent. Meadows the same, Hodson signed for Cas yet saw out his contract. Don't have a problem with those. What's happened here is that a player under contract has then been approached by another club, we have been good enough not to stand in his way but as I see it, if London wanted him they could have approached him at ANY time, he was OUR PLAYER, signed on the dotted line, that to me signifies a transfer; for which a payment should have been made.

I thought that Meadows thanked Batley Bulldogs for letting him go, which suggests that he had signed a contract.  This is me adding 2 and 2 and making 5 maybe, but that was my assumption.

Bill, you could be as right as any of us!! We have to assume, guess, suppose about everything that goes on as the Secret Service is just that....all secret and little service!!

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Out of curiosity, how do you know that we haven't received something from London for the transfer? Has it been confirmed anywhere that we haven't? I know it is unlikely we have received a transfer fee, but I'm not sure it is something the club would shout from the rooftops anyway? Unless I'm missing something.

1 hour ago, LINNERS said:

Out of curiosity, how do you know that we haven't received something from London for the transfer? Has it been confirmed anywhere that we haven't? I know it is unlikely we have received a transfer fee, but I'm not sure it is something the club would shout from the rooftops anyway? Unless I'm missing something.

You aren't missing anything. It's business, the business of running the club. Not every single detail needs to be published, and I still don't understand why it's expected to be. 

• Like 2

Meadows, Kibula & Rourke were all signed for 2024 season but all had a release clause for no transfer fee if got a Full time contract with a SL Club. I have done a video about it. It is good for the players if they get a chance but puts our planning into disarray really so it is difficult. We are to blame for agreeing the clauses. In future we might take a different view and miss out on signing a player who insists on such a clause. It is a difficult one so maybe view it in future on a case by case basis.

There is no ill feeling as in a way we should be proud of a set up that helps develop players so they can get a FT contract and in some cases play for England.

Luke Hooley ,Josh Hodson, Samy Kibula, Jimmy Meadows, Josh Rourke, Sam Wood, Jack Broadbent, James Harrison, Tyler Dupree & Alex Walmsley to name but 10!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Meadows, Kibula & Rourke were all signed for 2024 season but all had a release clause for no transfer fee if got a Full time contract with a SL Club. I have done a video about it. It is good for the players if they get a chance but puts our planning into disarray really so it is difficult. We are to blame for agreeing the clauses. In future we might take a different view and miss out on signing a player who insists on such a clause. It is a difficult one so maybe view it in future on a case by case basis.

There is no ill feeling as in a way we should be proud of a set up that helps develop players so they can get a FT contract and in some cases play for England.

Luke Hooley ,Josh Hodson, Samy Kibula, Jimmy Meadows, Josh Rourke, Sam Wood, Jack Broadbent, James Harrison, Tyler Dupree & Alex Walmsley to name but 10!!

IMG_0583.JPG