Have Haven won the lottery

Clarkey

Last season was bad enough but to find themselves in that same position before the league has even started after signing a load of overseas players is the definition of madness.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, blue forever said:

Or house them adequately.....

If you believe their forum 6 of them in one flat with a leaky roof 😂.

If all this is true about lack of cash you would think morally they would not bring players half way round the world to not pay them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Left Winger said:

If you believe their forum 6 of them in one flat with a leaky roof 😂.

If all this is true about lack of cash you would think morally they would not bring players half way round the world to not pay them. 

Morals and Whitehaven dont go together when you look at who they appointed club captain for this season.

• Like 4

Due to creditors not paying on time it seems, large amount paid back to the HMRC in the off-season which is good but only time will tell if lessons have been learned. I was optimistic about a good season however not so much now 🤣

Hopefully Barrow and Haven both have a good season in the champ but I'm not feeling too positive for either if the rumours of relegating 4 teams is true! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Due to creditors not paying on time it seems, large amount paid back to the HMRC in the off-season which is good but only time will tell if lessons have been learned. I was optimistic about a good season however not so much now 🤣

Hopefully Barrow and Haven both have a good season in the champ but I'm not feeling too positive for either if the rumours of relegating 4 teams is true! 

I don't think they'll relegated 4 teams in one season. Though it is the RFL and they have previous for this kind of thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

I don't think they'll relegated 4 teams in one season. Though it is the RFL and they have previous for this kind of thing. 

I'd like to think you're right, but I'd heard they're wanting to relegate 4, promote 2, which would then ( I think ) give 2 leagues of 10 below SL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'd like to think you're right, but I'd heard they're wanting to relegate 4, promote 2, which would then ( I think ) give 2 leagues of 10 below SL

Relegating 4 and promoting 2 would give you 12 teams in the champ and 11 in L1. I think that balance is correct and the right way to go, though I'm not sure relegating 4 in one season is fair. The RFL did say everyone would know what they were playing for before the season starts, so I'd expect some news probably next week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I've read somewhere that the changes to the structure will be from the 2026 season which makes more sense

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tec said:

Morals and Whitehaven dont go together when you look at who they appointed club captain for this season.

Shame on Whitehaven if this guy remains captain. Most Football and Rugby teams would have fired him, BUT they might be waiting for his sentencing on March 14th. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Shame on Whitehaven if this guy remains captain. Most Football and Rugby teams would have fired him, BUT they might be waiting for his sentencing on March 14th. 

What's the story here?

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 08:24, Neutralfan7 said:

Season 2025 if it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 07/03/2024 at 16:38, 2Cents said:

The club can acknowledge the sentencing of Dion Aiye following a recent court case. The club alongside Dion respect the decision of the judge and we will be making no further comment at this time

On 14/03/2024 at 17:15, barra fan said:

The club can acknowledge the sentencing of Dion Aiye following a recent court case. The club alongside Dion respect the decision of the judge and we will be making no further comment at this time

So the Haven board put out a non statement knowing they RFL would be implementing a ban is my take from this. Pretty desperate for them that they needed to play him last weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Left Winger said:

So the Haven board put out a non statement knowing they RFL would be implementing a ban is my take from this. Pretty desperate for them that they needed to play him last weekend. 

Should they just of stayed quiet and said nothing then? If they'd of stayed quiet they'd of been called for not making a statement so they couldn't win either way.

• Like 1

Just now, Neutralfan7 said:

Should they just of stayed quiet and said nothing then? If they'd of stayed quiet they'd of been called for not making a statement so they couldn't win either way.

Once he was found guilty they should have suspended him themselves not wait for the RFL to do it. I`d say the same if it was one of ours too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What he done was wrong, but to try and turn it to look bad for the club is just clutching at straws 😂

Received his punishment at court, stripped of the captaincy, docked wages and a 8 game ban, think it's been well handled by the club personally.

All entitled to opinions but you definitely wouldn't be saying it if was a barrow player.

25 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

What he done was wrong, but to try and turn it to look bad for the club is just clutching at straws 😂

Received his punishment at court, stripped of the captaincy, docked wages and a 8 game ban, think it's been well handled by the club personally.

All entitled to opinions but you definitely wouldn't be saying it if was a barrow player.

As a dad with daughters i most definitely would. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It certainly looked bad selecting him in the first game after he'd been sentenced. Very poor messaging.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

The club should have took the lead on this and stood him down from playing,not wait until the RFL ban came through.

In my opinion.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

The club should have took the lead on this and stood him down from playing,not wait until the RFL ban came through.

In my opinion.

Seems their board are blaming the coaching staff for playing him last week 🙄

• Like 1