The club has changed its name

Dave Naylor

1876? Mere ‘johnny ###### latelys’…….Hornets already had years of top class rugby behind them before you juniors put your toe in the water.

But enjoy the sesquicentennial (thats latin for a long time) celebrations….should you make it!  We might have to give it a miss…we will be busy planning our Bicentenary.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Good stuff. There has been a clear effort to move away from the identity of the “new” club and it being only 25 years old. 

I wonder if they’re considering changing the crest and losing the shield design, which looks poor on shirts and merchandise in my opinion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

I wonder if they’re considering changing the crest and losing the shield design, which looks poor on shirts and merchandise in my opinion.

As far as I know, I don't think there's an appetite for that at the moment.  At least it's not a priority.

I hate the blummin' rubbish (expletives resisted) shield thing.  It looks like a Sheriff's badge that fell off a nine-year-old's Aldi birthday card. 

Before it was introduced I was asked for my thoughts on what a new badge/logo should look like.  So I spilled out my thoughts in a document and the last line read something like:

"If you take the existing heraldic crest and simply plonk it on a shield with the words Oldham RLFC underneath it, I'll be the first in the line to campaign for it to be changed"

True to my word I've beaten the drum to get rid of it ever since.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...