Lord Derby Cup Draw

Thanks for the link, Gomersall.

I am mildly amused to see that the quirk of an open draw has thrown up a tie between the two Elite 1 teams who are, in fact, reserve sides - Toulouse Olympique Elite and St Esteve-XIII Catalans.

I am pleased to see that, where two teams from different levels of competition (e.g. Elite 1 and Elite 2) are drawn together in a cup pairing, the FFR is continuing with its practice of awarding the home ground advantage to the lower side, regardless of the order in which the two teams came out of the hat.  I would like to see this replicated in all rounds, up to and including the quarter-finals, of the challenge cup.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I am mildly amused to see that the quirk of an open draw has thrown up a tie between the two Elite 1 teams who are, in fact, reserve sides - Toulouse Olympique Elite and St Esteve-XIII Catalans.

I am pleased to see that, where two teams from different levels of competition (e.g. Elite 1 and Elite 2) are drawn together in a cup pairing, the FFR is continuing with its practice of awarding the home ground advantage to the lower side, regardless of the order in which the two teams came out of the hat.  I would like to see this replicated in all rounds, up to and including the quarter-finals, of the challenge cup.

Agree. It might inject some much needed interest into the Cup and some cash into the lower league teams. Controversially I’d get BetFred to handicap each Challenge Cup game and use them for the matches. We could see Keighley playing Wakey at Wembley. 😮

• 1 month later...

This weekend's Lord Derby Cup matches -

Today:

Villefranche v Carpentras

Tomorrow:

Palau v Villegailhenc

Ille v Tonneins

There are no Elite 1 or 2 matches this weekend and I can't find anything saying that any of the cup games are due to be streamed anywhere. It's a shame Villegailhenc aren't at home as they seem to be the only club outside Elite 1 who do stream their matches.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2023 at 21:44, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I'd prefer a system like the FA Cup in which league clubs hosting non league clubs (adapted to SL hosting non SL clubs) split the gate 50/50.

Either that or the RFL could collect gate receipts for all matches across the whole competition and distribute them in a fair way that can be agreed upon which helps out smaller clubs.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I think the villeghailanc v Albi will be on varl xiii YouTube channel, they use the same cameraman as Carcassonne now and he has everything needed to live stream, 

Would love to watch but the Socceroos are about thump Bahrain 10-0.

On 05/01/2024 at 16:52, Barley Mow said:

The next round of the Lord Derby Cup is this weekend. Fixtures here:

https://www.ffr13.fr/competitions/coupes-de-france/coupe-lord-derby/

I haven't seen any info on which (if any) will be streamed. Does anyone know?

Three matches tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm UK time.

https://treizemondial.fr/programme-tv-rugby-xiii/ 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

HT time TO 12 - Dragons 18

Good efforts from both

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

14 minutes ago, audois said:

HT time TO 12 - Dragons 18

Good efforts from both

After 50 mins  TO 18-18 Dragons

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Carcassonne currently 30:0 up against Pia.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, audois said:

After 50 mins  TO 18-18 Dragons

10 minutes to go TO 22-24 Dragons

Great stuff

Edited by audois

1 hour ago, audois said:

10 minutes to go TO 22-24 Dragons

Grate stuff

Won't it - by Dragons skipper Corentin Le Cam with a try in extra-time  30-34

Edited by audois