Superleague fixtures

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I am scratching my head trying to work out how this is going to work, as i was under the impression there would be staggered kick off times so no games clashed 

Thursday

Friday

Saturday 2

Sunday 2

I don't think that was ever stated. The cost to clubs of moving from desirable kick off times would probably be more than the revenue generated.

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

I don't think that was ever stated. 

Indeed. Nothing has ever been said - and it's still a lot TBA in the new year. It was all assumptions on here.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Mid season internationals?

The Confederacy of Lancashire versus the People's Republic of Yorkshire

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Mid season internationals?

There was a post by @ATLANTISMAN a few weeks ago saying that he had been told by officials at a few clubs that there was a France v England international scheduled for June.

That fits with what Sky have published (internationals 29th-30th June).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

So 2 weekly games on Sky TV, with the remaining 4 streamed online by both Sky and Our League (presumably via PPV or season pass) with no FTA.

Super League 2024 fixtures: Every match for the regular season, plus play-off and Grand Final dates | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

The wording is very ambiguous around those 4 games per week.

The remaining four matches of each round will be shown live on Sky Sports and Rugby League's own streaming platform 

That could be taken to read that all 6 matches will be on Sky Sports (TV) but 4 are also on OurLeague. Or it could mean that the 4 games are on a joint streaming platform. Or it could mean two streaming platforms. Who knows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I am scratching my head trying to work out how this is going to work, as i was under the impression there would be staggered kick off times so no games clashed 

Thursday

Friday

Saturday 2

Sunday 2

I think it is the same as the RU premiership in effect.

As ever, do bear in mind that Sky Sports counts both red button and its YouTube channels as being 'shown on Sky Sports'.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Indeed. Nothing has ever been said - and it's still a lot TBA in the new year. It was all assumptions on here.

Absolutely not - it wasn't stated either way.  As it stands they've cowered to the clubs again instead of making the most of that level of exposure each weekend

Clubs are a bit daft though aren't they - part of the IMG grading is TV views fancy putting in a system that automatically reduces those numbers

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Absolutely not - it wasn't stated either way.  As it stands they've cowered to the clubs again instead of making the most of that level of exposure each weekend

Clubs are a bit daft though aren't they - part of the IMG grading is TV views fancy putting in a system that automatically reduces those numbers

So you think they should schedule games to lose crowds rather than losing TV viewers?

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

So you think they should schedule games to lose crowds rather than losing TV viewers?

It is a conflict in the game (wider visibility versus doing the same old same old) and it has, evidently, been resolved to the satisfaction of the clubs.

20 minutes ago, M j M said:

If we want extra TV exposure by "televising" all games surely you'd want to maximise that exposure and monetise it for the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

As ever, do bear in mind that Sky Sports counts both red button and its YouTube channels as being 'shown on Sky Sports'.

Yes, I think Friday night red button could be at play here, something they tested around 15 to 20 years ago IIRC. 

I wouldn't be disappointed with that. 

Does YouTube allow for subscriptions for Sky, or would this become FTA? 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yes, I think Friday night red button could be at play here, something they tested around 15 to 20 years ago IIRC. 

I think it can but for other sports that I've seen Sky use it for (essentially NBA which they no longer have) it was free.

• Like 1

Just now, gingerjon said:

I think it can but for other sports that I've seen Sky use it for (essentially NBA which they no longer have) it was free.

As a Sky Sports subscriber, I'm ultimatrly interested in whether I can watch every SL game for my subscription. 

It seems to be quite difficult to get an answer to that doesn't it. 

• Like 1

I haven't scanned the whole season, but does this now mean we won't get rearranged games, or are we still likely to get that movement for peak Friday games etc? 

No-movable fixtures would be a real positive. 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I haven't scanned the whole season, but does this now mean we won't get rearranged games, or are we still likely to get that movement for peak Friday games etc? 

No-movable fixtures would be a real positive. 

That would be a positive - so I expect it not to be the case

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I hope it's better than the red button coverage of EFL Championship games that they show. Which is generally one camera, and no replays. 

At least we're less likely to have a cast of thousands on commentary.

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I hope it's better than the red button coverage of EFL Championship games that they show. Which is generally one camera, and no replays. 

At least we're less likely to have a cast of thousands on commentary.

Football lends itself better to that kind of coverage, but as we've got VR's it suggests the coverage should be better. Whether we'd get commentary, who knows? 

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

If we want extra TV exposure by "televising" all games surely you'd want to maximise that exposure and monetise it for the game. 

If this was televised widely then it would be a better case. When the games are online or on app only there is no serious reason to change to sub-optimal kick off times. We need to live in the real world sometimes.