Developments at Cas!

1 hour ago, Taffy Tiger said:

AFAIK Axiom have had approval by National Highways for upgrade , who lifted their objections and Wakefield Highways also have no objections to road improvements . This was the last hurdle that Axiom were facing and so PP should be approved early 2024  . This opens the way for Cas funding to be released for the upgrade . I think the only objection to Cas upgrade is from EA , and both Axiom and Cas are working closely with EA to find a solution . Once Axiom PP goes through then I would imagine Cas not to be too far behind . That said , I was also under the impression that our PP was going to be heard in January 2024 , so if you are saying that is not the case then we will have to wait and see . In effect PP could be given later in 2024 and still allow time for Cas to start work and to finish upgrade before end of 2026 season. Iirc Wakey's stand took about 18 months from start to finish . Cas may take longer due to flood issues , but should still be ok hopefully.

Yes, Highways Dept has been removed their objection from the Axiom development, but the Environment Agency objection for the stadium development has not - and it won't be without a proper concession from the developer.

So far the developer has done nothing more than bleat that the required changes will cost too much. The EA won't back down on that basis.

These separate planning applications HAVE to be submitted and heard together - both depend on the other, but the stadium application is not ready.

The applications are not on the agenda for future planning hearings - a legal requirement.

I hope for Cas it will happen, but it's not imminent, and when it is heard (and assuming a positive outcome), it will still be at least 36 months before someone sits in a seat.

Edited by dboy

1 hour ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Only my opinion but all the comments on this thread reinforce my thoughts that IMG system is ruining the game. We have someone willing to join the board of one of our superleague clubs and yet it is all about facilities, accounts and IMG points.

We all go to watch our teams play rugby league on the pitch but there is no talk about players or the future prospects of Cas.

Using new investment in the way you want is exactly the reason the games in the state it’s in!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dboy said:

Yes, Highways Dept has been removed their objection from the Axiom development, but the Environment Agency objection for the stadium development has not - and it won't be without a proper concession from the developer.

So far the developer has done nothing more than bleat that the required changes will cost too much. The EA won't back down on that basis.

These separate planning applications HAVE to be submitted and heard together - both depend on the other, but the stadium application is not ready.

The applications are not on the agenda for future planning hearings - a legal requirement.

I hope for Cas it will happen, but it's not imminent, and when it is heard (and assuming a positive outcome), it will still be at least 36 months before someone sits in a seat.

3 years sounds a long time after PP , but even if that is the case it shouldn't matter to Cas too much . The changes to the seating will hopefully get the extra point for the stadium . With the new investment we should be able to get the LED advertising and Big screen . The upgrade can take a little longer if necessary as it shouldn't be longer that 2 years once work starts , so as long as we can get Cat A before it starts we should be ok . I think the main thing will be to get PP . Once that happens there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can move forward. 

33 minutes ago, dboy said:

No points for getting PP.

Cas's problem is that there will be at least 12 clubs with bigger scores at the first IMG grading.

Hi dboy , I am generally pessamistic, but I'm not sure there will be 12 with higher scores than us . As things stand , we have 12.91 . With an extra point for the ground with temporary seating arrangements (if boxes ticked) , investment already in place for finance points for 2024 , not sure now many points that is though . If it's just 0.5 for the 7 figure investment , then there will also be extra finance points associated with that . It's bound to increase our balance sheet strength . Again not sure , but if this counts towards generated revenue outside of CF then that's a big plus for us as well . We then have big screen and LED advertising . Even if it's only 0.5 points for finance (all told I would hope it will be more) , plus 1 for ground plus 0.25 for screen and LED then that takes us from 12.91 to 14.66 points without even considering anything else . We will lose a little on performce if we don't get top 7 , or win CC, and at this stage both look unlikely . However Gratten has already highlighted points that should be easy to improve upon . The sky technical area is a couple of metres too small at the moment , but that is eay to rectify , and there is room for improvement with fandom/social media . With an average of 7.8k this season we would also get an extra 0.5 points , and as long as our average is more than 7.1k then we will score a little higher on utilisation . As things stand Cas are in a strong position to reach Cat A . Of course that can change , but I don't see another 12 teams reaching Cat A standard by the time the 2024 gradings come around. We will have to wait and see . 

(No points for PP , but this becomes irrelevant if we get the point for extra seats and VIP seating area )

Edited by Taffy Tiger

31 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

3 years sounds a long time after PP , but even if that is the case it shouldn't matter to Cas too much . The changes to the seating will hopefully get the extra point for the stadium . With the new investment we should be able to get the LED advertising and Big screen . The upgrade can take a little longer if necessary as it shouldn't be longer that 2 years once work starts , so as long as we can get Cat A before it starts we should be ok . I think the main thing will be to get PP . Once that happens there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can move forward. 

Axiom PP documentation assumes the industrial park will open sometime in 2026 - the plan is already one year behind schedule. Planning is almost a formality but the biggest issue is that they still do not have customers for the units. Until they do nothing will happen (see previous retail proposals) and I really can't see them coughing up any (S106) money till then. WMDC will almost certainly also be more cautious as they seem to have suddenly woken up and realised that the S106 money handed over for the Belle Vue re-development may not be 'protected' and yet again they may have failed the council tax payers of the district

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/politics/council/call-for-assurances-to-protect-ps6million-council-investment-in-wakefield-trinitys-belle-vue-stadium-revamp-4428604

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Axiom PP documentation assumes the industrial park will open sometime in 2026 - the plan is already one year behind schedule. Planning is almost a formality but the biggest issue is that they still do not have customers for the units. Until they do nothing will happen (see previous retail proposals) and I really can't see them coughing up any (S106) money till then. WMDC will almost certainly also be more cautious as they seem to have suddenly woken up and realised that the S106 money handed over for the Belle Vue re-development may not be 'protected' and yet again they may have failed the council tax payers of the district

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/politics/council/call-for-assurances-to-protect-ps6million-council-investment-in-wakefield-trinitys-belle-vue-stadium-revamp-4428604

Hi LTS , interesting . We can only wait and see what happens I guess .

Edited by Taffy Tiger

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Using new investment in the way you want is exactly the reason the games in the state it’s in!

I don't disagree and that wasn't the point. I certainly wouldn't want funds spent on wages to the detriment of the club as has happened too many times before.

Even after my post, the comments still refer to points for this and points for that rather than the prospects for Cas as a rugby league team on the pitch.

All I meant to say was that IMG seems to be the only thing on people's minds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaw llewellyn said:

I don't disagree and that wasn't the point. I certainly wouldn't want funds spent on wages to the detriment of the club as has happened too many times before.

Even after my post, the comments still refer to points for this and points for that rather than the prospects for Cas as a rugby league team on the pitch.

All I meant to say was that IMG seems to be the only thing on people's minds.

On one hand you say you want people to talk about the team on the pitch, and on the other hand you say you don't want funds spent on wages to the detriment of the club. 

Unfortunately you cannot talk about investment into Cas and not talk about facilities, etc which relate to points. The main reason for that wouldn't necessarily be IMG, more because of the state of Cas's home ground because they have spent all their money on wages and nothing on their ground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The "newspaper" article is a pile of nonsense.

It's not the councils money and the S106 funding has quite clearly been spent on its intended purpose.

Unless they think the new owner is gonna pull the stand down and put in PP for houses...

The councillor who asked the question is completely ignorant of the processes.

The thing WMDC got wrong with the Newmarket/Yorkcourt S106, was not enforcing the payment of the cash before they allowed the Newcold disaggregation.

They won't make that mistake with Axiom.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, dboy said:

The thing WNDC got wrong with the Newmarket/Yorkcourt S106, was not enforcing the payment of the cash before they allowed the Newcold disaggregation.

They won't make that mistake with Axiom.

Box would never have allowed that "mistake" to be made way back then had it been Cas.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son