Super League 2024 Media Etc (Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Why?

I'll rewind 4 hours for the purpose of answering this question although it kind of still applies.

Club selling sponsorship for a game on Sky= $

Club selling sponsorship for a game on BBC= $$$$$$

The fact that clubs haven't known until now is just wasted income opportunity.

19 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

This is a Times article (I feel grubby posting it) from a month ago confirming what is suggested has not been confirmed until 2 hours ago. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-12940571/amp/BBC-screen-live-Super-League-matches-Saturday-evening-three-years-major-boost-rugby-league.html

Daily Fail?

I'd suggest a confirmed TV deal would be better for marketing/viewing figures if it had plenty of publicity and was announced earlier, but confirmed today is better than confirmed tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Daily Fail?

I'd suggest a confirmed TV deal would be better for marketing/viewing figures if it had plenty of publicity and was announced earlier, but confirmed today is better than confirmed tomorrow.

Tomorrow is as useless as today. Clubs couldn't have benefitted from this announcement until it was confirmed in terms of sponsorship. Most,if not all of their sponsorship will have been sold by now and even if it isn't, whoever has bought sponsorship for the games on BBC has got an absolute steal.

6 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Tomorrow is as useless as today. Clubs couldn't have benefitted from this announcement until it was confirmed in terms of sponsorship. Most,if not all of their sponsorship will have been sold by now and even if it isn't, whoever has bought sponsorship for the games on BBC has got an absolute steal.

When should have it been confirmed to avoid the scenario you descbribe. Last week, last month, last season? 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

11 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

When should have it been confirmed to avoid the scenario you descbribe. Last week, last month, last season? 

Its also a 3 year deal, so plenty of opportunity to get value over the coming years. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

I know it's tiring comparing us to football but...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3807882

Deal starting in 2025 announced in 2023. I'm not even asking for that just maybe a few months notice.

They've probably only announced it today before the TV Guides (yesterday do still exist) go to print.

3 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

I know it's tiring comparing us to football but...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3807882

Deal starting in 2025 announced in 2023. I'm not even asking for that just maybe a few months notice.

They've probably only announced it today before the TV Guides (yesterday do still exist) go to print.

They haven’t announced just today. It’s been known about for a month as mentioned in the Mail article above. 

RFL/SL have a long way to go before they are announcing any new deals 2 years out. 

I suspect they will be happy looking forward to having another piece of the jigsaw in place for the “big” relaunch for 2025. 

• Like 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

4 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

They haven’t announced just today. It’s been known about for a month as mentioned in the Mail article above. 

RFL/SL have a long way to go before they are announcing any new deals 2 years out. 

I suspect they will be happy looking forward to having another piece of the jigsaw in place for the “big” relaunch for 2025. 

It wasn't announced a month ago, it was a rumour a month ago.

10 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

It was in the Daily Mail!?  🙄🙃

The Daily Mail reported that the BBC were showing 12 games live on BBC2 which was wrong. Can you say that reporting incorrect information is announcing something?

On 01/02/2024 at 20:11, Chrispmartha said:

We finally seem to be getting our house in order don’t we.

And its long overdue.

I haven’t been as excited for a season in a long time and the SM stuff im sure is part of it. 

I really like the narrative of every club having a story, great work.

It really makes a huge difference in building excitement for the new season. Day in, day out there are modern, very professional looking news pieces. It's everything we have been calling out for for years on here.

• Like 1

I've seen a fair few pictures from the media about today's SL launch in Manchester and it looks much more profeesional than previous years.

The pictures Ive seen kind of remind me of a NFL type media day where all of the stars are available to the media for interviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

Superleague new video effort. I think the audio has been recorded at the bottom of a fish tank, or I may need my ears syringed? 

The audio is cardboard box vocal booth bad. The rest is much better.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

Superleague new video effort. I think the audio has been recorded at the bottom of a fish tank, or I may need my ears syringed? 

Had mine vacuumed last Friday. 😉Sounds OK to me on a Samsung phone 

14 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

London still without a major sponsor 

All the jerseys still say pre-sale and show no sponsors too. They still say that sponsors will be included and that they will be different to the product image. Pretty grim stuff this close to the start of the season.

10 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

Had mine vacuumed last Friday. 😉Sounds OK to me on a Samsung phone 

Might be okay on a phone with its tinny little speaker, but it's bad on anything better.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson