Will 2024 be the best NRL season ever?

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Hardly an excuse though, Parra 30 000 members or something, Sunday arvo vs Manly, they should have filled that place themselves.

Just shows you that the round 1 game was swelled by thousands of dogs fans but like you say no excuses though as I was genuinely expecting a crowd approaching the 25k mark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, going for the corner said:

Just shows you that the round 1 game was swelled by thousands of dogs fans but like you say no excuses though as I was genuinely expecting a crowd approaching the 25k mark.

Yeah multi-cultural round and all, 8000 unsold tickets, how about giving some freebies to some different cultural associations around the area to give them a first taste of live Rugby League maybe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Yeah multi-cultural round and all, 8000 unsold tickets, how about giving some freebies to some different cultural associations around the area to give them a first taste of live Rugby League maybe.

This.

What’s the immigrant population in and around parramatta?

indian? Vietnamese? Lebanese? Polynesians?

28 minutes ago, going for the corner said:

This.

What’s the immigrant population in and around parramatta?

indian? Vietnamese? Lebanese? Polynesians?

It's the Chinese capital of Western Sydney. Probably the Chinese capital of Australia.

According to the 2021 census, 22% of Parramattians have Chinese ancestry. Indians 11%

It's a bit misleading because Parramatta is right at the edge of Parramatta City. Most of the Chinese live in the more up market suburbs like Carlingford. Cumberland is probably a more accurate picture of Parra, it's roughly equal with Chinese, Indians and Lebanese all around 10% each.

7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Do you not think we have set exceptions to high for the crowds as Parra's first 3 games last year was under 18,000 ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farmduck said:

It's the Chinese capital of Western Sydney. Probably the Chinese capital of Australia.

According to the 2021 census, 22% of Parramattians have Chinese ancestry. Indians 11%

Wow!!!

I didn’t know that 1/3 of parramatta population was of Asian descent.

im guessing that this group would be more football(soccer) fans and maybe cricket in the case of the Indian population.

4 minutes ago, going for the corner said:

The game really is booming in Australia.

I just wonder how far it can go in terms of attendances i.e. matching the AFL as we know that the NRL regularly matches and even beats the AFL when it comes to tv viewing figures.

The NRL is on a roll fantastic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EggFace said:

Do you not think we have set exceptions to high for the crowds as Parra's first 3 games last year was under 18,000 ?

Maybe and I think the crowd against the bulldogs was a little misleading thanks to the large dogs away following of thousands.

next weeks home game against the tigers should be interesting following both teams coming off good wins this week and should really be pushing a crowd in the high 20’s if not an actual sellout of 30k.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

And that was without any game in Queensland which usually has the largest crowds.

Not sure how those responsible for the fixtures managed that.

Well we’ve got 2 all Queensland games next week to more than make up for it which should at least attract 1 near sellout.

Just now, going for the corner said:

Well we’ve got 2 all Queensland games next week to more than make up for it which should at least attract 1 near sellout.

To make matters worse there were no AFL or rah rah games either. The A league was on international break and the brisbane bullets basketball are already finished. Even the netball team were out of state!

3 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

To make matters worse there were no AFL or rah rah games either. The A league was on international break and the brisbane bullets basketball are already finished. Even the netball team were out of state!

Are any of those codes really a threat to RL crowds in Brisbane?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, going for the corner said:

Are any of those codes really a threat to RL crowds in Brisbane?

Wasnt suggesting that….just that the sports loving public of queensland were left jangling money in their pockets this weekend.

I had to make do with Southport Sharks (VFL), Tweed Heads Seagulls (QRL) and Easts Tigers ((QRL) which cost me the grand total of $7 admission.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Wasnt suggesting that….just that the sports loving public of queensland were left jangling money in their pockets this weekend.

I had to make do with Southport Sharks (VFL), Tweed Heads Seagulls (QRL) and Easts Tigers ((QRL) which cost me the grand total of $7 admission.

Well hopefully the sport’s loving public of Queensland and especially south east Queensland will dip into their pockets to attend both suncorp and cbus stadium next weekend.

15 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

They werent sitting at home doing nothing this weekend!  Just money lost to the game spent on other activities.

No doubt but tomorrow’s another day and we’ve got 2 all Queensland clashes next weekend.

incidentally do think suncorp will sellout and cbus stadium will see a 20k+ attendance?

9 hours ago, going for the corner said:

Wow!!!

I didn’t know that 1/3 of parramatta population was of Asian descent.

im guessing that this group would be more football(soccer) fans and maybe cricket in the case of the Indian population.

You also need to add SE Asian, Korean, Japanese etc. plenty of them around too.

20 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Hardly an excuse though, Parra 30 000 members or something, Sunday arvo vs Manly, they should have filled that place themselves.

12 hours ago, EggFace said:

I think for a club that occupies the geographic footprint it does, then Parra should be 3/4 full of Parra supporters alone for any weekend.

In my opinion, Parra crowds of under 18,000 for their first three home games, having come off a GF defeat is an example of terribly underperforming. Much like the Eels on field performances as the season continued.