Restructure of Championship and League 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

It is all very revelent. House price v salery, in June 1980 I signed up for a mortgage of £51 a month that was the max I could afford on my wages we moved into the house in September and the payments had gone up just over 33% to £68 for our first payment, my missus had to do part time jobs on top of her full time job so we could survive it, I know and realise that is hard today when %'s rise, but they are nothing in comparison to what we had to put up with.

And again you take snippets of a post to comment on, what about all the other windfall benefits I mentioned? they obviously reduce and help with the debts, things we had to finance ourselves.

You received far more stuff for free and far state support than any young person alive today will ever receive,

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Simon Hall said:

15% of nowt is a lot less than 3% of loads. 

Bingo.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you no ambition at all for your club, the chances of Sheffield ever obtaining a Grade A is as rare as hens teeth, you are just hiding behind that you are happy your club is always going to be mediocre, so be it.

If Sheffield win Superleague in five years' time it won't be down to my involvement. Ambition suggests a personal achievement. Is that how you see Leigh's Cup win last year? Couldn't have been done without Harry?

Chances rare as hen's teeth? What does than even mean?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I know lots of people who were repossessed

But Griff said your generation was financially prudent so that can't have happened?

I presume you think those losing theirs homes today are just spending too much on flat screen TVs?

Anyway: 12-12-12 is the obvious answer for a 36 team professional set-up.

The 8s remain terrible.

3 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

15% of nowt is a lot less than 3% of loads. 

You could get a 3 bedroom house in York for 20k in the early 80s, 3 times the average wage. That same house is now 400k, which is about 12 times the average wage. 

Didn’t get maternity or paternity leave cos it wasn’t needed, the wife generally didn’t need to even have a full time job. 

You have not a clue.

Really tell me what is was I never saw it, my wage was my only source of income.

You didn't go to school? You weren't born in a hospital? There were no nationalised utilities and industries keeping money in the country and services profit free? You don't now receive a benefit guaranteed to rise well ahead of the rate of inflation whatever amount you paid into the NI pot in your working life?

Agree totally with P&R between each division based on on-field performance.

The only issue, which I know is what the 8s bring in, is that 22 games feels too few but nudging 30 too many.

• Like 1

With all this wealth among the old folks its obvious those west yorks clubs havent gone far enough. We should be offering the under 65s a concession and charging even more for over 65s to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You didn't go to school? You weren't born in a hospital? There were no nationalised utilities and industries keeping money in the country and services profit free? You don't now receive a benefit guaranteed to rise well ahead of the rate of inflation whatever amount you paid into the NI pot in your working life?

If I wanted to be really argumentative I would say I still wanted related earnings to be payed, I wouldbe very well off if that was so. 

Anyway bored of this now.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

If I wanted to be really argumentative I would say I still wanted related earnings to be payed, I wouldbe very well off if that was so. 

Anyway bored of this now.

I hope so. I thought we were supposed to be talking about the changes for Championship and League One 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yeah. Compare the average house price with the average salary.

Exactly, it's a statement older people tend to make but I have no doubt that houses were more affordable decade's ago. I remember both my parents buying houses in the late 80s, early 90s and the same houses are many multiples of what they paid, wages are certainly not to anywhere near the same extent. A 2 bedroom terraced house for less than 10k was still more affordable than now even with 15% interst rates.

39 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yeah. Compare the average house price with the average salary.

People in York and Brighton complaining about house prices. 🤣

If you can't live within your means, don't blame others.

12 minutes ago, Griff said:

People in York and Brighton complaining about house prices. 🤣

If you can't live within your means, don't blame others.

Was your paid-for-by-the-taxpayer education so poor that you think Hastings is in Brighton?

Which club would be the preferred 12th L1 club on here? Carcassonne, Skolars, Hemel or maybe Manchester Rangers, Bristol All Golds, Nottingham Outlaws?

Carcassonne sound like the favourites 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Was your paid-for-by-the-taxpayer education so poor that you think Hastings is in Brighton?

Looks like it. No schools down south, then?

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

Which club would be the preferred 12th L1 club on here? Carcassonne, Skolars, Hemel or maybe Manchester Rangers, Bristol All Golds, Nottingham Outlaws?

Carcassonne or another Welsh club. All the others you have listed are non-starters 

• Like 1

Just now, OriginalMrC said:

Carcassonne or another Welsh club. All the others you have listed are non-starters 

Yeah probably. Just thinking of clubs outside of traditional areas. It’s a shame Manchester Rangers were denied entry a few years ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

But what's the point of Carcassonne if the goal isn't to get to Super League? If that is the goal then fair enough but it needs a plan and the current 2 French team limit lifted.

I'm not particularly convinced that Carcassone is a big enough place to support a SL club either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

But what's the point of Carcassonne if the goal isn't to get to Super League? If that is the goal then fair enough but it needs a plan and the current 2 French team limit lifted.

I'm not particularly convinced that Carcassone is a big enough place to support a SL club either.

Hopefully if another French club does join and can achieve Grade A then they’ll be allowed in.

I agree that Carcassonne is a bit small. Could they represent a wider area?

13 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Yeah probably. Just thinking of clubs outside of traditional areas. It’s a shame Manchester Rangers were denied entry a few years ago

Salford and Swinton should be allowed to bed in a bit longer before introducing another expansion club within the M postcode area. 

Edited by The 4 of Us
  • Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910