Club Statement by Mark Campbell

3 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Seems unlikely that he’ll ever get that money back, now that the land issue has gone quiet. Plus you’d assume that if he’s stepping down, he’d be wanting some money for his shares.

I can't imagine he'd ever expect it back, but can't say for certain. Converting to shares is always an option, not that shares would be likely to have any resale value.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

4 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Please can someone with knowledge of league rules step in & tell me what sanctions Fev will face with all this they have known about going into the new season?

Do fans just think it can be brushed under the carpet?

Surely there are fines, points or whatever involved here,how can they be allowed to keep paying new contracts when there not paying old contracts, agents you name it

This is a total sham, a club who were 1 game away from Super League.

I don't care if it's Fev or Wigan, as a RL fan we deserve to know whats the rules please?

Rumour has it, we're going to have to play our home games at Odsal.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

The last accounts at companies house showed a sizeable loan (can't remember the amount) from the chairman, at zero interest. Whether he ever expected or expects it to be paid back, who knows.

In November '22 the Club owed MC £476.5k as shown in the last published accounts - an increase from the £458k owed in November '20 (£51k was paid back in 2020-21 but he obviously loaned that and more back).

MC's B shareholding has also increased from 14360 in Feb '23 to 51360 in Nov '23 to 71360 in Dec '23 (ie £570k worth). Whether that is additional investment over and above loans or conversion of some/all of his loan to shares may become clearer when the next accounts are published in November.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

In November '22 the Club owed MC £476.5k as shown in the last published accounts - an increase from the £458k owed in November '20 (£51k was paid back in 2020-21 but he obviously loaned that and more back).

MC's B shareholding has also increased from 14360 in Feb '23 to 51360 in Nov '23 to 71360 in Dec '23 (ie £570k worth). Whether that is additional investment over and above loans or conversion of some/all of his loan to shares may become clearer when the next accounts are published in November.

Are our shares worth that much?

10 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Please can someone with knowledge of league rules step in & tell me what sanctions Fev will face with all this they have known about going into the new season?

Surely there are fines, points or whatever involved here,how can they be allowed to keep paying new contracts when there not paying old contracts, agents you name it

This is a total sham, a club who were 1 game away from Super League.

I don't care if it's Fev or Wigan, as a RL fan we deserve to know whats the rules please?

Calm down Pablo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

Are our shares worth that much?

On paper. Is be amazed if they had any resale value. It's just a way to "invest" in the club without expecting a return, as you'd get with a loan.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Saves me looking it up again. 🤣

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

They cost ten pounds each.

For new issues. I doubt Mark would get £10 each from anyone on the open market, it just gives a clear indication of how much he's put into the club.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

14 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

For new issues. I doubt Mark would get £10 each from anyone on the open market, it just gives a clear indication of how much he's put into the club.

I can't imagine they've ever been sold on the open market. Almost worthless. But in large quantities they give you power and control of the club.

The key question is if and how he wants or needs to take all that money out again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I can't imagine they've ever been sold on the open market. Almost worthless. But in large quantities they give you power and control of the club.

The key question is if and how he wants or needs to take all that money out again.

Exactly. Requiring repayment of the loan is the critical element in that regards.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

12 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

It sounds like you think we are all in on this and we should be actively doing something to sort it.  Believe it or not this is news to us.

Its not good and needs sorting - we have to assume that MC has it in hand from his statement - but as has been suggested it does seem odd that some former players have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork regarding payments due 2 years ago. 

Plus of course as the RFL saying goes....... never let the truth get in the way of a good story about Fev.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Some have definitely transferred ownership on the 'open market'.

Although it doesn't give total power due to the existence of the two share classes. I can't remember what the A/B director split is (should be😉) on the board (although 2/3 rings a bell) but there are (important) limits as to what can be done without the approval of the A shareholders, and they can only hold one share each.

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Some have definitely transferred ownership on the 'open market'.

Although it doesn't give total power due to the existence of the two share classes. I can't remember what the A/B director split is (should be😉) on the board (although 2/3 rings a bell) but there are (important) limits as to what can be done without the approval of the A shareholders, and they can only hold one share each.

Judicious use of inverted commas there.

Genuine unknown for me. Wasn't that big EGM with its badly organised vote all about changing the club's constitution and the respective status and value of the A and B shares?

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Judicious use of inverted commas there.

Genuine unknown for me. Wasn't that big EGM with its badly organised vote all about changing the club's constitution and the respective status and value of the A and B shares?

Which EGM?

The only recent EGM I'm aware of (2018) was the Club asking A shareholders for permission to seek to change the status of the land currently in the green belt to allow development and bring in income, nothing about a change in constitution.  

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Which EGM?

The only recent EGM I'm aware of (2018) was the Club asking A shareholders for permission to seek to change the status of the land currently in the green belt to allow development and bring in income, nothing about a change in constitution.  

Ta. I really didn't know.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 22:46, RobLambert said:

It sounds like you think we are all in on this and we should be actively doing something to sort it.  Believe it or not this is news to us.

Its not good and needs sorting - we have to assume that MC has it in hand from his statement - but as has been suggested it does seem odd that some former players have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork regarding payments due 2 years ago. 

Plus of course as the RFL saying goes....... never let the truth get in the way of a good story about Fev.

Not at all, us fans are always last to know but what I will say, people very close to the club & players have known for a long time by the looks.

Each week more & more are coming out to ask what is owed. They were obviously asked months maybe years ago to keep stum, but now it's out in the open

Why the #### hasn't RL made statement, where is the noise from the Championdhip boys.

If this was a lower team like us Cumbrians or Newcastle the points would be showing a big fat - already  

Rovers are classified as a maximum risk business, according to Experian

That's headlines this morning, for you fans the people running this great game need to act & let you fans know what is happening 

Featherstone supporters deserve better, without you they are nothing

1 hour ago, Pablo Escobar said:

If this was a lower team like us Cumbrians or Newcastle the points would be showing a big fat - already  

Bold shout coming on the Fev forum and telling the regulars that we get favouritism shown to us by the RFL...

Seriously though it's hard to tell what response you're hoping for? Your initial post basically said you think we must have broken some sort of rule but you don't know what it is so please could Fev fans tell you, or spend some time trawling through the rule book looking it up?

You haven't told us anything we haven't already read but if there is evidence we have breached one or more of the RFL Operational Guidelines I'm sure we'll be charged with it, and if there isn't, we won't. There's not much we as supporters can do about it either way.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bold shout coming on the Fev forum and telling the regulars that we get favouritism shown to us by the RFL...

Seriously though it's hard to tell what response you're hoping for? Your initial post basically said you think we must have broken some sort of rule but you don't know what it is so please could Fev fans tell you, or spend some time trawling through the rule book looking it up?

You haven't told us anything we haven't already read but if there is evidence we have breached one or more of the RFL Operational Guidelines I'm sure we'll be charged with it, and if there isn't, we won't. There's not much we as supporters can do about it either way.

The consensus from a lot of fans of other clubs seems to be that we're all in on it, condone it and think that because we didn't get promoted, the players don't deserve to be paid what they're owed. I'm pretty sure this is far from the case. (Although don't check our Facebook fans' page...)

Edited by Michael Bates

6 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

In general isn’t it the case that clubs receive points deductions for going bankrupt/insolvant. This isn’t the case with Fev. 

Clubs can be deducted points for a whole range of offences, many of which come under the umbrella of 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Not too hard to think back to Fev's points deduction not that many moons ago as an example.

My argument is, the people running Featherstone have known for a long time now that owing money left right & centre, yet they have been selling & signing new players when really they should have been under some embargo. How can you keep signing anyone knowing you owe a fortune

No chance everyone has started the new season under the same rules?

Like I said you brilliant fans, RL fans & current people around Fev who may or may not get paid need to hear from the people or idiots running the League

Easy terms say  - Fev owe £50.000 to £75.000 to old players & creditors over 2 years yet are still allowed to buy or pay new contracts which let's be honest will be covering near £1m wage bill 2024

Just think it's mental all this is staying in house, suprised definitely not, they wiped & covered Bradfords ***** long enough