What is the worst game you've ever been to?

Skolars 6 Newcastle 66 

We'd moved to Enfield FC's ground whilst New River's new pitch was being laid, which was a bit of a pain to get too and that afternoon  it poured and poured with rain and it was cold and there were about 200 people there (including 20 or so Newcastle fans who did the congo around the ground). My son and I retired to the bar when they hit 40, only to be cornered by a RL fanatic who just had to tell us for for what seemed like for ever, everything that was wrong with the game and what he would do to put it right. 

Edited by EssexRL
  • Haha 1

On 25/03/2024 at 15:48, Worzel said:

Losing 1 nil to Barrow at home in the second division in 1994, in front of about 1,500 people, on a postage-stamp-sized muddy field better suited to growing potatoes.

Strangely enough this is one my most memorable games but on a positive note!!😂 Iv read a few KR fans over the years saying the pitch was a mud bath that day but there was nothing wrong with it, it was a typical surface you’d get in October

As daz39 said, too many to pick from for a Huddersfield fan watching for 40+ years - the 80s were grim in many ways.

First go on SL I remember a game at home v London, it was a night game, pouring rain, freezing and two awful teams playing awful rugby - I was definitely wondering what I was doing with my time then, worse than some of the drubbings we took those season (no central funding, Schofield as coach then the M word...)

28 minutes ago, The Vet said:

Strangely enough this is one my most memorable games but on a positive note!!😂 Iv read a few KR fans over the years saying the pitch was a mud bath that day but there was nothing wrong with it, it was a typical surface you’d get in October

Ha! Have never used it as an excuse for the performance. It’s more a comment on the overall condition of the stadium at the time, and how far we’ve dragged ourselves since.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Worzel said:

Ha! Have never used it as an excuse for the performance. It’s more a comment on the overall condition of the stadium at the time, and how far we’ve dragged ourselves since.

No I wasn’t insinuating KR fans used it as an excuse, it was one of those days as we were awful at the time but produced a once in a lifetime defensive performance, the ‘other’ Craven Park was always one of my favourite away days for the atmosphere despite us usually getting battered apart from that game!😂 KR are one of the SL clubs I like and the stadium now looks great and a big change from when I last played there

Edited by The Vet
  • Like 1

Being a Salford fan I've seen too many awful games. The Noble or McRae eras stick in the mind. I was debating today which was worse. I say McRae Husband says Noble.

• Like 1