Newcastle Thunder Away

bobg

3 hours ago, bobg said:

Anyone know what sort of team we are going to be able to put out on Saturday.

No idea Bob, hopefully we manage to get some fit body's on the pitch , I will be there as I was last week cheering on whoever pulls on a town top , but I'm not predicting any score 😆UTT🔵⚪🏉

50 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Talk of Thunder getting some Cas players, hopefully not this week.

Both squads are up on the Our League app. No Cas players for Newcastle from what i can see but a few from York 

Worky: Bradley, Charlton, Croston, Forber, Henson, Hutton, Key, Lepori, Lightowler, Marwood, McNicholas, Mossop, Reid, Sammut, Scholey, Taylor, Taylor, Thomson, Tyrer, Walker, Walton

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Both squads are up on the Our League app. No Cas players for Newcastle from what i can see but a few from York 

Worky: Bradley, Charlton, Croston, Forber, Henson, Hutton, Key, Lepori, Lightowler, Marwood, McNicholas, Mossop, Reid, Sammut, Scholey, Taylor, Taylor, Thomson, Tyrer, Walker, Walton

I'd like to see Hutton have a go at full back. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

But they all played last week?

48 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Really hope Stevie is playing 🤞

• Like 1

I would play marwood at full back,played full back at Newcastle a few seasons ago,scored a great try as well,never played there again,is backing up skills would be great in that position. 

10 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Who would you put there? No Burns, Purcell or Bickerdike. 

Lepori was a full back at Swinton and Haven wasn’t he ?

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

12 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Don't think it's good way forward to play loan lads,when you have your own players available, look after the lads who sign for the club,or back to square one with no squad. 

Think it's a case off we have to play them or we don't have a team to put out .

16 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Don't think it's good way forward to play loan lads,when you have your own players available, look after the lads who sign for the club,or back to square one with no squad. 

Except thats not whats happening now is it.

It's all about managing your squad and looking after the players, a lot of work goes on in the background when it comes to loans and building relationships with other clubs and without them we would have struggled big time (Who knows when we might need their help again). I think at one point we had 15 of our own lads available. Hopefully some won't be to far away but others might be longer term 🙏  

Hutton has had a great start to his semi pro career but look at where he has came from and the teams he's played so far, these things need managed, if he was rested for a loan player then I'm sure he will react in the right way and long term will a better player for it. 

Need to trust in the coaching team and BOD and the process they are following, it might mean some tough decisions along the way but if we want to improve then so be it. 

UTT 🩵🤍

• Like 2

Agree when town are short of players,also the work that goes in to getting player's ,all I'm saying is squad player's need to play first,or chance they get cheesed off and don't bother,most loan player's are straight out of academy's or young squad player's.hopefully the team will start picking it self with easy games coming up.

4 hours ago, Town utd said:

I would play marwood at full back,played full back at Newcastle a few seasons ago,scored a great try as well,never played there again,is backing up skills would be great in that position. 

It sounds a bit mad but you're right he had a stormer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Charlton won't be playing, currently on the drink in haven sponsors lounge