Dewsbury H

HP Beans

I think the win against York should give this team some much needed confidence and hopefully we can push on in this game and cut out silly errors. 

Dewsbury are going to be battling at the bottom the same as us, but it’s important we pick up the 2 points.

Ill go for a Barrow win 28-10 

• Like 2

We (Dewsbury) are carrying injuries to some key players weakening their attacking threat considerably. We are still a work in progress and I would expect the bookies to be giving us +10.

No supporters' bus coming either, unfortunately, so our support will also be reduced from normal against you. (I shall also be absent, for domestic reasons, which is a shame as yours is one of my favourite grounds to visit, especially when we occasionally win.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

We (Dewsbury) are carrying injuries to some key players weakening their attacking threat considerably. We are still a work in progress and I would expect the bookies to be giving us +10.

No supporters' bus coming either, unfortunately, so our support will also be reduced from normal against you. (I shall also be absent, for domestic reasons, which is a shame as yours is one of my favourite grounds to visit, especially when we occasionally win.)

Ey up, very crafty, typical Tyke, lulling opponents into false sense of security. Dewsbury boy Eddie Waring has taught you how to play the underdog card - early bath for you Yorkie. The real reason you tight Yorkshire tea-drinkers are not coming over is none of you want to pay the admission, Ee ba gum... Ta' ra. 🙂

Edited by 2Cents
  • Haha 3

Don’t think I really agree with that. Max Clarke put in a MOM performance in centre against York and looked a handful. 
correct me if I’m wrong but Greenwood has never played centre so why would you move him out there ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stillcrazy said:

Is Forber and Rothwell still available?

Rate Forber highly!! He was dynamic in attack,  great in defence and made a big change when he came on. Hopefully he is available. 

Edited by Masters 13
  • Like 3
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

33 minutes ago, BarraFan said:

Max Clarke should be in the forwards, put greenwood in centre.

I think Broadbent might be available this week. Where will he fit in? And is there no spot for Shane Toal now?

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 17:17, ghost of uncle fester said:

Think barrow will win reasonably comfortable tbut they do have some very dangerous players particularly on the edges in the likes of greensmith and whitely and Carr out the back ,saw there game against Batley and at times looked pretty impressive ,I'm going 26-8 ISH 

If we play like we did against Batley, then you’ve no chance!

If we play like we did against Widnes, it’ll be all yours!

I think it will be the latter unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 hours ago, 2Cents said:

I think Broadbent might be available this week. Where will he fit in? And is there no spot for Shane Toal now?

Shane's not in our best 17 when all available unfortunately. Cressy looks like first choice no.1, broadbent a victim of his own ill-discipline. Shows we have good strength in the backs when all available. 

Everything crossed Rothwell and Forber can play.

If Burke's available he comes in for Emeslie off the bench for me. Other than that unchanged.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

If we play like we did against Batley, then you’ve no chance!

If we play like we did against Widnes, it’ll be all yours!

I think it will be the latter unfortunately. 

Looked decent against Batley,cant really comment on the other but know few people have said their decent this season(vikings) and got a massive side 

Edited by ghost of uncle fester
  • Like 1

21 man squad 

Luke Broadbent

Andrew Bulman

Greg Burke

Brett Carter

Max Clarke

Matt Costello

Luke Cresswell

Charlie Emslie

Tom Forber

Ellis Gillam

Delaine Gittens-Bedward

James Greenwood

Ryan Johnston

Kavan Rothwell

Ryan Shaw

Razor Silva

Shane Toal

Brad Walker

Tom Walker

Tom Wilkinson

Josh Wood

Stack gone back to Oz - family reasons. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Shane's not in our best 17 when all available unfortunately. Cressy looks like first choice no.1, broadbent a victim of his own ill-discipline. Shows we have good strength in the backs when all available. 

Everything crossed Rothwell and Forber can play.

If Burke's available he comes in for Emeslie off the bench for me. Other than that unchanged.

Have to disagree think with Stack unavailable best option is Max Clarke into Back Row and Shane or Broadbent in the centre. Personally think Charlie plays better in the middle as a prop than a second row. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rod77 said:

Have to disagree think with Stack unavailable best option is Max Clarke into Back Row and Shane or Broadbent in the centre. Personally think Charlie plays better in the middle as a prop than a second row. 

Agree with this. 

Having Clarke in second row is handy as he can fill in at centre if we get an injury in outside backs. 

I'd also prefer Wood and Forber to rotate one more time if subs allow it. Wood does first 20 mins of each half to take sting out of the game and Forber to finish the halves when the game opens up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RSN said:

Agree with this. 

Having Clarke in second row is handy as he can fill in at centre if we get an injury in outside backs. 

I'd also prefer Wood and Forber to rotate one more time if subs allow it. Wood does first 20 mins of each half to take sting out of the game and Forber to finish the halves when the game opens up.

Can’t see barrow leaving Burke out on too much money to not be playing

• Like 1

Dewsbury fan here. Obviously hoping we come home with the two points. Being totally realistic I can’t see it happening. IMHO there is nothing between the two teams. If the venue was reversed I would tip Dewsbury. Hope the Rams boys prove me wrong and I will be the first to apologise on here.

• Like 2

What is going on in this game? I have no commentary and no updates. It just says HT on the BBC website, and has done for ages.

OK, I've just realised there is an emergency in the crowd. I hope everything is OK.

26 - 4 at HT and scraped a win 27-20. 

Due to a medical emergency half time was 45 mins. Dewsbury came into the second half fired up and we made a lot of errors second half which brought them back into the game. 

Emslie had his best game in a Barrow shirt and thoroughly deserved man of the match. 

• Like 1