Sun 14th Apr: CCQF: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/24 at 16:00

22 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

The level I’m hoping you go back too is Leigh’s level so we can bring you back down to Earth with a bump on Sat 😉

Well played Wire. Saints don’t offer much to me and have scraped through a lot of games by great defence. Williams pulled the strings and had Saints disjointed left and right throughout the second half. 

Special mention to Richard Marshall who no doubt puts together most of Warringtons attacking structures. As a team a blooding the kids through, Burgess is fearless in making the final team call.

A big well done from a currently sombre Leyther exiled in Warrington 😂😂

Martin Gleeson is attack coach, Marshall focuses on defence.

1 hour ago, Alffi 7 said:

Martin Gleeson is attack coach, Marshall focuses on defence.

I stand corrected although Marshall may hold the badges. 

Let’s hope they don’t attack like that on depleted Leigh on Sat 👍

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

I stand corrected although Marshall may hold the badges. 

Let’s hope they don’t attack like that on depleted Leigh on Sat 👍

Doesn't really matter how depleted Leigh are to be honest. Simply cannot defend a set in our own half. Not convinced things would've been much different with Asiata, Mulhern and Ipape on the pitch when you see likes of Charnley and Hardaker rushing off the line for tries conceded.

Can't be many, if any teams that can match Warrington for pace in the backline, and chances of Leigh coping are pretty slim.

20 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

and quite a few of his diddy men - Konnie looks one more steak bake away from retirement - Lomax struggling to take the mantle - bet wire are glad they offloaded Clark who's not fit to clean Roby's boots - good player 8 years ago- but now? nah - how did Leeds lose to this rabble at home 2 weeks running? must be a concern for Leeds fans!

It is mate.

Warrington were superb in the second half, their fans must be confident of a trophy this season. They were class from 1 to 17, power down the middle, pace out wide. 
As for the shambolic Saints i wasn’t surprised by the result Wire could’ve easily put 50 on us. I thought we was fortunate to beat Wigan, if they hadn’t have had a player sent off we wouldn’t have won. 
I have seen enough of Wellens and his one tactic of five drives and a practice kick. Saints have No Pace, No Plan B, No Kicking Game In General Play. Saints need a big clear out at the end of 2024, id start with Wellens, get rid of Roby, tell Smith he can stay as the women’s first team coach but cannot be involved with the men’s first team. Frayssinous can go. As for players Makinson, Blake, Davies, Royle, Hurrell, can go. 

2 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Warrington were superb in the second half, their fans must be confident of a trophy this season. They were class from 1 to 17, power down the middle, pace out wide. 
As for the shambolic Saints i wasn’t surprised by the result Wire could’ve easily put 50 on us. I thought we was fortunate to beat Wigan, if they hadn’t have had a player sent off we wouldn’t have won. 
I have seen enough of Wellens and his one tactic of five drives and a practice kick. Saints have No Pace, No Plan B, No Kicking Game In General Play. Saints need a big clear out at the end of 2024, id start with Wellens, get rid of Roby, tell Smith he can stay as the women’s first team coach but cannot be involved with the men’s first team. Frayssinous can go. As for players Makinson, Blake, Davies, Royle, Hurrell, can go. 

This escalated quickly 😄 

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

This escalated quickly 😄 

I laugh. But there is some truth in that post. Others have discussed the lack of pace, lack of points, dull rugby et al for much of this season and last year as well under Wellens. Whilst we will continue to win more than we lose, I think we will get anywhere near OT this year. 

8 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

I laugh. But there is some truth in that post. Others have discussed the lack of pace, lack of points, dull rugby et al for much of this season and last year as well under Wellens. Whilst we will continue to win more than we lose, I think we will get anywhere near OT this year. 

I do get it, I was very critical of Steve Price at Wire despite us finishing 3rd, beating Saints at Wembley and making other finals. 

I've consistently banged the drum for entertaining RL. This is meant to be entertaining and exciting, I couldn't care less for coaches giving an identikot interview about playing the percentages and so on. 

It's why for his faults I will always celebrate the likes of Dufty at Wire. 

• Like 3