Batley Sunday

Isn't TNW still at Leeds, anyway, I wouldn't consider including him if he is going to keep getting recalled? I'd bring AJ back, give Brown a rest, otherwise I'd leave the team as it was on Sunday, with Ata on the bench if he is fit.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 2

I don't think (if he is fit) our 'marquee' signing would be on the bench, if fit he has to play, even though I thought Pembo did a terrific job as a stand in half, as for AJ & Brown, unfortunately AJ hasn't really performed well when he has played this season for some reason, but maybe it is time to give him another go and give Brown a rest but again, I don't think that will happen. Harrison has to stay at Full Back.

agree , nikau and liam in the half's, ive criticised myles in the past but he did a cracking job at fullback plus he's probably our best goalkicker , wouldn't have thought brendan santi was far off by now.

AJ had one poor game, at Doncaster, Brown has had 4 in my opinion. He cost us the first try on Sunday. For what it's worth, I think ,that looking at the opposition, Hendo will be totally focused on having our ' big guns' fully fit for the Sheffield semi final, he won't be playing anybody who is not 100% fit before then.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

AJ had one poor game, at Doncaster, Brown has had 4 in my opinion. He cost us the first try on Sunday. 

Totally agree with this. AJ is the best winger at the club. Brown is third best by some distance.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see AJ off to a Super League club very soon now the academic year is  wrapping up. There's no point in him being sat in the stands here.

I think Brown's spell at FB has completely destroyed his confidence. He looks very nervous under every high ball at the moment and a bit lost. He needs a couple of weeks out then to just come back as solely as a winger. He is not a FB and it didnt help him or the team playing him there. Harrison is a full back and has to stay there whilst DagYger is out. He did a good solid job on Sunday and his kicking was excellent.  His performance and reliability gave the team confidence. 

AJ was poor at Doncaster but he needs games now or he'll be off and I wouldn't blame him. Browny out and AJ back in please.

Unfortunately its to early to predict the rest of the team for Batley as I have absolutely no idea who's fit, injured and available. How's longs Dee out for? When are Santi and Cunningham back?  Field? Is TNW coming back or playing for Leeds? Is Severs out after his head knock? Gannon, who could barely walk when leaving the pitch and whats wrong with Hingano?? 

We need to win on Sunday or all the good work against Bradford will be forgotten and we are back to square one again.

i think it is just a lack of form and confidence with joe brown , filled in very well at fullback last season in the absence of marsh, myles has matured and now should be reserve fullback for dagger , lineham had his best game for york last week so now it's a scrap between himself browny and a j for a wing spot ,  not a bad place to be in really ?

• Like 2

For what it's worth this would be my 17 for Batley, if Hingano not fit Nikau Williams at Stand Off

23. Myles Harrison,

2. Joe Brown, / 5  AJ Towse

38. Jacob Gannon

4. Jimmy Keinhorst

34. Tom Lineham

22. Ata Hingano

7. Liam Harris

8. Ukuma Ta'ai

9. Will Jubb

10. Conor Fitzsimmons

11. Oli Field

12. Connor Bailey

13. Jordan Thompson

19. Josh Daley

15. Jack Teanby

20  Taylor Pemberton

17. Ronan Michael

18th Man   5  AJ Towse / 2  Joe Brown

11 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

For what it's worth this would be my 17 for Batley, if Hingano not fit Nikau Williams at Stand Off

23. Myles Harrison,

2. Joe Brown, / 5  AJ Towse

38. Jacob Gannon

4. Jimmy Keinhorst

34. Tom Lineham

22. Ata Hingano

7. Liam Harris

8. Ukuma Ta'ai

9. Will Jubb

10. Conor Fitzsimmons

11. Oli Field

12. Connor Bailey

13. Jordan Thompson

19. Josh Daley

15. Jack Teanby

20  Taylor Pemberton

17. Ronan Michael

18th Man   5  AJ Towse / 2  Joe Brown

Aye that will do a job

I can see

brown
towse

myles

keinhorst

lineham

harris

williams

taii

jubb

fitzimmons

reynolds

bailey

thompson

teanby

micheal

daley

hingano

Missing

pembo field gannon ward 

I don’t want to play myles in the centres but I feel we are kind of forced to with the injuries we have 

17 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

I can see

brown
towse

myles

keinhorst

lineham

harris

williams

taii

jubb

fitzimmons

reynolds

bailey

thompson

teanby

micheal

daley

hingano

Missing

pembo field gannon ward 

I don’t want to play myles in the centres but I feel we are kind of forced to with the injuries we have 

I'd prefer to see Brown in the centres over Harrison. He has just that bit more bulk and Myles is the safer of the two under the high ball. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Myles, Aj, Ward, Jimmy, lineham

Harris Williams

Ta'ai, jubby, Connor, Bailey, Field, tommo

Reynolds, Jack, Ronan, Daley or Ata 

Unsure if oli is fit, can't see Gannon playing and no severs? We look a bit short in the forward line if anything

Severs in HIA protocol, so he will be out another week, fingers crossed for Gannon I think he is a good prospect for us.

• Like 1

Would start with Ward in the centres with Keinhorst and if Gannon isn't fit i would have Tommo in the second row with Ata starting at loose forward.

If the weather in Batley is like it is here, I hope the Knights take a spare set of shirts to change into at half time. Remember 2 years ago, couldn't tell one side from the other after 10 minutes? Don't want to make Mr. Mikalauskas' job any harder than it already is.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Haha 1

Gannon still out,  and Pembo drops out as Williams back after suspension which is understandable but unfortunate for him as he I think he has performed really well. Hingano on the bench, not sure heavy pitch is good for him, and good to see Brad Ward getting a run out. AJ obviously still out of favour, maybe next week at home on a dry pitch might see him back in contention.

10 -0 at half time , 2 nd try looked like a dropped ball but ref decided otherwise.

All to do but downhill in the second half so hopefully things might change for the better.

Shouldn’t blame the referee but really!!

Hingano should have been on from the start, we should have been a bit more disciplined, and ultimately you shouldn’t be in the position where the referee, good or bad , can influence the result. Very disappointing but hey, it’s early days, We do need to start winning though. Credit to Batley they got the win.

• Like 1

Hopefully the new signings Andy was on about will be arriving shortly,can't be giving teams a lead like that and expect to win a game of any kind,looks like Hendo is back to the drawing board!

Typical Batley game. The 2 tries after half time did us.

For the life of me I'll never understand why the idiot fans went down to shout abuse at the ref whilst he was walking off at half time (the try he dropped was given as a rip out so it's play on by the way) You think he's going to give us any 50-50 calls after that. These are grown men not young kids, and then offering to have a fight with the batley players after the match?? Disgraceful behaviour.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2