The NRL Round 9 Thread

Posted (edited)

Nanai goes over after a second grab after they go back right after Katoa had rounded up Feldt.

Kick from 5 in from the sideline for Holmes...

Edited by StandOffHalf

Val Holmes misses the conversion of the Nanai try which would have locked it up at 28-28

One and a half minutes left

What an exciting, exhausting game that was to watch! 

Drinkwater's 2-pointer is short and left and the Dolphins win.

I think they managed the game better and deserved the win. Their defence and their halves impressed me. Missing a lot of player as well. That is a top effort.

Katoa MOTM in my opinion.

Score Summary

K. Feldt 4, R. Cotter 7, J. Nanai 30, S. McIntyre 40, J. Nanai 78 Tries J. Isaako 12, T. Niu 23, J. Isaako 33, J. Isaako 49, J. Averillo 68
V. Holmes 9, V. Holmes 32, V. Holmes 40 Conversions J. Isaako 13, J. Isaako 24, J. Isaako 35, J. Isaako 69
  • Like 1

Two close games with tight finishes and a reasonable third game.The score may not have been as close in the Dogs/Wests game but there was some good attacking play by both sides. Definitely watchable RL.

Titans. last four games had a total margin of 10 points combined…but three losses. They still haven't held an opponent to 20 points or less though.

Disappointing crowd of 12000 last night. They don't leave SE Queensland until middle of June with two more home games and two at Lang Park over the next month.

15 hours ago, Farmduck said:

He clearly didn't have control of the ball but if he still has a finger on it, has he lost it? He's clearly losing it but hasn't lost it yet, would be my interpretation.

I didn’t see much of the huff and puff about Api’s disallowed try last week. Importantly I didn’t hear Annesly’s explanation to which I think he said the on field decision was correct. 

I haven’t seen the incident you are referring to here either, but I have always disagreed with the notion that a ball needs to be re-gripped before it touches the ground. I’m not sure if this is still a directive. From your explanation of the incident above, sounds like maybe it has changed.

I saw the last ten minutes of Dogs and Tigers @Graham. I thought her performance in that section alone was pretty ordinary. Her man management looked to be out the window and she was saved by the bunker and a captains call for a howler knock on call not given in a double knock on incident.

Not sure about her performance in Raiders a few weeks ago like @Anita Bath mentioned, but a friend I caught up with later in the evening said her performance in yesterday’s game was terrible. He is not a social media guy and we are not in Sydney, so he wouldn’t have been influenced by anything other than her performance to come to that conclusion.

I don't understand this one. Fox is bleating about a 4-week suspension. There's just been a similar tackle in the Knights/Warriors game- on report and no penalty. You can see here Sezer's bum is almost on the ground and there's no part of Curran under him. If it's a hip drop, there's no hip involved -we can see both Sezer's hips and Curran is not under him - and where's the drop? What part of Sezer is dropped on Curran's legs/ankles? Curran's ankle is at an awkward angle but the only part of Sezer on Currans legs is Sezer's legs and you've always been able to use your legs on the ball-carrier's legs after you've grabbed him.

I might try to find a screen grab from a different angle to show the relative positions of the players' legs.

GMtuYO2bMAAdzCB?format=jpg&name=large

Posted (edited)

The Warriors are just taking turns to drop the ball.

"Here you drop it."

"No thanks, mate, I've already dropped it twice, give someone else a chance to drop it."

Edited by Farmduck
  • Haha 1

28min: Dylan Walker crosses right next to the post + Johnson goal

Warriors 6 - 8

Cape Kurtwell off with leg injury

The brilliance of Steve Roach: "I reckon they'll go for it this set" as the Warriors start a set 10m out from the Knights' line. Well, no #### Sherlock.

The DWZ goes for the high kick and drops the ball on the way down but he gets tackled in mid-air by Marzhew. I thought you were allowed to tackle in mid-air in a try-scoring situation. Commentators question why it's not a penalty try.

HT:  Knights  8   Warriors  6

Then the news at YT that Sezer has been given 4 weeks for the non-hip, non-drop, hip drop. They showed a couple of angles and I'm obviously going blind. I still can't see where Sezer drops any weight or body parts on Curran's legs.

Shaun Johnson has kicked a couple of evil bombs that almost seem to slow down as they fall. Is the wind blowing upwards?

52min: DWZ scores a DWZ-style try in the corner but Hastings was obstructed in the lead-up. He milked the living #### out of it but Jackson Ford ran straight into him and wasn't even close to going past his inside shoulder.

63min: Saifiti try. Looked like a possible bobble there as CNK tried to grab the ball. Bunker's happy

Gagai  goal

Knights 14 - 8

Why did they do the short dropout when it's this wet? Go long and hope the Warriors drop the ball in one of the tackles!!!