Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Photography Thread

• Please log in to reply
2578 replies to this topic

#1941 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

best I can do with my software. Pleased with it though.Posted Image

BINGO
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#1942 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

There's been some belters on here recently.

I've just added a few new ones to my Flickr account, ones that I particularly like for one reason or another that bring back memories or are just some of my favourite shots of the last few years, all taken on a point and shoot of some description before my recent move to a DSLR. This is one of the ones I stumbled upon, a view of the 7 colours earth in Mauritius, which is one of the strangest natural sights I've ever seen. That's the natural colour(s) of the earth there, and they just wash around into different seams when it rains.

Posted Image
7 Colours Earth by 77gazza, on Flickr

Edited by gazza77, 12 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#1943 Native New Yorker

Native New Yorker
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Taken by my daughter's partner when he climbed Kilimanjaro to raise money for Cancer Research

Posted Image
SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012
Stupid Grand Champion 2012
Challenged Cup Winner 2013

#1944 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Picked up a Fuji X100 on Friday, this is one of the first shots I've taken with it - not sure I'm qualified to operate a "proper camera" yet, makes using a DSLR seem like a piece of cake, hope to enjoy the challenge though!

Posted Image

#1945 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Some great pics on here. Really enjoy looking at them.

Picked up a Fuji X100 on Friday, this is one of the first shots I've taken with it - not sure I'm qualified to operate a "proper camera" yet, makes using a DSLR seem like a piece of cake, hope to enjoy the challenge though!

Posted Image

Ooh you lucky 'person' you. Love the look of the X100, and with a proper viewfinder as well. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics you take with it.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#1946 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

That view looks familiar. It looks like the North York Moors as seen from the northern end of the Yorkshire Wolds.

Close, but a little bit further North and West - the house is on top of a hill at the bottom left-hand corner of the Moors themselves. Sutton Bank and the White Horse are about 3 or 4 miles down the road to the East.

Edited by Futtocks, 14 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1947 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Posted Image
Owl in flight by CarlMitchell, on Flickr
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#1948 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image
Owl in flight by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

bloody hell Carl that's good
Keeping it local

#1949 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

bloody hell Carl that's good

Thanks - I actually took it about 12 months ago and was piddling about with curves and levels today - quite pleased with how it came out!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#1950 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image
Keeping it local

#1951 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image
Keeping it local

#1952 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

You got a job on the side as a private investigator Chris? :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#1953 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I just about managed to get home in time to catch a bit of light over the Calder Valley this evening.

Posted Image
Heptonstall & Stoodley Pike by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image
Calder Valley by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

#1954 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Also had a wonder down to Fairburn Ings on the way to the Wakey v Fev game yesterday. Didn't get to spend that long there, but did get a few shots.

Posted Image
Goldfinch by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image
Black Headed Gull by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image

Roll on a few more nice days at weekends to get out and about. :)

Please view my photos.

#1955 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

You got a job on the side as a private investigator Chris? :lol:

that's a very good call gaz

this was a confrontation in the street of the "you slag shagging my boyfiend" type with the boyfried trying to save his own skin: "luv I can explain, she's nowt to me", "waddaya mean I'm nowt to yer", all fuelled by Carlsberg spesh
Keeping it local

#1956 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Also had a wonder down to Fairburn Ings on the way to the Wakey v Fev game yesterday. Didn't get to spend that long there, but did get a few shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Black Headed Gull by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image

Roll on a few more nice days at weekends to get out and about. :)

brilliant
Keeping it local

#1957 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Found this on my old phone,the shirt was hanging on the fence at Leeds Rugby Academy the week after the CC semi final.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#1958 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image
Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Posted Image

#1959 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image
747 at Heathrow by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Posted Image

#1960 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Today's efforts.

Posted Image
View of home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image
On the way home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Posted Image
Oxenhope by 77gazza, on Flickr

Can you tell I've not got bored of the new toy yet? :D

Please view my photos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users