Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Jul 13 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could mean that they're still in negociation with whoever it is's club over compensation.

Probably means that they know there are a few more pennies stuck behind the sofa, they just can't quite reach them yet.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

Could mean that they're still in negociation with whoever it is's club over compensation.

Could be. There must be some kind of negotiation going on, whether it's wages or compo. Could be they're looking round the office for a pen to sign on the dotted line with?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#43 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

iv'e said for weeks and i'll say it again. Brian McDermott will be coaching Bradford Bulls next season. when i had a meet up with some ex Army mates in London recently and we took in a Quins game. the talk amongst Quins supporters in the bar was who will take over from Brian McDermott for next season.

#44 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

It's out in the public domain that we have got Mick Potter.

Great news and I for one thing that he's the man to take the Bulls forward and continue the good work done by McNamara with the young players.

#45 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

http://www.guardian....-bradford-bulls

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#46 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Lee St Hilaire, McNamara's former assistant who has been put in caretaker charge for the rest of the season, said several players had been happy to see the England coach leave.
How can they leave the story there? Give us more information!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#47 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

I can die a happy man tonight.

See you all Sunday.

#48 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 15 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can they leave the story there? Give us more information!

See the T&A website wink.gif

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 15 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See the T&A website wink.gif

Should I read a particular story or just trudge my way through the ###### they call 'comments'?!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

I hope he doesn't bring Flannery with him. dry.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Potter was supposedly unpopular at both Perpignan and especially St Helens because of his shy, withdrawn, introverted personality. (Remember when Catalans signed Kevin Walters, Bernard Guasch gushing about Walters Queensland personality was more like the Mediterranean personality?).

Is it felt at Bradford that Bradford is a place where shy introverts can thrive and be loved?

Edited by ParisSurtout, 15 July 2010 - 11:29 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#52 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

So let me get this straight...........

This is the same Mick Potter who guided Saints to their 1st trophyless season in god knows how many years and hes gonna be the Bulls saviour?

You couldnt make it up laugh.gif

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#53 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 15 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the same Mick Potter who guided Saints to their 1st trophyless season in god knows how many years and hes gonna be the Bulls saviour?

Potter is a strict disciplinarian and he will be much better than McNamara. If Orford can return to good health and form, and Menzies kicks on, I foresee Bradford making the top 8 under Potter.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 15 July 2010 - 11:32 PM.

_____

#54 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,240 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 16 2010, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he had an English accent he would now be firmly on the scrapheap.

#55 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 15 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he had an English accent he would now be firmly on the scrapheap.

You mean, like the English-accented England coach Steve McNamara?

_____

#56 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,240 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 16 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean, like the English-accented England coach Steve McNamara?

Yep, people are already saying it is a farce he got the job, so that example actually backs my point up, thanks.

People are happy with the failure that is Mick Potter, but are disgusted by McNamara for England.

How many English coaches have been sacked/released, and then found another top level club, yet week after week we hear about Aussie coaches being linked to top jobs over here despite the fact they have been sacked at clubs?

#57 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 15 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, people are already saying it is a farce he got the job, so that example actually backs my point up, thanks.People are happy with the failure that is Mick Potter, but are disgusted by McNamara for England.

How many English coaches have been sacked/released, and then found another top level club, yet week after week we hear about Aussie coaches being linked to top jobs over here despite the fact they have been sacked at clubs?

No, it doesn't back up your point. People may be disgusted, rightly so. But the issue is not if people are disgusted. It is whether McNamara is on the scrapheap or not. As coach of England, obviously he isn't.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 15 July 2010 - 11:54 PM.

_____

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 16 2010, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it doesn't back up your point. People may be disgusted, rightly so. But the issue is not if people are disgusted. It is whether McNamara is on the scrapheap or not. As coach of England, obviously he isn't.

My pointwas two-fold.

Firstly that English coaches rarely get another opportunity at top-level if it doesn't work out first time. McNamara actually got the England job when the Bulls were going okay and he hadn't been sacked, so not really relevant.

My other point was about fans writing them off. Fans are happy with Potter, yet if an English coach had taken over Saints and not delivered as much as him there would be uproar.

#59 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 16 2010, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He took Catalans to the CC final, he's taken Saints to GFs, in what you could arguably call a transition period for them. Just because his team haven't been scoring 80m tries with the ball going through 13 pairs of hands, Saints fans say he's poor. I'd take his kind of poor at Odsal right now.

#60 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

http://www.bradfordb...P...S NEW COACH
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists