Photo
- - - - -

Wigan have snared the Melbourne Storm trio. Who can stop Wigan?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Inglis may go to Brisbane. Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater will stay in Melbourne for sure.

But Wigan have snared Jeff Lima, Ryan Hoffman, and Brett Finch.

http://www.smh.com.a...0717-10f2q.html

I would now appear that Wigan have their 2011 Grand Final appearance chalked in, with a victory almost certain.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 02 October 2010 - 07:15 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#2 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Jeff Lima had a shocker today against the Warriors, that's all I've seen of him.
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#3 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

`Ryan Tandy ($150,000) `

Amazing Salary for a Championship plodder with Whitehaven.

#4 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (no13benny @ Jul 17 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeff Lima had a shocker today against the Warriors, that's all I've seen of him.

NZ Warriors are now on a rampage. Don't judge Jeff Lima on one away game against the likes of NZ Warriors.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 17 July 2010 - 11:19 PM.

_____

#5 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

What don't judge him against a good performance that requires him to step up?

Wow, Wigan really will be lucky to have him when it comes to crunch time won't they!
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#6 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 17 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NZ Warrirors are now on a rampage. Don't judge Jeff Lima on one away game against the likes of NZ Warriors.

Not been that good all season

I think they've got better than them 3 already, waste of money for me.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#7 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 17 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not been that good all season

I think they've got better than them 3 already, waste of money for me.

I've just sent Lenigan a text pointing out your invaluable advice. I'm sure he''ll cancel any deals already in place on your say so. biggrin.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#8 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Thought he had a shocker today, well didn't most of the Storm players in the Cake Tin rain.

Five on the bounce for the Warriors, up to twenty points and looking good for the play-offs if they keep up this form.

I must say that the Penrith v Parramatta game was ######ing awesome from the early 22-0 lead to the 30 point fightback.

This is why Rugby League is the greatest game.

#9 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 17 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just sent Lenigan a text pointing out your invaluable advice. I'm sure he''ll cancel any deals already in place on your say so. biggrin.gif

I couldnt be bothered with the link but if you've "snared" these 3 then you really need to have a good luck at your scouting operation biggrin.gif

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 18 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt be bothered with the link but if you've "snared" these 3 then you really need to have a good luck at your scouting operation biggrin.gif

Individuals are neither here nor there, a lot of people forget its a team game. You put together a team not 13 players. biggrin.gif

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 17 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Individuals are neither here nor there, a lot of people forget its a team game. You put together a team not 13 players. biggrin.gif
And on that point it certainly helps that Wigan have signed three players from the same top flight team.

_____

#12 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

Don't need any of them.

I would be delighted if none of those named are at Wigan next year.

#13 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 18 2010, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wigan have signed nobody.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Jesus Christ. Good luck to Wigan and all that, but I wish this ##### would bore off.

He is the worst poster on this board by a country mile, yet thinks that his opinion actually counts, the tool.

Edit: And I also expect he is from closer to Warrington than France.

Edited by Dave T, 18 July 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#15 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 18 2010, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't need any of them.

Thank you Steve, we agree on something at last

#16 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 18 2010, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't need any of them.

i think your coach knows a little bit more about RL than you do.

hes a fine young coach youve gotten

#17 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 17 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would now appear that Wigan have their 2011 Grand Final appearance chalked in, with a victory almost certain.

Thats a silly statement, Lima is a journeyman who struggled in the French League, got himself fit and had two good years at the Storm in 2007-08. Several average players look great at the Storm due to the structure down there and it helps a bit playing alongside three players who will go down as legends of the game.

I think he will have a similiar impact on SL as former Storm teammate Dallas Johnson is having.

Hoffman on the other hand is a damaging runner wide of the rucks, i hope he overcomes his recent injuries.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#18 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Emosi Koloto @ Jul 18 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a silly statement, Lima is a journeyman who struggled in the French League, got himself fit and had two good years at the Storm in 2007-08. Several average players look great at the Storm due to the structure down there and it helps a bit playing alongside three players who will go down as legends of the game.

I think he will have a similiar impact on SL as former Storm teammate Dallas Johnson is having.

Hoffman on the other hand is a damaging runner wide of the rucks, i hope he overcomes his recent injuries.

Got to agree about Lima, Adam Blair is the main prize in the Storm pack but it looks like he is staying put. Hoffman, through injury, does not seem to be the player he was 18 months ago but would be a good signing for any club especially if he can get fit.

#19 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

What complete tosh. How many times have we heard this. A good team sign a few players and thats it all before them will be swept aside.

Good job we actually play the games to find out how good teams are.

#20 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

Inglis may go to Brisbane. Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater will stay in Melbourne for sure.

But Wigan have snared Jeff Lima, Ryan Hoffman, and Brett Finch.

http://www.smh.com.a...0717-10f2q.html

how are Wigan going to fit more overseas players into the reduced Quota rules?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users