Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull Kingston Rovers v Bradford Bulls

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Hull Kingston Rovers v Bradford Bulls (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR (15 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Bradford (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. Draw (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 21 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swing and a miss.

40-4. It's out there...

Forget the score, we won a game with James Child as the referee biggrin.gif

#22 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 21 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forget the score, we won a game with James Child as the referee biggrin.gif

thought you were going easy on the refs.
you're such a hypocrite. bradford lose= refs fault
bradford win= besides the ref.

#23 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (snapski @ Jul 21 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thought you were going easy on the refs.
you're such a hypocrite. bradford lose= refs fault
bradford win= besides the ref.

Go through the last few weeks worth of game threads and find me once saying the referee was to blame for the loss.

#24 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go through the last few weeks worth of game threads and find me once saying the referee was to blame for the loss.

whoopee a couple of weeks.
why not try not to mention them at all. they are a crucial part of sport.
mick in media, they must be insane

#25 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (snapski @ Jul 21 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whoopee a couple of weeks.
why not try not to mention them at all. they are a crucial part of sport.
mick in media, they must be insane

I'm sorry but coming across to the people listening to me, they want to know who the referee is, where he's from and what he gives out there on the field.

#26 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 21 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know we're shipping points left, right and centre, but I can't see Hull getting any past Bradford this week.

biggrin.gif Good shot!

QUOTE (Bulligerent @ Jul 21 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must feel even longer to you than it does to me because i thought we beat KR 50-4 (ah fading memories!).

Edited, etc. tongue.gif

Can see a real thumping here for the Bulls. But then I could at half time at Odsal when they played Wigan.

So here's hoping for a change of fortune for them.

Hull KR 36 Bulls 18. sad.gif

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#27 Bulligerent

Bulligerent
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 21 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swing and a miss.

40-4. It's out there...

That's the point i was making (although not very well i admit). It has been that long since we performed anywhere near as well as that day, that on first trying to remember back to that game my initial thought was that we had won by even more - i should have known then that it would never last but i actually remember thinking at the time, last season (2009) might just have been a blip!

#28 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 22 2010, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif Good shot!

Edited, etc. tongue.gif

Can see a real thumping here for the Bulls. But then I could at half time at Odsal when they played Wigan.

So here's hoping for a change of fortune for them.

Hull KR 36 Bulls 18. sad.gif

Strangely, considering how poorly we've played recently, we've not really had a proper tubbing in this long run of defeats. I suppose it would be fair to say we're due for one, but on the other hand, playing badly and losing by just a few points makes you think it wouldn't take too much to have a win or three.

As a regular, home and away, I've seen all the recent horrors so I have to confess I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but the logic is undeniable, even if the evidence is a bit thin and, on current form, looking a bit far fetched and possibly coloured by desperation. Bad runs often end where you least expect it though, so unless we're saving it up for Knowsley Rd, Craven Park would be as good a place as anywhere.

Edited by Bulliac, 22 July 2010 - 01:18 PM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#29 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

This week's official Bradford excuse - 'they had two more days recovery time than us'.

#30 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 22 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strangely, considering how poorly we've played recently, we've not really had a proper tubbing in this long run of defeats. I suppose it would be fair to say we're due for one, but on the other hand, playing badly and losing by just a few points makes you think it wouldn't take too much to have a win or three.

As a regular, home and away, I've seen all the recent horrors so I have to confess I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but the logic is undeniable, even if the evidence is a bit thin and, on current form, looking a bit far fetched and possibly coloured by desperation. Bad runs often end where you least expect it though, so unless we're saving it up for Knowsley Rd, Craven Park would be as good a place as anywhere.

Bradford 6-52 Huddersfield is as bad as they come mate ohmy.gif

I really do expect us to get the win on Saturday, so if you see a nutter jumping up and down in the Roger Millward stand gantary at full time, that'll be me. cool.gif

#31 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 22 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really do expect us to get the win on Saturday, so if you see a nutter jumping up and down in the Roger Millward stand gantary at full time, that'll be me. cool.gif

I can't really see a Bulls win, we have lost the games when we should, or had a good chance of winning. It would be worthwhile if we could put in some good tackling and a tighter defence, and maybe, just maybe, we could beat the Catalans the following week.
I hate sounding so defeatist, but having seen my hopes dashed so many times, this game looks like another defeat.

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

I really do expect us to get the win on Saturday, so if you see a nutter jumping up and down in the Roger Millward stand gantary at full time, that'll be me... under him... cool.gif
Edited for accuracy.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 22 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edited for accuracy.

laugh.gif wink.gif

#34 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (indomitable @ Jul 22 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't really see a Bulls win, we have lost the games when we should, or had a good chance of winning. It would be worthwhile if we could put in some good tackling and a tighter defence, and maybe, just maybe, we could beat the Catalans the following week.
I hate sounding so defeatist, but having seen my hopes dashed so many times, this game looks like another defeat.

Acting Head Coach Lee St Hilaire has named his 19 man squad for Saturday's trip to Hull KR

With Paul Sykes suspended and Matt Orford, Nick Scruton and James Donaldson still unavailable, St Hilaire has named the same squad as for last week's game against Salford.

Dave Halley, who was omitted last week because of a family bereavement, will come into consideration for this week's game.

The squad is:

Addy, Halley, L'Estrange, Hall, Lynch, Sheriffe, Crossley, Finigan, Kopczak, Olbison, Menzies, Reardon, Godwin, Nero, Kearney, Whitehead, Worrincy, Langley, Platt.

Again no Southernwood.

#35 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Difficult to see anything but another shellacking.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#36 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Can't see Bradford beating this KR side at the moment, they looked good in defeat to an inspired FC performance last weekend, so unless that has knocked their confidence in what they're doing, I think that good form should continue and the Bulls will be beaten by 24.
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Even thoguh I think Hull KR will win, this is the kind of general expectation where upsets occur. So if the Bulls win, I wouldn't be surprised with Super League the way it is this year. No-one gave Salford a hope at home to St Helens, etc.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Well, ok I'd forgotten that one!! But it is a fairly isolated result and most of the others were much closer.

We beat rovers by 40- 4 not that long ago (though it seems an eternity) so it shouldn't be a great shock if we win on Saturday. Mental attitude will play a big part, maybe a bit of luck early in the piece will send us on our way, Rovers haven't been the most consistent team in SL either, so it's all to play for.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#39 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

I still think we can win tomorrow and stop the bus on nine.

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 23 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We beat rovers by 40- 4 not that long ago (though it seems an eternity)...

25th April. Round 12.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.