Photo
- - - - -

Leeds to outnumber saints fans two to one.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

I didn't want to get into comparing town sizes. I was just saying that given the relative average crowd sizes and relative distances. I'm not surprised Leeds out number us. If it was at Wigan I think the balance would be in Saints favour but not by as much.

It's basic maths
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#42 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Saint Toppy @ Aug 4 2010, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean like the 20,000+ wire fans who wen't to Wembley last year but have been nowhere near the HJ this season !!!

Whilst Wendall's post was a load of ######, the one you quoted specifically referred to games prior to the cup final, making your post a bit ###### too...

#43 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 3 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All four are open with 16,000 tickets sold so far so it will be pay on the door, which should see the crowd improve to 18,000/19,000.

But Mick, you had a rant here telling us that they had closed one and it was a farce? Remember?

On the SL website the 4th stand is still closed off.

#44 Optimus

Optimus
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hope it's a repeat of 2003, the atmosphere was amazing! And we won. cool.gif
"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"
Laurie Dailey

#45 Optimus

Optimus
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Aug 5 2010, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Mick, you had a rant here telling us that they had closed one and it was a farce? Remember?

On the SL website the 4th stand is still closed off.

It is! That's why I asked because when I bought tickets you couldn't buy any in that stand. It didn't even say they were sold out unlike the other areas.
Whats going on?
"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"
Laurie Dailey

#46 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Optimus @ Aug 5 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is! That's why I asked because when I bought tickets you couldn't buy any in that stand. It didn't even say they were sold out unlike the other areas.
Whats going on?

Is it sold out ? I was just going to turn up and pay in.But been getting indifferent reports,will have to ring Galpharm in morning to clarify.

#47 Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed
  • Coach
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (St.Clarence. @ Aug 5 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it sold out ? I was just going to turn up and pay in.But been getting indifferent reports,will have to ring Galpharm in morning to clarify.

Walk up and pay according to Saints web site
STUPID CUP WINNER 2006, WCC CUP WINNER 2007, SQL league winner 2008

SQL Stupid Cup and League Double Winner 2009

#48 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 3 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been reported on the rhinos website that on current ticket sales leeds will outnumber their counterparts two to one. If this is true it's a sad day for rugby league. What would stop a true fan travelling less than an hour down the motorway for the biggest game of the season on a saturday afternoon ? This game promises to be a cracker and if it's played out in front of a half empty saints end it will do the image of our game no good whatsoever.

fact is saints don't have half as many glory hunters as the whino's,

more true fans yes but glory hunters no!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#49 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Viking Warrior @ Aug 6 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fact is saints don't have half as many glory hunters as the whino's,

more true fans yes but glory hunters no!!

Ha ha, small club man with small club syndrome. You'd be lucky to raise enough fans for a party. 3 in a row..............jealous?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users