Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How do they get away with it?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Mistress_Marlowe @ Aug 18 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dawson is off to Cardiff with Old Frightful and Roy Boy and will be sharing a room with a Rovers fan. blink.gif

I'd like to think I'll also get to share bodily fluids with Hanners, but I can't see that dream coming true. ph34r.gif laugh.gif

But surely there'll be at least 250,000 of them. wink.gif

#42 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Sarn roundabout on the M4 at Bridgend. Two cheap hotels there, one of them is advertised by Lenny Henry, and the other one at the motorway lodge advertises at 25 a night. That's a Days Inn was rated recently cheapest on motorways.
Porthcawl has plenty of accommadation, and good pubs and though winter is by the sea. The hotels in Cardiff are rip off merchants, and ought to be ashamed of themselves charging huge prices.

#43 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

I can recommend the Meridian serviced apartments in Cardiff. They're on Bute Terrace and are an ideal location, 2 mins walk to the Hayes, 3 mins to St Marys Street and 5 mins to the stadium. Priced at about 120 a night but you can easily fit 4 people in.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#44 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 17 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night I booked my accommodation in Cardiff for the start of the Super League XVI, well I wouldn't want to miss Bradford vs Leeds.

Anyhow just by going on the Travelodge website as I use these more than any other hotel chain, the price for a night at Cardiff Central, Cardiff Atlantic Wharf and Cardiff M4 is a shocking 110 per night because they know the big event is on and that people will pay it.

If you were to book the same three hotels on the Friday night you can get a room for 39, yet come Saturday and Sunday it's 110 which I find disgusting.

I've had to book at Caerphilly Travelodge which is some 7 miles away from the Millenium Stadium because I won't pay over the odds and for the three nights stay I've got it down to 140 or 46 per night.

My message is to any other Rugby League supporters coming down for this to do the same although I suspect Caerphilly will soon be fully booked at them prices.

We are staying in the same hotel as you,cardiff is a rip off.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#45 Exiled Rhino

Exiled Rhino
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Wolford6 @ Aug 18 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The training pitches belong to Bradford Council, though the Bulls have now moved to Tong School. Bradford City shared the facility and were also due to move but, because they couldn't find anywhere equivalent have stayed there. The cynic in me thinks that Bradford Council has plans for the playing fields at Apperley Bridge, probably housing or a mosque.

Or parking for the planned new train station...

#46 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 18 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they have caravans for hire or are you taking your own?...

Mr and Mrs KT on a family holiday recently.. biggrin.gif

Hmmm - I can see Mrs KT clearly buit who's that sat next to me?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#47 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 19 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm - I can see Mrs KT clearly buit who's that sat next to me?

I take it your good lady rarely visits these forums.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#48 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 19 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it your good lady rarely visits these forums.

Indeed - she's ficticious, I actually live with rhubarbtriangulist
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#49 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 19 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed - she's ficticious, I actually live with rhubarbtriangulist

I've always thought that. Actually, if Rhuby and Mrs KT are one and the same, you can post what you like without fear of retribution, on here at least.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users