Yeamo to retire

Roy Boy

Thoroughly expected this, but it's a sad day when a player like this retires.

He's been a model pro and a great servant to the club.

So pleased he's been playing so well in his twilight and I hope we manage some more silverware to let him go out with a bang.

http://www.hullfc.com/news/2016-09-22-hull-hero-yeaman-to-retire-at-end-of-season

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I'm a little surprised by this as 33 ain't that old for a modern day SL player and, as he's shown this season, he's still got plenty to offer.

I wonder when he was farmed out to Donny (no disrespect) at the start of the season, if he wondered if his Hull career was finished?, I bet he did.

So to have turned it round and played in a winning Hull side at Wembley with, still the chance of more silverware, shows what character the bloke has. He must think he's found the greatest drug ever.

He could probably have gained more honours and international appearances playing for a more successful side but he's stayed at Hull and the fans love him for that.

Best wishes to him on his retirement, hope he makes a success of whatever the club offer him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Very rare to have a one-club man these days and he's stuck with us al the way.  A great servant to the club and (I believe) a genuinely nice bloke off the pitch.  Been back to his absolute best this year and will leave some very big boots to fill.  Always a rock in defence & had plenty to offer in attack. Remember seeing him on the brink of the 11-game try scoring streak (which was later equalled by Richard Horne) and noting how devastated he was  not to get over the line. A man truly passionate about the club.  Wishing him all the very best for the future & hope he stays involved at the club & in the game in some capacity.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

I'll always remember his GB debut,that fateful day in sydney,2006..

Up against mark gasnier,i'll admit i was worried for him..i shouldn't have been,yeaman smashed gasnier,sat him on his backside,gasnier had to be helped off the pitch and up the tunnel never to return....

Fantastic :)

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Crazy to think he got his hull chance, through another local lad who played centre leaving. Took it with both hands fair play to him. On the international scene he was in a era where we had senior and Gleeson at the same time.he was playing his best rugby. Had that been now he'd have been in the England team imo

An absolute Hull legend as far as I'm concerned. His achievements in the game speak for themselves. What he's done this season speaks volumes for his character too. i'll never forget his performance against Wigan in the CC semi final. It seemed like every time they moved the ball his way they were driven back ten metres.

Here's hoping he gets to sign off as part of Hull's most successful season ever. He deserves it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hull FC legend as simple as that and what a great way to finish his career with a Wembley win and top 3 super league place secured.

The best defensive centre I have ever seen in the black and white and I hope he will now be coaching the likes of Jack Logan in how to be the ultimate professional as well as mastering the centre position.

Timing wise is probably about right as well for although Kirk has had a great season this year after a dodgy start on loan at Doncaster I do think attacking wise we are lacking and the pace has gone but that shouldn't detract from the great service he has given to Hull.

Archived