Superb win Hornets

glemiln

A very tense, but well-earned and great 16-8 win which should secure our Championship status and it will if we get at least one point from our last 2.

Without the results of our last 2 games, a win for either Oldham or Swinton in their game next week can only secure one of them 18 points, with a win in their final game.

A draw in their game and both could get 17 points by winning their final game - Oldham v Rams and Lions at Toulouse!

I await to be corrected!

Fewer penalties and good goal kicking from Yates.

Well done again - keep up the good work.  

Hornets have17 points. Oldham and Swinton both have 14 points after today. all three have two games to play. next week Oldham play Swinton. Only a draw would give both teams a mathematical chance of surviving. A win for either puts that team safe and relegates the other.

Well done today lads. You came up with the result just when we needed it.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Team kept it's composure, that is what won the game for us, the only silly penalties were when the ref was wiping his glasses and missed the action Ha Ha.

Well done to everyone, especially Trigger, with that trademark arcing run to flatten the fullback as he caught the bomb. Spoke to him after the game and I said " I was just waiting for the ref's whistle" he said so was he, but the whistle never came, perfect run and perfect timing, well done Trigger.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

27 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

Hornets have17 points. Oldham and Swinton both have 14 points after today. all three have two games to play. next week Oldham play Swinton. Only a draw would give both teams a mathematical chance of surviving. A win for either puts that team safe and relegates the other.

Well done today lads. You came up with the result just when we needed it.

Close but if oldham win Swinton are not relegated. A win at Toulouse with Dewsbury beating Oldham should see Swinton safe whatever the result next week. A draw next week I predict ! 

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

After the awful showing last week this was a revelation. With the exception of Penny, who for the first time in a few weeks I thought was poor, everyone put a huge shift in and got the job done, exemplified by Danny 'missed all season but tried' Yates' touch line kick to make it 10-8. The defence was awesome. 

On one hand slightly disappointed that the passion on display today hasn't been there all season, but wow did they show it in spades today. The polar opposite of last week's tepid showing, was genuinely proud of them today. Only a freak draw next week between Oldham and Swinton, an Oldham win on the last day by 30 odd points, and 2 losses for us stands in the way of us surviving in this league. Remarkable stuff after the ennui of the last few weeks. Well done to all \o/ 

13 minutes ago, Beetlebum said:

After the awful showing last week this was a revelation. With the exception of Penny, who for the first time in a few weeks I thought was poor, everyone put a huge shift in and got the job done, exemplified by Danny 'missed all season but tried' Yates' touch line kick to make it 10-8. The defence was awesome. 

On one hand slightly disappointed that the passion on display today hasn't been there all season, but wow did they show it in spades today. The polar opposite of last week's tepid showing, was genuinely proud of them today. Only a freak draw next week between Oldham and Swinton, an Oldham win on the last day by 30 odd points, and 2 losses for us stands in the way of us surviving in this league. Remarkable stuff after the ennui of the last few weeks. Well done to all \o/ 

No not 30 odd points, it depends on the scores of our two games should we lose them and what score  Oldham beat Dewsbury. 

I hear what you say about a contrived draw next week between Oldham and Swinton but stop to think about that.

Could you trust the other side not to snatch the winner in the last minute rather than draw if a chance presented itself. No way. Next week both team will be going full tilt for that vital two points.

Of course a draw is always possible. Oldham have had two already this season.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

19 minutes ago, excolt said:

No not 30 odd points, it depends on the scores of our two games should we lose them and what score  Oldham beat Dewsbury. 

Well yes, slightly pedantic but true. Obviously all goes out the window if either Swinton or Oldham win - then we stay up regardless. A lot more pressure on them than us 

14 hours ago, Beetlebum said:

To be fair to Penny, I think he was carrying an arm injury suffered in the first half and the rest of the lads were protecting him. From what I could see he could run but not much else.

Well played yesterday, thought you out  enthused us and was surprised that it took to the second half for you to score as you looked way more dangerous. Your half backs were the difference, they looked lively where as ours stood and passed (not very well)

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

What a win, after a chance missed last week it was important that we did what we needed to do yesterday. we are practically safe with Oldham and swinton playing each other next week if one of them loses then they wont be able to catch us, so the only question is who do you want to stay up Oldham or swinton?.

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

What a win, after a chance missed last week it was important that we did what we needed to do yesterday. we are practically safe with Oldham and swinton playing each other next week if one of them loses then they wont be able to catch us, so the only question is who do you want to stay up Oldham or swinton?.

Oldham,every game has been good, good for us that is apart from the latest.I want another summer bash El Clasico game. If I didn't have to go to Sheffield at Wakefield I would be on the metro to Sale.It may not be a £1,000,000 game but a £,75,000 one and probably another £50,000 in gate money.

Of course. As I said oN a different thread the RL are interested in turning the game into a NRL type competition with only full time clubs spread across favourable locations. The rest can wither away or turn into a second class competition probably alligned to full time clubs to provide them with a place for players not in the first team squad, just like the NSW and Queensland leagues in Australia.

Australia has never had a multi league competition, but to do this in Uk would be to throw away 125 years of tradition, history and well established clubs onto the scrapheap. And its all being led by people with no history in RL...nothing but failed TV and football executives.

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, Anita Bath said:

Of course. As I said oN a different thread the RL are interested in turning the game into a NRL type competition with only full time clubs spread across favourable locations. The rest can wither away or turn into a second class competition probably alligned to full time clubs to provide them with a place for players not in the first team squad, just like the NSW and Queensland leagues in Australia.

Australia has never had a multi league competition, but to do this in Uk would be to throw away 125 years of tradition, history and well established clubs onto the scrapheap. And its all being led by people with no history in RL...nothing but failed TV and football executives.

Have to enjoy the game while we can.

Archived