Hock

westizbest

6 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I was using him as a comparison as he was probably one of if not the best forwards in league 1 last season . Him being a haven player dosent blinker my vision or stifle my opinion of that .

I’d agree that Forster is a great player at this level but Hock would’ve been a better signing had it been structured correctly. 

Irrelevant now I suppose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s all relative to the level you’re at . Remember this world beater was shipped out from Saints and Salford having barely made an impact  to the bottom end of the championship and league one 

he isnt alone in being shipped out of top clubs and now in league 1 though DavidM is he ?

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s all relative to the level you’re at . Remember this world beater was shipped out from Saints and Salford having barely made an impact  to the bottom end of the championship and league one 

Sorry pal he’s 24 or 25 and when he played for saints and Salford will have been in his late teens so you can’t say he was shipped out he never got going there he got signed up from Salford from haven and after 1 season played a few first grade games and realised he wanted to stay at haven where he was well looked after and look at the time he has been at haven considering his first couple seasons at haven Coaching at such a young age I don’t think he’s done too bad give the lad a break he could play top end champ or low to mid sl very easily anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool 

22 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

No I'm interested in all things rugby and i'm not going through life ignoring other teams exist and have good players and are local talking points , local rivals or not

Irrespective of what forster is or isn't maybe it would be better if you pop over to the haven forum and pass compliments on him while we discuss Town on here

21 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sorry pal he’s 24 or 25 and when he played for saints and Salford will have been in his late teens so you can’t say he was shipped out he never got going there he got signed up from Salford from haven and after 1 season played a few first grade games and realised he wanted to stay at haven where he was well looked after and look at the time he has been at haven considering his first couple seasons at haven Coaching at such a young age I don’t think he’s done too bad give the lad a break he could play top end champ or low to mid sl very easily anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool 

Done great at haven no doubt 

Sorry guys I know it’s a town forum but when stupid things are said about good players regardless of clubs they play for just irritates me it’s like Wilkes and foster for you guys he’s been a great players and will do very well for town this season along with others is it that hard to complement the talent we are lucky to have in this area 

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sorry guys I know it’s a town forum but when stupid things are said about good players regardless of clubs they play for just irritates me it’s like Wilkes and foster for you guys he’s been a great players and will do very well for town this season along with others is it that hard to complement the talent we are lucky to have in this area 

Don't think anyone is criticising Forster , in fact quite the opposite , Carl is a very good player in this division and probably could play at a much higher level, the criticism is to those who are comparing Hock with Carl, a million miles apart, let's be brutally honest comparing a player with over 200 superleague  games plus international caps , to a guy with an handful of Super league games, plus playing in an awful division is not only impossible it's pretty irrelevant.

2 hours ago, snoopdog said:

Don't think anyone is criticising Forster , in fact quite the opposite , Carl is a very good player in this division and probably could play at a much higher level, the criticism is to those who are comparing Hock with Carl, a million miles apart, let's be brutally honest comparing a player with over 200 superleague  games plus international caps , to a guy with an handful of Super league games, plus playing in an awful division is not only impossible it's pretty irrelevant.

you really dont get it do you ? it was never about a like for like comparison , it was about saying he would not be a cost effective option in this league when there are very good calibre forwards around who would be 4 times cheaper ,  maybe not be as good but he'd be almost as effective in this league and not be a liability to miss half the games sitting in the stands , so again , just for you , If I had a choice between Hock and Forster in league one I'd go for Forster hands down .

8 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

you really dont get it do you ? it was never about a like for like comparison , it was about saying he would not be a cost effective option in this league when there are very good calibre forwards around who would be 4 times cheaper ,  maybe not be as good but he'd be almost as effective in this league and not be a liability to miss half the games sitting in the stands , so again , just for you , If I had a choice between Hock and Forster in league one I'd go for Forster hands down .

So what your saying Mouse is that you agree  that Hock is the much better player and if we where offered both players for free you would choose him but  if we have to pay them  Forster would be much better value for money considering the amount it would take to sign Hock.

Forster was just the kind of player we needed last year, adding Ryan , Dawson and Wilkes we should see big improvement if any is needed from Scholey and Curwen , it's an interesting prospect. It remains to be seen if Forster can carry them again this year with an weaker squad.

6 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

So what your saying Mouse is that you agree  that Hock is the much better player and if we where offered both players for free you would choose him but  if we have to pay them  Forster would be much better value for money considering the amount it would take to sign Hock.

partly but there are the discipline issues and desire to make it too and youth if its a long term hope which give Forster the edge 

Archived