Hock

westizbest

40 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Yeah - but you're a closet jam fan!

Why because I rate Forster ?

what rubbish .

Forster is a very good forward at this level and Town would be a better squad with him in it , you need to talk and think with your head instead of your backside for once .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Why because I rate Forster ?

what rubbish .

Forster is a very good forward at this level and Town would be a better squad with him in it , you need to talk and think with your head instead of your backside for once .

Sadly I don't possess the contortionist skills required for such a feat ! I don't however have any loyalty issues and as I have said before the only time I put my money through the jam turnstile is when Town are there. 

Although I don't believe using huge chunks of money to sign Hock on what would be a short term measure is the way forward, there is no doubt Hock would be the best prop in this league and probably the one above. Comparing Forster in the same league as Hock is laughable.

Even IF it is possible. I can' see it fitting with what the club is doing. To me, he is one who is looking for one final payday. And we know we have made errors in the past with certain individuals on huge money. 

Surely whatever funds do become available will be best spent on getting one or two in who can build a career at DP? Not someone who has one or two seasons left?

Come on how can you compare Forster, who yes was really good in league 1 last year, to a player who’s played nearly his entire Career at super league. If Forster had ever performed well at a higher level then fair do’s but he hasn’t. And there certainly isn’t 5 better than him. Some utter rubbish posted by some on here sometimes

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

53 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Even IF it is possible. I can' see it fitting with what the club is doing. To me, he is one who is looking for one final payday. And we know we have made errors in the past with certain individuals on huge money. 

Surely whatever funds do become available will be best spent on getting one or two in who can build a career at DP? Not someone who has one or two seasons left?

They get him on pay as you play then you get value out of him. Even if it’s £1,000 a game the extra bums on seats would subsidise it and the nature of the deal would mean he’d have to play.

26 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

They get him on pay as you play then you get value out of him. Even if it’s £1,000 a game the extra bums on seats would subsidise it and the nature of the deal would mean he’d have to play.

If only we’d thought of that kind of deal before !!!

31 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Over the past couple of seasons high profile signings for us have turned out to be a waste of space costing us a fortune.

Hock if he as not signed for a club in Lancs or York only suggests to me that he comes with a ? or baggage, and if as reported wants a £40k contract it would be a big risk.

1000 a match? he isn't sam tomkins. when sammut wasn't on that and he is better then tomkins.

if he comes which is unlikely it seems it's only going to be a stepping stone to finish his career at a higher level closer to home or at the top once a team suffers from injuries or loss of form.

saying that wasn't a 20k figure posted on here for big pj and look how that ended.

I'd like to know what is exactly seen as so special about him , , he is a good forward , never a world beater . More of a brawling lunatic most of his very controversial career , a self made myth . For me his  controversy made his name more than his actual ability , some comments on here making him an outstanding superstar way above anyone in league one is laughable .

33 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Over the past couple of seasons high profile signings for us have turned out to be a waste of space costing us a fortune.

Agreed but there have also been some great signings ie Thackeray and Sammut

Just now, DavidM said:

Either way we are going to need more than 21 , so hopefully we are working on stretching that out 

There talking to a good few players at present 

57 minutes ago, wonky said:

To be honest though, if mcnally is available I think he would be a better signing than hock. 

for sure , a top notch full back again would be good and also his utility use at scrum half but still need at least 2 big forwards in their prime years , dont have to be world beaters just work horses will do .

39 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

for sure , a top notch full back again would be good and also his utility use at scrum half but still need at least 2 big forwards in their prime years , dont have to be world beaters just work horses will do .

Yeah I think at our level he would be better off at scrum half freeing up Doran for hooker with newton. Possibly need squad players as forwards rather than starters, with Dawson, Wilkes, curwen and stevie you have 4 very good props who can do long minutes 

17 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

still say more size is needed , stevie and tom all heart but again look a forster , drives up the middle 2 or 3 hanging off him , doubles the yards and has power to turn and off load as he is creating gaps , thats where sheer size and power comes in .

Agree. All the heart and drive is great but the size to bend and bust the line is key to getting on top up front and we've sorely lacked it and been bullied while struggling ourselves to get a foothold , and someone who can offload there to . All the leading sides will have that

Archived