Swinton Sunday

NickD

Absolute MUST win this one.  Having seen their first few results you've got to be confident but hey, its us we're talking about..

Rams 22 - Swinton 10

Att:  862

Lets hope we have Thomas at FB and Dale back on the wing and two centres on the field..

One or two changes this week I reckon,Andrade and Ward should be back.

I’ve heard we might have a new fullback in on Sunday.

?

Worrincy

Leeming

Ryder

Morton

Sykes

S. Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Garrat.

Annakin

Walshaw

Knowles

Subs

Thomas 

Day

Andrade

T. Richardson/Harrison 

Rams 22

Swinton 14

Fts Ryder

mom Sykes

att 845

12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

One or two changes this week I reckon,Andrade and Ward should be back.

I’ve heard we might have a new fullback in on Sunday.

?

Worrincy

Leeming

Ryder

Morton

Sykes

S. Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Garrat.

Igbinedion

Walshaw

Knowles

Subs

Thomas 

Day

Andrade

T Richardson/Harrison 

Rams 22

Swinton 14

Fts Ryder

mom Sykes

att 845

Well Hooley isn't getting a look in at Wakey ..... 3rd or 4th choice!!  .... He is class in our league! here's hoping! .... And if Annakin is still on loan he gets in my 17 too!

54 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Well Hooley isn't getting a look in at Wakey ..... 3rd or 4th choice!!  .... He is class in our league! here's hoping! .... And if Annakin is still on loan he gets in my 17 too!

Or could it just be the young lad we signed from Rhinos academy, who actually looked quite good on you tube.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Sorry I’ve just edited as I’d forgotten Annakin ?

And you've dropped last wek's MoM. This coaching lark is a bit tricky, isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Or could it just be the young lad we signed from Rhinos academy, who actually looked quite good on you tube.

He had an operation before he joined us - likely to be another three weeks before he is available.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wonder if that Wigan half back Harry Smith will appear for the Lions this weekend? He was instrumental in beating the Oz schoolboys and is apparently rated the hottest prospect in years. Will be good to see how he goes against seasoned pros and in ye olde days he would have been paggered by a knarled prop for any impudence or improvisation. Let’s just hope we don’t go over the top and yield to indiscipline again but should have enough to win by 10 at least.

13 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Wonder if that Wigan half back Harry Smith will appear for the Lions this weekend? He was instrumental in beating the Oz schoolboys and is apparently rated the hottest prospect in years. Will be good to see how he goes against seasoned pros and in ye olde days he would have been paggered by a knarled prop for any impudence or improvisation. Let’s just hope we don’t go over the top and yield to indiscipline again but should have enough to win by 10 at least.

He’s in the 19 man squad along with another 3 from Wigan.

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Really pleased to see Hooley in the squad ...... season long loan would be good!! 

Very concerned that it looks like Iggy at centre again  ..... and still no Andrade!!

For me Thomas and Alex Brown to miss out.

Agree.  Agree.  Agree!!!

Second game in and we are already borrowing. Does this mean our original set of players is not good enough for Championship rugby?

From what I can gather Swinton only falter in the final ten minutes or thereabouts, so we need to have our strongest TEAM performing well. I’ll go for:

Dewsbury 22-16 Swinton

FTS: Worrincy

MoM: Ryder

Att: 648

We must watch out for Harry Smith; he has a big future. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Second game in and we are already borrowing. Does this mean our original set of players is not good enough for Championship rugby?

From what I can gather Swinton only falter in the final ten minutes or thereabouts, so we need to have our strongest TEAM performing well. I’ll go for:

Dewsbury 22-16 Swinton

FTS: Worrincy

MoM: Ryder

Att: 648

We must watch out for Harry Smith; he has a big future. 

It must be doing wonders for squad morale. It seems to me that a large part of the squad have been written off on the strength of one match against one of the more fancied teams (York). Thought Gabriel was highly rated when he came.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

It must be doing wonders for squad morale. It seems to me that a large part of the squad have been written off on the strength of one match against one of the more fancied teams (York). Thought Gabriel was highly rated when he came.

Half the squad have not been written off its more or less the same team.If the coach thinks some of lads are not up to the mark that's for him to decide .I don't believe in d/r but if you cant beat em join. Its no good sticking to your morals when all around you are sticking two fingers up to the system. How many players will Swinton have in. on loan.Our19 squad looks to have good potential.

18 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Really pleased to see Hooley in the squad ...... season long loan would be good!! 

Very concerned that it looks like Iggy at centre again  ..... and still no Andrade!!

For me Thomas and Alex Brown to miss out.

Brown and brown for me i dont rate simon brown too slow and cant tackle thomas at halfback hes got bit of pace

10 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Half the squad have not been written off its more or less the same team.If the coach thinks some of lads are not up to the mark that's for him to decide .I don't believe in d/r but if you cant beat em join. Its no good sticking to your morals when all around you are sticking two fingers up to the system. How many players will Swinton have in. on loan.Our19 squad looks to have good potential.

Sorry equalizer, but if we can't find a credible centre out of a squad of well over thirty, then I'd say we are going to struggle. We have some of the best strike wingers among the part time clubs but nobody to make chances for them. Are the back rowers we have taken on loan going to be so much better than the ones already have in the squad ? I doubt it. If we are going to borrow players, at least let's get them in positions that need strengthening.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Sorry equalizer, but if we can't find a credible centre out of a squad of well over thirty, then I'd say we are going to struggle. We have some of the best strike wingers among the part time clubs but nobody to make chances for them. Are the back rowers we have taken on loan going to be so much better than the ones already have in the squad ? I doubt it. If we are going to borrow players, at least let's get them in positions that need strengthening.

Annakin was head and shoulders above the rest whilst he was on the pitch last week.

I will stick with my unwavering optimism and predict:

Rams 28 - 18 Lions

Att: 897

History has shown Swinton play well at our ground when needs must... This game certainly falls into that bracket, 2 teams who will be desperate for their first win. On paper we have a better squad & individually better player vs player, but has we know this means diddly squat when it's team vs team for 80 minutes.. Today the victory will go to who wants it more, who turns up, who fights for 80 mins to bring 2 points home, if we don't and lose the road will be a hard one for the rest of the season.. Today its no surrender, its no petrol left in the tank, and certainly no "what if's" 

Dewsbury 28 Rochdale 16

Sykes sin binned

Adam Ryder try

And a dust up between Trout & Acton 

Big games from Sam Day & Robbie Ward today. 

ATT 857

and a half time draw winner from the southstand. 

4 minutes ago, coolie said:

History has shown Swinton play well at our ground when needs must... This game certainly falls into that bracket, 2 teams who will be desperate for their first win. On paper we have a better squad & individually better player vs player, but has we know this means diddly squat when it's team vs team for 80 minutes.. Today the victory will go to who wants it more, who turns up, who fights for 80 mins to bring 2 points home, if we don't and lose the road will be a hard one for the rest of the season.. Today its no surrender, its no petrol left in the tank, and certainly no "what if's" 

Dewsbury 28 Rochdale 16

Sykes sin binned

Adam Ryder try

And a dust up between Trout & Acton 

Big games from Sam Day & Robbie Ward today. 

ATT 857

and a half time draw winner from the southstand. 

Rochdale ?I thought we were playing Swinton ?

8 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Job done,I thought we made hard work of it. We should have put a bigger score on them.

We won, but not sure how...Thought there was very little between the two teams.  They looked lethal when attacking our right hand side.  Syksey usually snuffs out everything across there, but they looked like scoring every time they got in our 25 on that side..

Thanks goodness for Worrincy's interception....

Archived